EPIC BATTLE! Have you ever had one?

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Edited By dbz1995

Ever played a game where you just felt 'OH MY GOD! THIS SHOULD BE A FUCKING MOVIE!' during a specific match? This glorious moment just happened to me today. 

It was me and a group a 5 other friends in Call of Duty: World at War, Domination (where you have to keep 3 flags occupied as long as you can-like Zones in Timesplitters: Future Perfect). My friends all wanted to just level up, so they told the opposing six not to shoot. So, when we went to our first Flag, five of us (so excluding me) went to take the first flag, so that the opponent would take the flag next, and we would continue, racking up loads of points. Suddenly, the enemy attacked.
 3 of my team mates all fell down at once. Killed by a grenade, shrapnel hitting their faces, their legs torn apart by the sheer force. We were about to fight back when our leader shouted 'NO! We mustn't fight!' Oscar Romero-style. We listened, although another friend, called Chris, muttered 'Bullshit.' and I sent him a message. 'Get ready'.
 Our leader, Callum, was killed as well, and the instant that happened, we attacked. Whilst me and Chris tore through the opponents, Callum and our team sniper-named sosolid (never met him in person and don't know his name-although he seems a right jackass and is your typical sniper)-went to another flag to grab it. Suddenly, a bullet went through my head, and whilst me and Chris had both obtained Recon Planes, we were losing-they had taken the other two flags. The other two friends left, probably because Callum wanted to be all pacifist in a Call of Duty game for reasons unknown. 
 The fight continued. Me and Chris had now split up-I went to get C (another flag) whilst he stayed to camp in a house with his Gewehr. However much I tried, however, I could not get there. There was a sniper inside another house who picked me off every time I went near.
 In a desperate struggle, I ran like a madman. The sniper hit me once, and my vision was blurry. As I came ever closer to the Valley of Death, Callum shot the Sniper. Headshot. The sniper crumbled to the ground, and me and Callum went and got C.
 Whilst in C, I was flashbanged. I saw nothing. It was silent bar the deafening ring in my ears. When my vision had been cleared, Callum was killed. I was lying down near Callum behind a chair-maybe they would not realise that I was here, I thought. I thought wrong.
 The final stretch of the game. We were ahead in score, but they had dogs and were attacking us. 2 men came along, and whilst I gunned down one with my Type 100, the other man shot me down onto Last Chance. Me and my Tokarev stood between winning and losing. The sniper had returned onto the window, and the man shooting me had run away for cover. I saw Chris running into the area through the house that the sniper was on top of-however, they had a Recon Plane and were going to kill him as soon as he popped his head out. I shot.
  The bullet hit the sniper. However, he did not die and shot me. However,Chris saw the bullet hitting me and ran up the stairs to kill the sniper. He then shot the man in cover, and we had C in control once again. With that contribution, we won.

Whilst some of these heroic deeds may have been slightly exaggerated, it still seemed epic. Have you guys ever had any epic fights?

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By dbz1995

Ever played a game where you just felt 'OH MY GOD! THIS SHOULD BE A FUCKING MOVIE!' during a specific match? This glorious moment just happened to me today. 

