Finishing out the year

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

Edited By mrhankey

Ok so i've been a bit bored lately. I'm 8 levels away from 70 in Cod: MW 2 and really don't plan on doing prestige because I'm kind of bored. On another note I do plan on beating Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II before I have to go back to college (hoping to repeat what I did first semester: straight As while still having a blast). So what does one do to curb boredom? Play mods and buy cheap games on STEAM!.

Mod: Research and Development for HL2
This really is an awesome puzzle game. I would say it doesn't last more than five hours, however it's very clever and fun. It was an intellectual work out, really enjoyed it. It also has some of the best visuals I've seen in a mod. Check it out: 
http://www.moddb.com/mods/research-and-development   

Game: Mirror's Edge (bought when it was $5)
This game is a lot of fun, however it is also frustrating and painful at times. I love the simple color palette and the way the city becomes more of a character than you, the protagonist. With that said the story is sparse and the game unforgiving when you mess up. Either way for $5 it wasn't a bad deal and took me 10 hours to beat.

Isn't it's simplicity grand!
So you all should check them out (only Mirror's Edge if the price is right). There are also some other mods I may try and may update my blog with my impressions. 

*Note i beat Mirror's Edge in 10 Hours, will put a quick review up before i go back to school.
*Also I finished out the year with Dragon Age: Origins, and i'm close to beating it, but not done.
mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mrhankey

Ok so i've been a bit bored lately. I'm 8 levels away from 70 in Cod: MW 2 and really don't plan on doing prestige because I'm kind of bored. On another note I do plan on beating Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II before I have to go back to college (hoping to repeat what I did first semester: straight As while still having a blast). So what does one do to curb boredom? Play mods and buy cheap games on STEAM!.

Mod: Research and Development for HL2
This really is an awesome puzzle game. I would say it doesn't last more than five hours, however it's very clever and fun. It was an intellectual work out, really enjoyed it. It also has some of the best visuals I've seen in a mod. Check it out: 
http://www.moddb.com/mods/research-and-development   

Game: Mirror's Edge (bought when it was $5)
This game is a lot of fun, however it is also frustrating and painful at times. I love the simple color palette and the way the city becomes more of a character than you, the protagonist. With that said the story is sparse and the game unforgiving when you mess up. Either way for $5 it wasn't a bad deal and took me 10 hours to beat.

So you all should check them out (only Mirror's Edge if the price is right). There are also some other mods I may try and may update my blog with my impressions. 

*Note i beat Mirror's Edge in 10 Hours, will put a quick review up before i go back to school.
*Also I finished out the year with Dragon Age: Origins, and i'm close to beating it, but not done.
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By sjschmidt93
@mrhankey said:
Either way for $5 it wasn't a bad deal and took me 10 hours to beat.  
Hmph. I remember hearing it could be beat in the 4-5 range.

Also, I'll definitely try out that mod, looks great.
mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mrhankey
@SJSchmidt93: 

I heard that as well, but my trial and error time was rather hi...most of the time it was because of stupid mistakes