Four Games. Two Computers. One Router.

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

Edited By mrhankey

So this is just an update blog. I'm on my Spring Break, a much needed spring break from the university. And I'd just like to detail some things I've been doing.

Four Games

First! 
I beat S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat. If you are a fan of the series, then be sure to check it out. Or check out my review! 

Second! 
I bought Battlefield Bad Company 2, beat the single player and am loving the multiplayer. A lot more fun tan Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, and it has a lot more depth to the leveling system than Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. So, quick thought, for me it's very unstable. I have no other games that crash like BFBC2. So it needs to be patched, but considering I keep coming back for more, it must be doing something right. Check it out. Or check out my review! 

Third!
I recently received Mass Effect 2 as a gift and while I only played two hours worth, it seems to have been lost in the mundane-ness of the first part of 2010. So, without any wasting of your precious time, I just want to say that based off my two hours, I'd heavily recommend this game for anyone looking for a good space-opera or a more refined Mass Effect.  

Fourth!
About a month ago I bought and beat Bioshock 2. Some may not like the new story and the stretch in logical thinking it takes for that story to align itself with the previous game, but I suggest ignoring everything you know about the first game. Just play and enjoy Bioshock 2, everyone that liked Bioshock should pick it up, or at least borrow it from a friend. If you're not satisfied with that, check out my review! 

*I apologize for my review style, I do quick bullet lists because I know you're just looking for a conclusion and nothing more.

Two Computers

Computer One!
The last of my friends have come over to the pc gaming arena. He's keeping his 360 for games like Fable and Mass Effect (we've yet to convince him that it's better on the pc). Anyways, I built a nice AMD based PC with a radeon HD 5870, and I have to say that AND really impressed me. So my recommendation...unless you're a die hard intel fan, you should build an AMD, AM3, quad core system because they often perform just as well as i7 and are cheaper. 

*Quick Specs: AMD 965 (3.2ghz) Phenom II X4. 4gb of G.Skill DDR3 1600 RAM. Radeon HD 5870.

Computer Two!
My Computer is a different story. I had mounted my heatsink/fan combo in the wrong direction so the cooling was horrid, idle at 45 and load at around 90. So I went about bought some cheap "Thermal Pads" made by Starforce or Startech, anyways, they sucked. Not only were they too thin and not doing the job, my idle actually went up to 55 and topped at around 80. Now, I know what you're thinking, your load went down by 10. Yes it did, however thats only because the actual heatsink/fan was blowing air the correct direction. So, I went out and bought some Cooler Master Thermal paste to go with my Cooler Master Hyper N520 cooler, and now i idle at 35 and top out at around 50. Hows that! 

*Quick Specs: Core i7 920, 2.6ghz.. 6gb of OCZ DDR3 1600 RAM. Radeon HD 4870. 

One Router

Ok, so I have a five year old router. The D-Link DGL 4300 (Gamer Lounge). Recently I haven't been able to connect to the internet through it. So i'm getting ready to  borrow an Ethernet cord from some one to see if my shitty Ethernet cord I'm using is busted.  Hopefully a new Ethernet cord will fix my issue, but if not, does anyone have any recommendation for awesome Wireless Routers.

*Note: Moden -> Router (using best Ethernet cord). Router -> My PC (using winky-dink, bends and tears Ethernet cord)
mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mrhankey

So this is just an update blog. I'm on my Spring Break, a much needed spring break from the university. And I'd just like to detail some things I've been doing.

Four Games

First! 
I beat S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat. If you are a fan of the series, then be sure to check it out. Or check out my review! 

Second! 
I bought Battlefield Bad Company 2, beat the single player and am loving the multiplayer. A lot more fun tan Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, and it has a lot more depth to the leveling system than Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. So, quick thought, for me it's very unstable. I have no other games that crash like BFBC2. So it needs to be patched, but considering I keep coming back for more, it must be doing something right. Check it out. Or check out my review! 

Third!
I recently received Mass Effect 2 as a gift and while I only played two hours worth, it seems to have been lost in the mundane-ness of the first part of 2010. So, without any wasting of your precious time, I just want to say that based off my two hours, I'd heavily recommend this game for anyone looking for a good space-opera or a more refined Mass Effect.  

Fourth!
About a month ago I bought and beat Bioshock 2. Some may not like the new story and the stretch in logical thinking it takes for that story to align itself with the previous game, but I suggest ignoring everything you know about the first game. Just play and enjoy Bioshock 2, everyone that liked Bioshock should pick it up, or at least borrow it from a friend. If you're not satisfied with that, check out my review! 

*I apologize for my review style, I do quick bullet lists because I know you're just looking for a conclusion and nothing more.

Two Computers

Computer One!
The last of my friends have come over to the pc gaming arena. He's keeping his 360 for games like Fable and Mass Effect (we've yet to convince him that it's better on the pc). Anyways, I built a nice AMD based PC with a radeon HD 5870, and I have to say that AND really impressed me. So my recommendation...unless you're a die hard intel fan, you should build an AMD, AM3, quad core system because they often perform just as well as i7 and are cheaper. 

*Quick Specs: AMD 965 (3.2ghz) Phenom II X4. 4gb of G.Skill DDR3 1600 RAM. Radeon HD 5870.

Computer Two!
My Computer is a different story. I had mounted my heatsink/fan combo in the wrong direction so the cooling was horrid, idle at 45 and load at around 90. So I went about bought some cheap "Thermal Pads" made by Starforce or Startech, anyways, they sucked. Not only were they too thin and not doing the job, my idle actually went up to 55 and topped at around 80. Now, I know what you're thinking, your load went down by 10. Yes it did, however thats only because the actual heatsink/fan was blowing air the correct direction. So, I went out and bought some Cooler Master Thermal paste to go with my Cooler Master Hyper N520 cooler, and now i idle at 35 and top out at around 50. Hows that! 

*Quick Specs: Core i7 920, 2.6ghz.. 6gb of OCZ DDR3 1600 RAM. Radeon HD 4870. 

One Router

Ok, so I have a five year old router. The D-Link DGL 4300 (Gamer Lounge). Recently I haven't been able to connect to the internet through it. So i'm getting ready to  borrow an Ethernet cord from some one to see if my shitty Ethernet cord I'm using is busted.  Hopefully a new Ethernet cord will fix my issue, but if not, does anyone have any recommendation for awesome Wireless Routers.

*Note: Moden -> Router (using best Ethernet cord). Router -> My PC (using winky-dink, bends and tears Ethernet cord)
Teirdome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Teirdome

/jealous

Very nicely done with the cooling change, are you going to overclock the 920?  They're notoriously easy.

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mrhankey

Actually before I fixed my cooling issue it was oc'ed to 4.2ghz. I was going to do it again but I ran two Memory Diagnostics and came up with a lot of errors, so until i get some ram that isn't damaged and ready to be oc'ed i'll go back to it. But for now I have more than enough power. @Teirdome: