Earphone Noise Question

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been using a pair of beats studio wireless (from when they were still made by Monster) and they're about due for replacement. I'm considering getting either the Powerbeats2 or 3 or the BeatsX (if they ever come out). I'm a little worried about cable noise though. I had a pair of earphones from LG that I had to return because every time i moved i could hear the noise of the cord against my clothes come though the headphones.

Is this a common issue with in-ear headphones?

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I guess in terms of the cable itself a braided cable should eliminate that but idk if you can get those with Beats.

alphasquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skullpanda1: That's been a pretty normal issue on every pair of earbuds I've ever used. One solution is to run the cable under your shirt, or if you have wireless earbuds sometimes they come with cable shorteners that keep the cable from bouncing around.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanadu said:

I guess in terms of the cable itself a braided cable should eliminate that but idk if you can get those with Beats.

With my current headphones I can plug in a standard male to male 3.5mm jack

@skullpanda1: That's been a pretty normal issue on every pair of earbuds I've ever used. One solution is to run the cable under your shirt, or if you have wireless earbuds sometimes they come with cable shorteners that keep the cable from bouncing around.

At work I don't really have the ability to do the first, but I'll check out what the second option looks like for those. Though it looks like I'm probably just going to have to get another pair of wireless headphones to avoid this issue entirely.