For god sake....it's 2008!!!

johndubya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By johndubya

It's amazing really, how far video games have come. Our games consoles aren't just games consoles anymore. We can talk to and play against friends, even if their 1000 miles away. We can use our consoles to help cure cancer and we can experience gaming like never before. getting us closer to realism with each passing year. 

So why o why haven't they come up with an automatic button mapping system. There's nothing bloody worse, playing a game constantly for a few weeks and then deciding to go on to a another game (one thats similar in genre), only to spend the first few hours of the game getting owned because the last game you played used R2 to shoot and this one uses L2!!!

It can't be that hard, some kind of system that stores all of your button prefrences and them applies them to each game you play after that! 

C'mon someone, make it happen!!!!

Dubya out!!
Sylosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sylosis

Are you still using a PS2 in 2008?

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By hazelnutman

Because a lot of games are different in controls?

And what if you went over to a friend's house with his PS3/360/Wii/PC. YOU'D BE SCREWED!

Better question is why we don't have freaking hover-cars and self-tying Nike shoes. I read a book written in 1993 or something and it says that we should have hover-cars by the year 2000 with 100% chance of it happening.

Avatar image for semicolon1twlev2
semicolon1twlev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By semicolon1twlev2
hazelnutman said:
"Better question is why we don't have freaking hover-cars and self-tying Nike shoes. I read a book written in 1993 or something and it says that we should have hover-cars by the year 2000 with 100% chance of it happening.
"
FAIL!
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Vyse_Legends

Eh I like relearning controls.

Hehe GTA IV's new driving controls.:P

johndubya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By johndubya
Sylosis said:
"Are you still using a PS2 in 2008?
"
No, i have a PS3!!
hazelnutman said:
"Because a lot of games are different in controls?

And what if you went over to a friend's house with his PS3/360/Wii/PC. YOU'D BE SCREWED!

Better question is why we don't have freaking hover-cars and self-tying Nike shoes. I read a book written in 1993 or something and it says that we should have hover-cars by the year 2000 with 100% chance of it happening.
"
HoverCars....Cool!! 

A lot of games have very similar controls. Shooters, Racing, Platformers. Most of their controls (not all, but the main ones) are the same. 
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By hazelnutman
dreDREb13 said:
"hazelnutman said:
"Better question is why we don't have freaking hover-cars and self-tying Nike shoes. I read a book written in 1993 or something and it says that we should have hover-cars by the year 2000 with 100% chance of it happening.
"
FAIL!
"
I agree. Fail to the max.
I did have a good laugh though and I also considered phoning the author :P
jlaudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By jlaudio7
johndubya said:
"It's amazing really, how far video games have come. Our games consoles aren't just games consoles anymore. We can talk to and play against friends, even if their 1000 miles away. We can use our consoles to help cure cancer and we can experience gaming like never before. getting us closer to realism with each passing year. 

So why o why haven't they come up with an automatic button mapping system. There's nothing bloody worse, playing a game constantly for a few weeks and then deciding to go on to a another game (one thats similar in genre), only to spend the first few hours of the game getting owned because the last game you played used R2 to shoot and this one uses L2!!!

It can't be that hard, some kind of system that stores all of your button prefrences and them applies them to each game you play after that! 

C'mon someone, make it happen!!!!

Dubya out!!
"
Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the Wii has button mapping. Hopefully its the start of a trend.
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I agree, all games should have it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points