MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Edited By MachoFantastico

E3 PREVIEW PART 4: FINAL PREDICTIONS!

We are now technically only hours away from the start of the E3 Expo, so for the final part of my E3 preview. I thought it only best to discuss some of the predictions I have for this special videogame spectacle. Now every gamer as hopes and expectations for an event such as this, and I for one like to keep things realistic. Some of the much speculated rumours entering into E3 have already been answered, we have seen the leaked footage of Sony's new PSP Go! not to mention the many games that have already been revealed even before the actual event as even kicked off. So I wanted to focus more on a general view on what I think we'll actually be seeing rather then go insane and predict things that don't have a realistic chance of actually being true. 

ANOTHER CAMERA FOR THE 360 ANYONE?

A second camera for the Xbox 360 as been rumoured for a good few months now, there already seems to be some proof that one could be in the works. Afterall, Microsoft did buy motion-sensing company 3DV sometime back. While a new motion sensing camera wouldn't blow the minds of the core Xbox 360 crowd, it seems like a reasonable risk to take on the part of Microsoft. While this new camera could be unveiled whenever Microsoft felt it was the right time, E3 2009 seems like an almost perfect place to show the world what it will offer gamers and developers alike. It will be rather interesting to see how the hardcore Xbox 360 fanbase feels about this new camera, especially considering the attitudes shown towards Microsoft's most recent camera showcase in 'You're in the Movies' which was of course demonstrated at last years E3.

Microsoft's new motion-sensing camera?

Will we actually see this new motion sensing camera at Microsoft's press conference? Well I'd predict a simple yes. There seems to be enough proof and backbone to this story that I wouldn't be shocked if Microsoft eventually showed off the new camera to the media and of course us gamers. How the gamers and the media respond to this new piece of hardware, is a total different matter. For me personally, I can't move away from the sense that this is just another EyeToy. But I would love to be proven wrong. Will we see Sony unveil motion-sensing hardware at this years event? Well considering the recently leaked PSP Go! I'm rather confident in saying no.

NEW HARDWARE FOR THE NINTENDO WII?
This prediction is a rather obvious one to be honest, while we already know that Wii Motion Plus will be making an appearance at the show. I'd also bet on seeing some other new piece of equipment for Nintendo Wii owners to purchase in the coming months. While I'm not a big fan of Nintendo's attitude towards peripherals, it makes perfect sense for them to keep developing more considering how well past hardware as done for the Japanese company. While it would be nice to eventually see an all in one Wii Motion Controller with Wii Motion Plus built in, I'm indeed confident we won't see such a thing at this years event. To be totally honest with you dear reader, I have no idea what Nintendo could have up their sleeves and neither to most of the gaming media. They are a very unpredictable company, who can always surprise in the wierdest of ways. But I would expect some sort of new hardware to make an appearance at the Nintendo E3 press conference.

METAL GEAR 'NEXT'!
I've already discussed this in some detail in a past blog, but I felt it was worthy of another quick mention. Without a doubt, a new Metal Gear game could potentially be one of the biggest pieces of news to appear out of E3 and Metal Gear fans have been debating what this new Kojima Productions game could be for a while now. There is of course every chance that this new title, could simply be an Substance version of Metal Gear Solid 4. It's a common trend for the Metal Gear Solid games to unveil a

special edition some months after the actual release of the original game, so that is of course possible. But I sense that from the recent interview with Mr Hideo Kojima himself and the sense of talk surrounding the game, that this is more then just Metal Gear Solid 4 plus. 

Weather update: Sunny spells with a pleasant sea breeze.
There seems to be a belief that Microsoft will announce Metal Gear Solid 4 at some point within their press conference. That wouldn't surprise me, though I'd be rather interested to see how it both looked and how they would change key parts of the dialogue which directly attacked the Xbox 360. But I honestly believe that this new Metal Gear game will indeed be Metal Gear 5, while we might not officially see it until the Sony or Konami press conferences. What this new Metal Gear game will be, as yet to be known. There are many theories going around, but it's now being generally accepted that the two figures seen on the teaser site aren't who we believe they are. That cyborg ninja is not Raiden, and that Big Boss lookalike is indeed not Big Boss. One thing can be for sure though, out of the whole of E3. It's this new Metal Gear game that as me excited the most of any other potential unveiling that we already know of. 

