Dynasty Warriors for PS Vita has me a little worried.

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mrangryface

In the videos released during E3 the game displayed some weird, and imo awkward mechanics involving ambushes and the like. My main concern isnt so much with having to do them at all, but having to do them frequently. Will battles be more about weird ambushes and officer encounters and less about what i've loved about musou games up to this point? Is Sony forcing developers to implement the multiple control points on the PSV? Im not afraid of change- the changes to Samurai Warriors for Chronicles were well executed- thats all I want, things added because they make a game better- not to sell features the manufacturer will quietly ignore a year later.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

I'm thinking that it may not be such a bad thing if Dynasty Warriors were to be changed up a bit. It's gotten stale for a lot of people, myself included.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By falserelic

I'm not really expecting much different in the new dynasty warriors game.

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mrangryface

Basically i'll buy any system with a musou game. SamWar 3 is why I bought a Wii for example. Im apparently Koei's key demographic

@JJWeatherman said:

I'm thinking that it may not be such a bad thing if Dynasty Warriors were to be changed up a bit. It's gotten stale for a lot of people, myself included.

Samurai Warriors Chronicles some interesting new things that work pretty well if youre interested- unfortunately it means owning a 3DS - which I own but kinda regret.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Wait a second... there are people that look forward to Dynasty Warriors games?

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
@ShadowSkill11 said:

Yeah I'm confused
lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By lead_farmer

As long as Ma Chao fights in the name of justice, I don't care.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By beforet

@ShadowSkill11 said:

Why yes! And in other news, the world is made up of people with different and varied tastes, not all of which match your own. I'll give you a moment to overcome the shock.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By Yanngc33

Dynasty warriors could use a little make over, if I do say so myself

chiefrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By chiefrock

Dynasty Warriors has run the same concept for so long, they need to take a leap and improve it a bit. I don't even know how they still sell!

I feel all the Dynasty warriors games were pretty much the same games with mildly different stories.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sayishere

Dynasty warriors was the first game i bought with my PSP, and lo and behold a new system with the exact same IP

Oh great, im dreading the release of this system, but i hope im proved wrong by amazing titles and intuitive control system.

Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Tsoglani

The PS Vita will be awesome, just wait and see.

As for Dynasty Warriors, I have loved this series since the first time I played as Guan Yu and kicked major ass; I still find it amusing that people think that because they don't like something it automatically means NO-ONE likes it. 

I must admit though, even though I like the series and the way battles go, it could do with a few new mechanics and gameplay innovations.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@ShadowSkill11 said:

dragonzord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By dragonzord

@JJWeatherman said:

I doubt they need to appeal to new fans. I think their best bet is to keep appealing to the people who still like them

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By EpicSteve

Any change is good for that series.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By kingzetta

How is Samurai Warriors for Chronicles, by the way.

Pyrgz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pyrgz

so how much has dynasty warriors changed since like... dynasty warrior 3? because I played that one and all the newer ones look pretty much just like that one.

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mrangryface

I think its really good- you command a set of four officers per map instead of just one. I think my only complaints would be that the weapons could use more variety and that some of the objectives are kinda ridiculous. It's like you need to catch Hanzo before he gets here, and Hanzos outrunning me on foot while im on a horse. I call shenannigans. At the end of the day failing a mission in a SW game doesnt end things anyway so its mostly me just being all sore about not catching ninjas.

chirotera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By chirotera

Dynasty Warriors gave itself a make-over with DW6. Fans revolted... and they undid a lot of them for DW7. DW7 itself still breaks the mold a bit too, but in a way that's somewhat interesting. Plus it finally added Jin. I don't expect people who don't enjoy the series to understand what people who enjoy it look for, but yeah, changing the formula, even slightly, would tick a lot of people off. Myself included. I almost didn't buy DW7 after the travesty that was DW6.

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mrangryface

I kind of wish DW7 was a little more challenging tho- the ability to carry weapons over from conquest kinda busted the difficulty levels imo. Sun and Moon are crazy OP