First Giant Bomb Video (+ Video that sold you on Premium)

• 62 results
Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I've been away from the site for a couple of years, and just re-activated my premium subscription. My first Giant Bomb video was probably the 2nd or 3rd Building a Bomb, and I was a day-one-of-beta member of the site and listened to Arrow Pointing Down before it was the Bombcast. I didn't have a specific video that sold me on premium, as I pretty much signed up immediately.

It's really fun to read through this thread and remember some of the great videos of bygone years. How to Build a Bomb is still a landmark event in online video, but I got a massive kick out of seeing someone bring up their SimGolf video - RIP Ryan :( - and from seeing people sharing old Random PC Game videos, especially Daggerfall, which was the first, and was just incredible.

Babysitting Mama is one of the few times that I've seriously been in tears because I was watching something so funny. That, Gal Gun, Will as a penguin, and Dave driving on top of a car while drunk are probably my personal highlights of the Happy Hour era.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think it was one of the early Persona 4 Endurance Run videos? Or rather, the first one. They were some 15-20 videos in and I think I decided to watch the first. I'm not entirely sure though, I may have watched some Quick Look or something before that.

The first Giant Bomb Unplugged, and Load Our Last Souls, were the two series that got me to sub and I've managed to stay subbed ever since.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fairly new here, I discovered this site because Danny O'Dwyer and Mary Kish often mentioned Giant Bomb and Jeff was a guest on The Lobby multiple times. The first video I ever saw was the TMNT Training Lair Quick Look:

After that I started to check the "Best Of" videos @turboman did, got really addicted, and binge watched all of them. That made me start following the site closely and create an account.

Shortly after I discovered Dan and Drew were doing Metal Gear Scanlon and got really curious about it since I love Metal Gear and everyone was praising the video series. During a conversation about it on the subreddit, someone gave me Reddit Gold so I could grab a monthly premium and check if I enjoyed it. Thanks to that I had the opportunity to see how great the premium content was, switched to an yearly membership and never turned it off ever since.

With that said, and to answer OP, the video that sold me on Premium was the first couple of Metal Gear Scanlon episodes:

krummi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Member since 2011 (Lincoln T still in good use) I think? Can't really remember the specific thing that made me start to support GB. Random PC Game is probably the series I cherish most from those days, Dave and Vinny combo is fantastic.

This thread also was a good reminder to renew my subscription, thanks!

Avatar image for synthesis_landale
synthesis_landale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

For me I'm not sure what the first video I saw here was... I got introduced to the site via finding the bombcast while looking for gaming podcasts on iTunes. I remember vividly the video that made me get a sub though, It was the Yakuza 4 Quick Look... I loved their joking around while playing it and the game intrigued me.

Loading Video...

Watching that Quick Look made me so interested in the game I bought it, loved it, and I wanted to support these guys as a way of saying thanks.

Yakuza is the only series of games where I have played and beaten every one. I love it that much and I wouldn't have played it if not for these guys. That's why I was super excited when they announced Beast in the East and hope it continues so it eventually comes full circle to this game again. ^_^

Also, Miss Ryan Davis............

tradee9691

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

METAL GEAR SCANLON and never looked back.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

How to Build a Bomb. And the first premium video was... the first premium video. Don't remember what it was. Unprofessional Friday? Whiskey media Happy Hour? Something, I dunno.

emphulio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

first one I saw

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#59  Edited By winsord

The first video I saw on the site was the Bad Company 2 Beta QL, but the first one that got me into watching the site regularly was the Tournament of Legends QL:

Loading Video...

The first premium video I assume was the first Happy Hour? I subscribed because of the first Big Live Live Show Live!

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No idea what the first video was but I became premium for MetL Gear Scanlon and haven't looked back since then. Funny enough, I just finished MGSV right before they started theirs and I couldn't be bothered with watch Drew struggling with such basic things so I never finished the series. I should probably go back.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Can't say I recall for sure my first video, but it may have been watching TANG. As far as premium, I joined when premium was announced, but Random PC Game I'll just give credit for especially making me feel like I made a great decision.

dwerkmd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first video was the Knack review for PS4. The UPF that was uploaded for free that featured Vinny turning a boat into an airplane in Just Cause 2 multiplayer sold me on premium. Happy subscriber ever since.