DOWNLOADABLE GAMES GOOD SIR!
One area of gaming which as continued to see great improvement over the recent years, as come in the form of the downloadable game. Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and the Nintendo Wii have all embraced this new form of digital distribution. Creating in the process an almost retro return to videogaming. Never was it truly possible for games such as Flower or Braid to suceed in the days of old, but nowadays we can't get enough of these digital forms of entertainment. There is every chance that at this years E3, downloadable games will yet again become a key talking point for gamers and the gaming media. Large videogame companies such as Microsoft and Sony could discuss in detail their plans for downloadable games at some point in their press conferences. Microsoft in particular I sense, could push their downloadable games platform to a great degree and hopefully we'll see some top games announced for us all to get excited about.

DS'i WANT SOME MORE GAMES PLEASE NINTENDO!
While it's not been the talk of the gaming media, I totally believe that we'll see some sort of DSi push from Nintendo. The latest incarnation of Nintendo's popular portable console, as had a slow start out of the gate. Owners are desperate to see some quality titles get announced, not to mention the need for a proper backbone in the form of WiiWare. DSi needs something big, could the rumour of classic Nintendo platform titles eventually making their way to the DSI be true? It seems possible and would be an open opportunity for Nintendo to make even more money. At this point in time I see no reason to purchase a Nintendo DSi, but I'm honestly hoping that come the end of the week, I'll be discussing plans to purchase one. Will that happen? Have to wait and see. But expect a push from Nintendo at some point this week. 

GAMES, GAMES AND A FEW MORE GAMES!
Despite the announcement of new pieces of hardware that will eventually hit the market in the coming months, it's still generally thought that games will be the big talking point of this years E3 event. There are a number of highly ancitipated games we already know of and it won't be any great surprise to see some of those games get some coverage at their specific press conferences. But we could also see a flood load of brand new unannounced titles, for example the new Team ICO PS3 exclusive game might just make it's first true appearance in the form of a full trailer. While there are a number of games yet to be shown or revealed to the gaming world. I would love to finally see some solid proof of Half Life 2: Episode 3, a possible Crackdown 2 or maybe even some new IP's we don't yet know of. The gaming media as been hyping up the potential games that could be announced at E3, and it seems Sony could be the biggest deliverers of unannounced games. 

I'm excited to see what Team ICO's new game is all about.
I'm eagerly anticipating The Beatles: Rock Band, and the previously mentioned new Metal Gear game. I'd be interested to see the Xbox 360 version of Metal Gear Solid 4 if the general talk is to be believed and of course we have God of War 3,
Mass Effect 2, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and so many more to discuss in detail these coming months. Unlike last year, where the actual announcement of new games was pretty low. There are a whole bunch of titles we already expect to be announced, from a new Mario game to Forza Motorsport 3 for Xbox 360. Heavy Rain will no doubt cause some debate (is it actually a game?) and who knows what Nintendo have in store for the DS and DSi. We should also get our first details on potential new PSP titles in preparation for the PSP Go! Whatever will happen, we are in store for one hell of a ride.

FINAL THOUGHTS!
I think those final predictions will do for now, it's an already large enough article as it is. The Microsoft press conference is only hours away (starts at 10:25 am PST, that's 6:25 pm tonight for us British folk), who knows what we'll find at that show. Though I already suspect it will have something to do with a camera or Metal Gear Solid 4. But for now, I wish everyone a great E3 and really appreciate anyone who takes the time to read my blogs. You can follow me on Twitter if you wish by simply clicking on the name at the bottom, I'll be discussing the event in great detail and will be commenting on what we see at the three large press conferences. Don't forget to check out the other three parts of my E3 preview if your interested in what we might expect from the big three companies at E3.

PART 1: Microsoft.
PART 2: Sony.
PART 3: Nintendo.

