EA needs to realize I don't like them.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Doctorchimp

Their whole thing where I need to sign up with them on their servers (I thought my LIVE and PSN was enough) has pretty much locked me out on the Battlefield Bad Company 2 demo, it keeps trying to connect and fails.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Don't play EA games then if you don't like their services.  Plain and simple.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ArchScabby
@JJOR64 said:
" Don't play EA games then if you don't like their services.  Plain and simple. "
It doesn't work, he can't connect, which is why he can't play.  I had the same problem last year with Skate 2.  I wanted to upload some videos and pics but couldn't because I couldn't connect to the EA servers.  Then later that year I couldn't play battlefield 1943 for like a month because I couldn't connect to the servers.
It seems to just randomly happen, and there is no way to fix it.
stair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By stair

Maybe they actually do realise that you don't like them, and it hurt their servers' feelings.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Ineedaname

I think you maybe have one of the best thread titles I've read in recent weeks.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By LiquidSwords

"You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake  "
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JJOR64
@ArchScabby said:
" @JJOR64 said:
" Don't play EA games then if you don't like their services.  Plain and simple. "
It doesn't work, he can't connect, which is why he can't play.  I had the same problem last year with Skate 2.  I wanted to upload some videos and pics but couldn't because I couldn't connect to the EA servers.  Then later that year I couldn't play battlefield 1943 for like a month because I couldn't connect to the servers. It seems to just randomly happen, and there is no way to fix it. "
Hmm....  That's strange.  I did have problems connecting to BF 1943 when it first came out because their servers weren't good enough to hold all the people playing it at once.  It would be nice if EA didn't do there stupid sign up shit so we can play their games online with no issues whatsoever.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SeriouslyNow

They should do it in such a way as it's transparent to the end user.  PC players having to sign up to EA.com I can kind of understand, but PS3 users?  That's just counterproductive to whole idea of the convenience of console gaming.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By danielkempster

I hate to break it to you, bro... But EA don't actually care.

fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By fuzzyponken
@JJOR64 said:

Wow, that's a shitty answer. Never demand improvement out of anyone or anything, just avoid everything you don't like. 
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Doctorchimp

I gave up on trying to play the demo with a friend of mine so I just hopped on the PC beta, he had problems with it too but it finally worked and then I went back on it 20 min. later and it worked perfect...

Weird as as all hell, EA really doesn't need to make people jump through hoops on consoles ever.

Anarchist4Eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Anarchist4Eva

EA has bigger problems than just a few hurt feelings about how they run their online games.  But I do agree they need to get rid of this silly registration process that exists above XNL or PSN.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I know I'm in the minority here, but I've never had any issues with EA's online services. Dragon Age took like 5 minutes to sign up for, Mass Effect 2 recognised me instantly, and whenever I've played FIFA online it's worked just fine.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Jimbo

Playing EA games -especially on PC- is becoming a bit of a farce, with all the keys and accounts and downloading you need to juggle before you even start.  I appreciate what they're trying to do but they could at least streamline the process a bit.  It's the modern equivalent of needing to manually configure your sound card every time you install something - but without the charm.

Tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tomarlyn

I've never had to do that in Bad Company 2
handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By handlas

I thought this was gonna be a stupid thread until I read your post.  I agree, signing up for EA shit to play a game that they can easily just release stuff on PSN or LIVE is annoying.  Like signing up for the Cerberus Network for Mass Effect 2...annoying.  If I remember correctly, you needed an EA account to do it.  Pretty sure Fight Night Round 4 had some crap where you had to have an EA account as well.

Sux that EA puts out good games tho.  Otherwise I wouldn't deal with them.  Still it isn't as bad as Metal Gear Onilne's clusterfuck of signing in to play.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By iam3green

they do that so if u get banned on something then u are going to get baned on every game. i know what u mean it is something stupid that EA does. i kind of try and not buy EA games as they are cash whores.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AgentofChaos
@creamypies: You sir, are far in the minority of people who have yet to have EA issues. I am also one of them.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JJOR64
@iam3green said:
" they do that so if u get banned on something then u are going to get baned on every game. i know what u mean it is something stupid that EA does. i kind of try and not buy EA games as they are cash whores. "
Agreed.  I don't care about anything else they make besides Burnout, BF, and Dead Space.
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#20  Edited By KowalskiManDown
@AgentofChaos said:
" @creamypies: You sir, are far in the minority of people who have yet to have EA issues. I am also one of them. "
Touché!
Tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tomarlyn
@JJOR64 said:
" @iam3green said:
" they do that so if u get banned on something then u are going to get baned on every game. i know what u mean it is something stupid that EA does. i kind of try and not buy EA games as they are cash whores. "
Agreed.  I don't care about anything else they make besides Burnout, BF, and Dead Space. "

No Mirrors edge love? 
Not a sports fan? 
Didn't enjoy Medal Of Honour? 
Mass Effect? (they're the money factory for Bioware)
Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By Trilogy

Oh so evil!

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@Doctorchimp said:
" Their whole thing where I need to sign up with them on their servers (I thought my LIVE and PSN was enough) has pretty much locked me out on the Battlefield Bad Company 2 demo, it keeps trying to connect and fails. "
Well I'm sorry you got all butthurt over it.

Anyhow, I heard EA stock took a nose dive yesterday.  I figured as much would happen.  No game company can get that large & stick around like Mr. Softy or Sorny.  The games business doesn't work that way.
Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lowbrow

Anyeone have any idea what username and password you need to put in?? 

Is it an EA / Dice login, or is it just your 360 password?

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everybodys EA hate needs to be redirected into Bobby Kotick's stupid face

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Brunchies

I've never had that much of a problem with their sign up thing except for mass effect 2.

Moridin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By Moridin

I haven't had any problems. 

Sure, it's all convoluted and really unnecessary, but a lot of the Dragon Age and ME2 problems stem from people not linking their gamertags and PSN names correctly to their EA accounts.

I bolded those words to protect me from the flames. I AGREE with you that it's stupid. Haha.