Fantasy Crossovers

Sprizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sprizmo

It seems like fighting games get all the crossovers. DC vs Mortal Kombat. Marvel vs Capcom, throw in a Smash Bros. medley here and there... but what about mixing it up in the adventure game category? There was what... Kingdom Hearts? Not many other special blends, as it were.

Here's the question, what would be you're ideal cross-franchise game concept? You can be ridiculous, there is no wrong answer. I got a few.

Metroid & Megaman

One is a hot amazon space-warrior, the other is a feisty blue robotic midget. What do they have in common? Arm cannons. Samus usually works alone, but imagine if she had a little pal who could be dispatched as a scout, or sit on her shoulder and cover her six. It wouldn't make much sense, but the resulting relationship could be... well... adorable. Samus never gets the chance to speak much on account of her being solo all the time, but now we can hear her spout terms of endearment to her little buddy. This could very well satisfy her maternal instincts, because by now her biological clock must be ticking like crazy.

Dr. Wily, in an ill advised experiment to alter his dimension, caused a rift that punctures space time, allowing hundreds of creatures called metroids spill through. A commanding entity called Mother Brain develops the hots for Wily who overcomes his initial disgust, and a dangerous alliance is formed. Unfortunately for him, the Great Samus Aran also made it through the rift, and the rest of the story practically writes itself.

Yoshi in Jurassic Park

Yoshi may be a useful companion in the land of mushrooms and bad plumbing, but what happens when he is forced to live among his kind. Velociraptors, T-Rexes, those poisonous spitty ones; Yoshi is gonna need a lot more than his colorful pelt and pleasant demeanor to survive the primal forces rampant in Chrichton's island of resurrected lizards.

Duke Nukem & Kirby

Think of all the one liners that could result from Kirby's ability to suck. That is all.

Laura & Nathan

This one is a no-brainer. Laura Croft and Nathan Drake were clearly meant to make babies, but before they settle down with their hard earned fortunes to raise a family, they are a few ancient artifacts that need procuring. Any old "long lost treasure with a subsequent curse" scenario will do. The rest is pure chemistry and aesthetics.

Resident Evil
: The Frank West Story

Frank West may have a similar issue with inventory micromanagement, but while the likes of Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield are sticking to their guns, Frank pulls a Macgyver on every random cooking utensil and piece of furniture he can get his hands on. He may be a bit put off when he realizes that Zombies are the least of his problems, but his innovation and propensity for changing outfits every five minutes could very well confuse his virus stricken, mutated undead enemies into a vulnerable daze.

I got more of these but I think I'll open the floor...

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

I'm pretty sure that there was a Mega Man/Metroid crossover. In fact, here it is. Also, who the hell calls the protagonist of Tomb Raider "Laura Croft?" That would be like somebody calling Nintendo's mascot "Mary-o." I know that both groups exist, and I hate them both equally.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By crusader8463

Dragon Age and Mass Effect. They have already turned the Dragon Age games into Mass Effect, so why not go all the way with the story? Make ME 3's story turn out that the Reavers are actually Darkspawn, and that the Blight is now spreading on a global scale and the only way to stop it is for Shepard to become a Grey Warden and stop the Blight while fighting off whatever evil plans Flemith has been cooking up for thousands of years.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Dagbiker

Mass Effect & Dragon Age orgy.

You know you want to see the mostly male crew of Mass Effect fuck the shit out of the mostly female crew of Dragon Age 2.
beckley205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By beckley205

Star wars and LOTR yes i said it sauron vs luke Vader vs frodo

Sprizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Sprizmo
@rebgav said:
EA Sports Vs Battlefield 
It might be a bit one-sided but if you're going to the expense of licensing the likeneses of all of those sportards  you could at least let me pay you $60 so that I can shoot them in the face. The sequel could be Nickelodeon Vs Tom Clancy's....
That was hilarious. We are in agreement.
blueaniman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By blueaniman93

Kingdom Hearts vs Super Smash Bros.

That's right. A crossover of crossovers!
Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Moody_yeti
@blueaniman93 said:
Kingdom Hearts vs Super Smash Bros.
That's right. A crossover of crossovers!
Boom!