Thanks for Reading, 

Joseph Bayliss (TrueEnglishGent)
(Twitter: JosephBayliss)

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MachoFantastico

E3 PREVIEW PART 4: FINAL PREDICTIONS!

We are now technically only hours away from the start of the E3 Expo, so for the final part of my E3 preview. I thought it only best to discuss some of the predictions I have for this special videogame spectacle. Now every gamer as hopes and expectations for an event such as this, and I for one like to keep things realistic. Some of the much speculated rumours entering into E3 have already been answered, we have seen the leaked footage of Sony's new PSP Go! not to mention the many games that have already been revealed even before the actual event as even kicked off. So I wanted to focus more on a general view on what I think we'll actually be seeing rather then go insane and predict things that don't have a realistic chance of actually being true. 

ANOTHER CAMERA FOR THE 360 ANYONE?

A second camera for the Xbox 360 as been rumoured for a good few months now, there already seems to be some proof that one could be in the works. Afterall, Microsoft did buy motion-sensing company 3DV sometime back. While a new motion sensing camera wouldn't blow the minds of the core Xbox 360 crowd, it seems like a reasonable risk to take on the part of Microsoft. While this new camera could be unveiled whenever Microsoft felt it was the right time, E3 2009 seems like an almost perfect place to show the world what it will offer gamers and developers alike. It will be rather interesting to see how the hardcore Xbox 360 fanbase feels about this new camera, especially considering the attitudes shown towards Microsoft's most recent camera showcase in 'You're in the Movies' which was of course demonstrated at last years E3.

Will we actually see this new motion sensing camera at Microsoft's press conference? Well I'd predict a simple yes. There seems to be enough proof and backbone to this story that I wouldn't be shocked if Microsoft eventually showed off the new camera to the media and of course us gamers. How the gamers and the media respond to this new piece of hardware, is a total different matter. For me personally, I can't move away from the sense that this is just another EyeToy. But I would love to be proven wrong. Will we see Sony unveil motion-sensing hardware at this years event? Well considering the recently leaked PSP Go! I'm rather confident in saying no.

NEW HARDWARE FOR THE NINTENDO WII?
This prediction is a rather obvious one to be honest, while we already know that Wii Motion Plus will be making an appearance at the show. I'd also bet on seeing some other new piece of equipment for Nintendo Wii owners to purchase in the coming months. While I'm not a big fan of Nintendo's attitude towards peripherals, it makes perfect sense for them to keep developing more considering how well past hardware as done for the Japanese company. While it would be nice to eventually see an all in one Wii Motion Controller with Wii Motion Plus built in, I'm indeed confident we won't see such a thing at this years event. To be totally honest with you dear reader, I have no idea what Nintendo could have up their sleeves and neither to most of the gaming media. They are a very unpredictable company, who can always surprise in the wierdest of ways. But I would expect some sort of new hardware to make an appearance at the Nintendo E3 press conference.

METAL GEAR 'NEXT'!
I've already discussed this in some detail in a past blog, but I felt it was worthy of another quick mention. Without a doubt, a new Metal Gear game could potentially be one of the biggest pieces of news to appear out of E3 and Metal Gear fans have been debating what this new Kojima Productions game could be for a while now. There is of course every chance that this new title, could simply be an Substance version of Metal Gear Solid 4. It's a common trend for the Metal Gear Solid games to unveil a

special edition some months after the actual release of the original game, so that is of course possible. But I sense that from the recent interview with Mr Hideo Kojima himself and the sense of talk surrounding the game, that this is more then just Metal Gear Solid 4 plus. 

There seems to be a belief that Microsoft will announce Metal Gear Solid 4 at some point within their press conference. That wouldn't surprise me, though I'd be rather interested to see how it both looked and how they would change key parts of the dialogue which directly attacked the Xbox 360. But I honestly believe that this new Metal Gear game will indeed be Metal Gear 5, while we might not officially see it until the Sony or Konami press conferences. What this new Metal Gear game will be, as yet to be known. There are many theories going around, but it's now being generally accepted that the two figures seen on the teaser site aren't who we believe they are. That cyborg ninja is not Raiden, and that Big Boss lookalike is indeed not Big Boss. One thing can be for sure though, out of the whole of E3. It's this new Metal Gear game that as me excited the most of any other potential unveiling that we already know of. 

