#1 Posted by lithonion (2 posts) -

So i have this games theme stuck in my head my whole life but i dont know what it is. like if you can figure out them them it would work too ill try and type it but it may not work well. eeeee saa gonnay soninmyna oh sa na my nona sona my ne. as you can see im not sure if thats they lyrics.

also the game is base on a cartoony game that involved you shooting down other cartoony planes and fighting blimps and giant bosses. if people can figure this games name out i would give them sooo many internet cookies

#2 Posted by mosespippy (3734 posts) -

Any clue as to what system the game was on or what year it came out or when you played it?

#3 Posted by qawsed (140 posts) -

Crimson Skies?

#4 Posted by stinky (1545 posts) -

at any time did the song break out into DAYTONA!? 

cause if it did i can tell you the name of it.

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (13843 posts) -

If you could give us a system that would narrow it down.

#6 Posted by BigSocrates (203 posts) -

@qawsed said:

Crimson Skies?

Did that have Japanese lyrics in it? Wasn't it Western? Also a really great game that I wish they'd make a sequel, spiritual or otherwise, to. God I loved it, including the awesome multiplayer on original Xbox Live. I'm old.

More on topic, can you narrow down the era? When did you play it? Any idea around when it would have been released?

#7 Posted by jackbugs (26 posts) -

Could be something like 1942 or UN Squadron? I dunno. Need more info OP, as regards how old of a game,etc.

#8 Posted by AmatureIdiot (980 posts) -
#9 Edited by SpaceRunaway (809 posts) -
#10 Posted by Levio (1781 posts) -

Sounds like the hymn of faith from FFX

#11 Posted by Azteck (7447 posts) -
#12 Posted by ViciousReiven (793 posts) -

Do you just remember sounds? Have a mic to record it? As a game music connoisseur it'd be way easier to narrow down if I could hear it. 
You can use something like Audacity to record it, and upload it to a site like tindeck.com, or if you have a webcam/mic combo you can just hit tthe record from webcam button on youtube.

#13 Posted by Jimbo (9708 posts) -

Is it Biplane Duel?

#14 Edited by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

Sorry to hijack this thread,

I'm looking for an old game. I don't remember what it's called, but it's for the PS1 and it's a fighting game. All I remember is that one of the fighters is this asian chick (Japanese I think) that fights with a yoyo. Can you help a brutha out?

#15 Posted by Jrinswand (1692 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I'm looking for an old game. I don't remember what it's called, but it's for the PS2 and it's a fighting game. All I remember is that one of the fighters is this asian chick (Japanese I think) that fights with a yoyo. Can you help a brutha out?

No. Start your own thread. This OP is having enough trouble as it is, if the language used in his first post is anything to go by.

#16 Posted by jackbugs (26 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I'm looking for an old game. I don't remember what it's called, but it's for the PS2 and it's a fighting game. All I remember is that one of the fighters is this asian chick (Japanese I think) that fights with a yoyo. Can you help a brutha out?

Kirby's Epic Mortal Street Fighter Teras Kasi. Or, Halo.

#17 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@Jrinswand said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

No. Start your own thread. This OP is having enough trouble as it is, if the language used in his first post is anything to go by.

FINE. But just so everyone knows, I wasn't really sorry for hijacking this thread and I never will be.

#18 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@jackbugs said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Kirby's Epic Mortal Street Fighter Teras Kasi. Or, Halo.

Is that first one an actual game?? Because according to Google, it's Star Wars.

#19 Posted by SpaceRunaway (809 posts) -
#20 Posted by jackbugs (26 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Thought you were jivin' there, so i jived. My bad.

#21 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@SpaceRunaway said:

I wish that The Can't Remember The Name of This Game Wall would take off better than it had, or at least get more prominently featured.

@Nightcrawler I woud posit that the game you are thinking of is in fact not a PS2 game, and is the PS1 game Ehrgeiz.

I COULD KISS YOU YOU SWEET SWEET INTERNET PERSON!

Thanks bro!

#22 Posted by mosespippy (3734 posts) -

@SpaceRunaway said:

I wish that The Can't Remember The Name of This Game Wall would take off better than it had, or at least get more prominently featured.

@Nightcrawler I woud posit that the game you are thinking of is in fact not a PS2 game, and is the PS1 game Ehrgeiz.

There are a number of problems with The Can't Remember The Name of This Game Wall. For one, it's a guide. People browse the forums, not guides. If you need to know the name of a game you want to reach the largest group of people available and that is the forums. Secondly, people don't notice when it gets updated with new questions. That makes it even less visible. Thirdly, a lot of these sorts of topics come from people who are new users, or at least haven't been active in the community. It's natural that if they've got a question they will post it in the forums rather than know where the name that game wall is. This could all be avoided if there was a Can't Remember the Name of This Game forum. Maybe in the new site? (cc )

#23 Posted by SpaceRunaway (809 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER: No problem. Ehrgeiz is a pretty cool game.

...Now the OP just needs to post. I have a pretty good feeling about Skygunner.

#24 Posted by lithonion (2 posts) -

sorry for not replying for some reason i never got an email notification but it was on the PS2 and SpaceRunaway you got it it was Skygunner i never would have found it out ever lmao thank you soo much