Final Fantasy VI(III),Secret Of Mana or Chrono Trigger?

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mattysen
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Depends on what you want, which you haven't really told us.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Godwind

What are we comparing exactly?  What to buy?  Which is better?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel

I have no idea what the context of your question is, but I enjoyed all three of those games as a kid.  Heck, I still enjoy them.  Final Fantasy VI has the best plot out of any of them, but Chrono Trigger had the best combat system and in general a more interesting world design.  Secret of Mana sort of lags behind them both, but I spent many an hour cutting down rabites, and its world is just lush with color.

Together, those three games defined my youth and shaped my love of RPGs.  All of them are excellent games.

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By mattysen

Just the game in genral. Its hard to compare because there all comepletly diffrent contexts on the RPG genre. Which is your favroit you know

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Ineedaname
@mattysen: They're not that different, I've never played secrets of mana so I don't know about that, but the other 2 are hardly that different in terms of what they do it's mainly the stories that separate them, if you can't compare a few similar RPGs can you compare anything?

Any way I voted Chrono Trigger.
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By AlexB

Secret of Mana is my favorite game of all time, so my vote goes there. Come on, 3 person multiplayer for an action RPG on THE SNES!!! nough said. That game was so fun and was the precursor to chrono trigger and inspired many great games after it. Also bar none best soundtrack in a video game ever. Listen to the title screen music and tell me you don't get chills. lol

ezekielzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By ezekielzero

My vot goes to chrono trigger, as much as i enjoyed final fantasy 6 it was only through sheer force of will that i finished it unlike chrono trigger where i felt emotionaly attached to the characters. However this might be slightly biassed as iv had a poor history with FF6 save files corrupting