DOWNLOADABLE GAMES GOOD SIR!
One area of gaming which as continued to see great improvement over the recent years, as come in the form of the downloadable game. Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and the Nintendo Wii have all embraced this new form of digital distribution. Creating in the process an almost retro return to videogaming. Never was it truly possible for games such as Flower or Braid to suceed in the days of old, but nowadays we can't get enough of these digital forms of entertainment. There is every chance that at this years E3, downloadable games will yet again become a key talking point for gamers and the gaming media. Large videogame companies such as Microsoft and Sony could discuss in detail their plans for downloadable games at some point in their press conferences. Microsoft in particular I sense, could push their downloadable games platform to a great degree and hopefully we'll see some top games announced for us all to get excited about.

DS'i WANT SOME MORE GAMES PLEASE NINTENDO!
While it's not been the talk of the gaming media, I totally believe that we'll see some sort of DSi push from Nintendo. The latest incarnation of Nintendo's popular portable console, as had a slow start out of the gate. Owners are desperate to see some quality titles get announced, not to mention the need for a proper backbone in the form of WiiWare. DSi needs something big, could the rumour of classic Nintendo platform titles eventually making their way to the DSI be true? It seems possible and would be an open opportunity for Nintendo to make even more money. At this point in time I see no reason to purchase a Nintendo DSi, but I'm honestly hoping that come the end of the week, I'll be discussing plans to purchase one. Will that happen? Have to wait and see. But expect a push from Nintendo at some point this week. 

GAMES, GAMES AND A FEW MORE GAMES!
Despite the announcement of new pieces of hardware that will eventually hit the market in the coming months, it's still generally thought that games will be the big talking point of this years E3 event. There are a number of highly ancitipated games we already know of and it won't be any great surprise to see some of those games get some coverage at their specific press conferences. But we could also see a flood load of brand new unannounced titles, for example the new Team ICO PS3 exclusive game might just make it's first true appearance in the form of a full trailer. While there are a number of games yet to be shown or revealed to the gaming world. I would love to finally see some solid proof of Half Life 2: Episode 3, a possible Crackdown 2 or maybe even some new IP's we don't yet know of. The gaming media as been hyping up the potential games that could be announced at E3, and it seems Sony could be the biggest deliverers of unannounced games. 

I'm eagerly anticipating The Beatles: Rock Band, and the previously mentioned new Metal Gear game. I'd be interested to see the Xbox 360 version of Metal Gear Solid 4 if the general talk is to be believed and of course we have God of War 3,
Mass Effect 2, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and so many more to discuss in detail these coming months. Unlike last year, where the actual announcement of new games was pretty low. There are a whole bunch of titles we already expect to be announced, from a new Mario game to Forza Motorsport 3 for Xbox 360. Heavy Rain will no doubt cause some debate (is it actually a game?) and who knows what Nintendo have in store for the DS and DSi. We should also get our first details on potential new PSP titles in preparation for the PSP Go! Whatever will happen, we are in store for one hell of a ride.

FINAL THOUGHTS!
I think those final predictions will do for now, it's an already large enough article as it is. The Microsoft press conference is only hours away (starts at 10:25 am PST, that's 6:25 pm tonight for us British folk), who knows what we'll find at that show. Though I already suspect it will have something to do with a camera or Metal Gear Solid 4. But for now, I wish everyone a great E3 and really appreciate anyone who takes the time to read my blogs. You can follow me on Twitter if you wish by simply clicking on the name at the bottom, I'll be discussing the event in great detail and will be commenting on what we see at the three large press conferences. Don't forget to check out the other three parts of my E3 preview if your interested in what we might expect from the big three companies at E3.

PART 1: Microsoft.
PART 2: Sony.
PART 3: Nintendo.

Thanks for Reading, 

Joseph Bayliss (TrueEnglishGent)
(Twitter: JosephBayliss)