EB Games screwed me over.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By eric_buck

Hey guys, just another reason why I hate EB games. I bought a copy of MW2 a couple months back, and when the map pack came out I went to buy that. Turns out, EB games sold me a region free copy of the US version of the game. This means that I can't download Australian DLC for the game (ergo I can't download the map pack). Tomorrow I'm going there and demanding another copy. We'll see what happens.

JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By JustinSane311

I'm confused did you buy the game in Australia or in the states? Other then that good luck getting a new game.

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By eric_buck
@JustinSane311: I bought it in Australia. 
JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JustinSane311
@Eric_Buck: Well that sucks and is a total inconvenience,. I don't expect them to give you much of a hassle since they messed up .  Good luck and enjoy the map packs!
Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Joshakazam

Aw man, that sucks, and i know because i have been screwed by EB before. They sold me an Xbox 360 and it RROD'd straight out of the box.

Gametraders FTW!

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ArchScabby
@lilman1101 said:
" Aw man, that sucks, and i know because i have been screwed by EB before. They sold me an Xbox 360 and it RROD'd straight out of the box.  Gametraders FTW! "
One of my friends had a broken 360 so he bought a new one from Gamestop, opened the box took out the new 360 and put his broken one in it, then took it back to Gamestop saying that they sold him a broken 360 so they gave him another one.  He got a free 360. 

They're all idiots I swear.   I mean couldn't they check the serial number or something?  It was probably you who bought his Xbox lol.
Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Joshakazam
@ArchScabby said:
" @lilman1101 said:
" Aw man, that sucks, and i know because i have been screwed by EB before. They sold me an Xbox 360 and it RROD'd straight out of the box.  Gametraders FTW! "
One of my friends had a broken 360 so he bought a new one from Gamestop, opened the box took out the new 360 and put his broken one in it, then took it back to Gamestop saying that they sold him a broken 360 so they gave him another one.  He got a free 360.   They're all idiots I swear.   I mean couldn't they check the serial number or something?  It was probably you who bought his Xbox lol. "
I am so jealous of your friend XD.
ClaritySam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By ClaritySam
@Eric_Buck: From everything I hear about Australia its not a good place to be a gamer!
Avatar image for psyborg0815--DEFUNCT
psyborg0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By psyborg0815

Couldn't you just make a US account and download the DLC that way? Would be a good solution, if you didn't already pay the 15 bucks for the australian dlc.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By mike

I heard the Australian government is banning all DLC next. 

Just kidding.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zero_
@Eric_Buck said:
" Hey guys, just another reason why I hate EB games. I bought a copy of MW2 a couple months back, and when the map pack came out I went to buy that. Turns out, EB games sold me a region free copy of the US version of the game. This means that I can't download Australian DLC for the game (ergo I can't download the map pack). Tomorrow I'm going there and demanding another copy. We'll see what happens. "
That's interesting - what platform did you get it on? 
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AlwaysAngry

They're doing you a favor.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Cramsy

Yeah, I work at a GAME shop and some guy tried to trade in a region free game and our system wouldn't accept it, told him to go get his money back.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tiwi
@Zero_ said:

" @Eric_Buck said:

" Hey guys, just another reason why I hate EB games. I bought a copy of MW2 a couple months back, and when the map pack came out I went to buy that. Turns out, EB games sold me a region free copy of the US version of the game. This means that I can't download Australian DLC for the game (ergo I can't download the map pack). Tomorrow I'm going there and demanding another copy. We'll see what happens. "
That's interesting - what platform did you get it on?  "
wow.... just wow.... 
(not to be a douche, but think for a moment before posting)
Banksy122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Banksy122
@ClaritySam said:
" @Eric_Buck: From everything I hear about Australia its not a good place to be a gamer! "
What you hear is right. Steam is our only salvation, which is being threatened now by producers making them raise prices their prices.
zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zero_
@tiwi: What's your problem? I asked because if he has the PS3 version he can just make a NA PSN account and download it and I don't know how the PC version works with regional DLC.
fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By fwylo

EB sucks.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tiwi
@Zero_ said:
" @tiwi: What's your problem? I asked because if he has the PS3 version he can just make a NA PSN account and download it and I don't know how the PC version works with regional DLC. "
i made the notation because ps3 games a region free, and as such you can install any DLC regardless of the region you bought it in. 
And the PC has no regions at all.

no need to get angry :-P if you didn't know it, you didn't know it.
FrankTheGank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FrankTheGank

Modern Warfare 2 is a bugged multiplayer experience anyways. Plus $15 for maps? Screw that.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By zero_
@tiwi said:
" @Zero_ said:
" @tiwi: What's your problem? I asked because if he has the PS3 version he can just make a NA PSN account and download it and I don't know how the PC version works with regional DLC. "
i made the notation because ps3 games a region free, and as such you can install any DLC regardless of the region you bought it in.  And the PC has no regions at all.  no need to get angry :-P if you didn't know it, you didn't know it. "
No need to respond with the douchey reply then.

And unfortunately, that's not correct. Just because PS3 games are region free, each region's game has a specific game code (that SLES/BLES numbering) that will only support additional content for that specific version. IE: You can't import an US save and have it work for the PAL version of a game, and similarly you can't just go and download the MW2 DLC just by hopping on the PSN if the region of your game is different to your default PSN Account region. 

If you didn't know, you didn't know :P
foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By foggel

@Zero_:
Does this vary from game to game? Because I have a region free copy of Mass Effect in NTSC-J, and I used my PAL saves on the disc as well as downloaded the DLCs for it.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tiwi
@Zero_ said:
" @tiwi said:
" @Zero_ said:
i made the notation because ps3 games a region free, and as such you can install any DLC regardless of the region you bought it in.  And the PC has no regions at all.  no need to get angry :-P if you didn't know it, you didn't know it. "
No need to respond with the douchey reply then. And unfortunately, that's not correct. Just because PS3 games are region free, each region's game has a specific game code (that SLES/BLES numbering) that will only support additional content for that specific version. IE: You can't import an US save and have it work for the PAL version of a game, and similarly you can't just go and download the MW2 DLC just by hopping on the PSN if the region of your game is different to your default PSN Account region.  If you didn't know, you didn't know :P "
err-.- this has to vary from game to game. Because I have an American RockBand copy, and an European copy of RB2 , still it's possible for me to play the DLC for RB2
habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By habster3

Another one of these EB Games/Gamestop rant threads?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By LiquidPrince
@MB:  And so, the Australian gamers revolted and war broke loose.
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By c1337us
@Eric_Buck said:
" @JustinSane311: I bought it in Australia.  "
I can't think of there policy for brand new games but they always have had a 2 week no questions asked return policy on pre-owned stuff. I am pretty sure as long as you didn't buy PC you should be Ok. 
eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By eric_buck
@psyborg0815: I haven't payed anything yet. Do you think that would work? If i downloaded it onto an American account would I still be able to play the DLC on my other Aus account?
harrypmgaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By harrypmgaga
@Zero_ said:
" @tiwi said:
" @Zero_ said:
No need to respond with the douchey reply then. And unfortunately, that's not correct. Just because PS3 games are region free, each region's game has a specific game code (that SLES/BLES numbering) that will only support additional content for that specific version. IE: You can't import an US save and have it work for the PAL version of a game, and similarly you can't just go and download the MW2 DLC just by hopping on the PSN if the region of your game is different to your default PSN Account region.  If you didn't know, you didn't know :P "
I think he was also referring to the fact that the PS3 doesn't yet have the new Map Pack which I'm assuming the OP is talking about. I think the Stimulus Package is on PSN now.
Avatar image for psyborg0815--DEFUNCT
psyborg0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By psyborg0815
@Eric_Buck:
The DLC works for all accounts on the console it has been purchased on. 
I used this method to download some DLC for UK Versions of games with an UK account and I could play it on my german account. 

Edit: This is all for Xbox360 ... :/
Draculoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got screwed by EB too, I ordered a used copy of NCAA Football 14 off their website and they shipped me an empty case. Since this only happened to me a couple hours ago, I'm still waiting for their reply.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#30 FinalDasa  Moderator

Don't necro 4 year old threads.