eRepublik - Facebook MMO?

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Geno

I'm terribly uninterested in dime a dozen MMO's that link from google adverts and I think Facebook is a rather big waste of time, so I was quite surprised when I found this and enjoyed it.

It's a browser based, tick-based (e.g. only a certain amount of actions can be performed per day) MMO that is based on the real world. Many of the countries of the world are in it, and many more are being added (it's apparently just out of beta). You can work, you can fight, you can start companies, newspapers and even political parties.

The thing that hooked me in was its Eve Online-esque gameplay. You don't necessarily need high levels to win an election, run a company or even win a war, just prowess.  You also don't have to play for years to attain strong political or economic power, and you can do so by playing 5 minutes a day.

It's less than a year old (after beta) and there are already over 100,000 people playing, with what I estimate to be a thousand more per day. The interface is very clean, and the site runs quite fast. It's free, although there is an option to purchase in game currency (however it is extremely expensive and also unnecessary - you start to gain wealth quite quickly).

I reccomend everyone to at least try it out. I'm a rather critical hardcore gamer but for some reason this hooked me in.

worldalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

eRepublik is a good game. I am developing a similar game WorldAlpha. http://www.worldalpha.com