It was me and a group a 5 other friends in Call of Duty: World at War, Domination (where you have to keep 3 flags occupied as long as you can-like Zones in Timesplitters: Future Perfect). My friends all wanted to just level up, so they told the opposing six not to shoot. So, when we went to our first Flag, five of us (so excluding me) went to take the first flag, so that the opponent would take the flag next, and we would continue, racking up loads of points. Suddenly, the enemy attacked.
 3 of my team mates all fell down at once. Killed by a grenade, shrapnel hitting their faces, their legs torn apart by the sheer force. We were about to fight back when our leader shouted 'NO! We mustn't fight!' Oscar Romero-style. We listened, although another friend, called Chris, muttered 'Bullshit.' and I sent him a message. 'Get ready'.
 Our leader, Callum, was killed as well, and the instant that happened, we attacked. Whilst me and Chris tore through the opponents, Callum and our team sniper-named sosolid (never met him in person and don't know his name-although he seems a right jackass and is your typical sniper)-went to another flag to grab it. Suddenly, a bullet went through my head, and whilst me and Chris had both obtained Recon Planes, we were losing-they had taken the other two flags. The other two friends left, probably because Callum wanted to be all pacifist in a Call of Duty game for reasons unknown. 
 The fight continued. Me and Chris had now split up-I went to get C (another flag) whilst he stayed to camp in a house with his Gewehr. However much I tried, however, I could not get there. There was a sniper inside another house who picked me off every time I went near.
 In a desperate struggle, I ran like a madman. The sniper hit me once, and my vision was blurry. As I came ever closer to the Valley of Death, Callum shot the Sniper. Headshot. The sniper crumbled to the ground, and me and Callum went and got C.
 Whilst in C, I was flashbanged. I saw nothing. It was silent bar the deafening ring in my ears. When my vision had been cleared, Callum was killed. I was lying down near Callum behind a chair-maybe they would not realise that I was here, I thought. I thought wrong.
 The final stretch of the game. We were ahead in score, but they had dogs and were attacking us. 2 men came along, and whilst I gunned down one with my Type 100, the other man shot me down onto Last Chance. Me and my Tokarev stood between winning and losing. The sniper had returned onto the window, and the man shooting me had run away for cover. I saw Chris running into the area through the house that the sniper was on top of-however, they had a Recon Plane and were going to kill him as soon as he popped his head out. I shot.
  The bullet hit the sniper. However, he did not die and shot me. However,Chris saw the bullet hitting me and ran up the stairs to kill the sniper. He then shot the man in cover, and we had C in control once again. With that contribution, we won.

Whilst some of these heroic deeds may have been slightly exaggerated, it still seemed epic. Have you guys ever had any epic fights?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I once took a dump so epic, I blacked out and fell off the toilet and onto the floor. I didn't miss the bowl though

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dbz1995
@TeflonBilly said:
" I once took a dump so epic, I blacked out and fell off the toilet and onto the floor. I didn't miss the bowl though "
That sounds...painful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbz1995 said:
" @TeflonBilly said:
" I once took a dump so epic, I blacked out and fell off the toilet and onto the floor. I didn't miss the bowl though "
That sounds...painful. "
They based Transformers 2 on it.

SINCE IT WAS PAINFUL AND SHIT! GET IT!?!? OLOLOLOL!!11
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By artofwar420

OH, I thought you meant in real life...  

Once I fought with this dude that was probably taking bull shark testosterone, but not long enough to be physically affected by it, only mentally. Let's call him Brucie. So here I am, sitting in my chair trying not pay attention to class when he starts talking shit. After class he said we should fight because that's what men do. So I told myself, might as well fight someone now, I don't wanna die without having fought someone.  

We went at it, in the bathroom, he was just enraged for some sharky reason, dude just punched with all his strength, he almost broke my nose, we started to get bloody knuckles from hitting the wall by accident. You know the feeling of wanting to kill a man? Yeah, I could see it in his eyes, but I also knew it was overcoming me. He was starting to wear me down, when I got him in the stomach. That's when the fight ended, strangely he hugged me and said we should be best friends and got all emotional... now that I think about it, this wasn't really epic, more fucking weird than epic. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you kiss?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, your story reminds me of this from 5:00 and onwards

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By turbomonkey138
@TeflonBilly said:
" Did you kiss? "
trolling this thread a little bit today are we ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first post was a true story. I'm not kidding.
My second post wasn't any less true, Transformers 2 was the drizzling shit appealing to the lowest common denominator and being an insulting intellectual black hole.
The kiss post actually segued pretty sweetly into the Broken Pixels post.

If I were trolling I'd be a lot more sly about it junior

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Pie

Yes but its late.....but Epic....

The game: Free mode in GTA lV
I joined a game and as usual it was just full of people shooting each other for no reason so I grabbed a car and hauled ass to the airport to grab me a helicopter so I could try single out the ones who didnt wish to fight and extract them.
I hovered above the warzone for a bit when someone shouted that he needed a lift from the guy in the helicopter so like a gentleman I touch down and wait for the guy to get in, big mistake. The guy shoots me out of the pilot seat and steals the heli, bigger mistake. I was just gonna let it go until I heard him laugh at me so I decide to take revenge.
I went back to the airport and got into another heli without lifting off, I was waiting for the moment to strike.
Some of his friends suddenly chimed in and said that they should go over to the mansion with the sick ass car, I knew this was my moment.
Once I saw the the guys (LLLLuke was his name) dot on the map be at my level I started up my heli and flew over to them as fast as I could and managed to smack into the side of their heli as it was lifting of sendng them spiralling into the side of a building killing them all and me in the process. We all spawned near each other and so these four guys started killing me over and over again.
After a while they all got into a car and went off somewhere so I followed in hot pursuit armed with an smg. They oubviously werent expecting me to follow them so I managed to slam into the back of their heavier four door car with my fast sports car making them  crash into the corner of a building letting me unload my SMG into their car blowing it up.
LLLLuke exclaimed "Argh, he wont give up so  we might aswell leave", like that would work.

They left the game so I went onto my recent players list and joined there game.
I cant remember the details of this match but I know it lasted for 3 hours and involved a helicopter extraction in the middle of times square where LLLLLuke's friends tryed to pick him up to escape from my wrath only to be blown up by a well placed RPG shot as they were cheering. Them barricading themselves in a clothes shop where luke postioned himself at the back at the shop for bait whilst his two friends stayed either side of the doorway to try mow me down whenever I tryed take a shot at LLLLuke however what they did not plan for is me doing a handbrake turn into the shop running over and crushing LLLLLuke and then dropping a grenade killing his henchmen (the funniset moment in gaming for a while). Them barricading them selves inside that lawyer building you visit in the game where I tricked them into coming outside by hiding in the subway and them blasting them with a shotgun. An epic car chase where me and LLLLLuke were on the ground and his henchmen in two attack helicopters, the two attack helicopters planned to trap me by touching down in front and behind me blocking off any escape routes. What they didnt plan for was me hitting the front helicopter at full speed sending it onto its side slicing into LLLLLukes car sending it flying at the side of the building breaking his tryes making him immobile allowing me to move in for the kill.
More stuff happened but it was a while back so details are a little fuzzy but I do remember the next day I joined a LLLLukes call of duty game and annoyed him by doing stuff like moving in front of him whenever he tryed to snipe and stuff like that.
Lesson of the story? Dont piss of pie in GTA 4. Even to this day I still join his games from time to time (I added him as a friend and he accepted, god knows why) and piss him off

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Black_Raven

A good game of SupCom is pretty fucking epic, or sins of a solar empire.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead

Gears of War 2. Horde. Insane difficulty. 5 man team. 4 bodies. 1 survivor. Me. Sniper rifle. Outnumbered. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Click. Click. No bullets. 1 enemy. Shotgun. Rambo time. Nothing but bits.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By turbomonkey138
@TeflonBilly said:
" My first post was a true story. I'm not kidding. My second post wasn't any less true, Transformers 2 was the drizzling shit appealing to the lowest common denominator and being an insulting intellectual black hole. The kiss post actually segued pretty sweetly into the Broken Pixels post.  If I were trolling I'd be a lot more sly about it junior "
Oh sorry then you were just being a wanker . My bad i get the two confused
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Xeiphyer

I once got in a fight with a dude going down 45 stories in a glass elevator downtown, I bet that looked pretty fucking epic to anyone watching. I can't think of anything in a game thats 'epic' currently.

nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By nrain

Halo 3 multi-flag on Valhala brings epic games 25% of the time.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#16  Edited By citizenkane

Moving this to General Discussion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turbomonkey138: Oooooh, watch out. This kitten's got claws. Rawr.

You know, I bet there's some pretty amazing Eve online stories.
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By PureRok

Basically every Russian segment from any part of the first two Call of Duty games. Crossing the river, rushing Leningrad, blowing up the Nazi HQ, etc. Hell, even the Russian segments toward the end of Call of Duty: World at War got pretty epic.

I would not mind a movie based on the Russian side of the conflict on land, and the final push into Berlin. Something Saving Private Ryan-esque in how it's portrayed.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By turbomonkey138

Back on topic .

I'm going to have to say a recent one was borderlands . We were in the arenas me and 3 other of my mates . It was a constant fight for about 30 mins .