Games I Played Last Week 9/22-9/28

FakeKisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

Edited By FakeKisser

I started my Fall Backlog List last week with both Wasteland 2 and Wolfenstein: The New Order.

My Week in Gaming 9/22-9/28

Analogue: A Hate Story

I finished Analogue last week. I did enjoy it, though it didn't really resonate with me that much. I definitely didn't like it as much as Digital: A Love Story or even Don't Take it Personally, Babe, It Just Ain't Your Story. I still am going to play Hate Plus, the sequel to Analogue. Depending on how that goes, though, I will know if I can recommend this series to others. As of now, I definitely would recommend Digital, and I would recommend Don't Take it Personally to anyone into visual novels.

Wasteland 2

Wasteland 2 kicked off my Fall gaming. I am excited about the resurgence in top-down/isometric CRPG's. However, a few hours in, Wasteland 2 hasn't really grabbed me, yet. It starts out more challenging than I expected, and the gameplay systems and menu system makes it a little unintuitive and less approachable than I would have liked. That being said, I will definitely stick with it, and I'm hoping it will get a lot more fun as I get the hang of everything the game has to offer...and once I level up my characters a bit so that fighting bugs isn't such a hazard. :)

Wolfenstein: The New Order

After seeing reviews for The New Order, I instantly wished I would have picked up the game at release. However, I was in the middle of other stuff, so I just decided to wait until the Summer Steam Sale where I got it for half off.

I'm really glad I picked it up, because I am really, really enjoying it.

Anytime I'm given an option to be stealthy, I do it. Usually, I will then get REALLY into the stealth and re-load if I'm ever spotted. However, The New Order allows me to be stealthy while not making me feel the need to re-load once I'm spotted.

Some people said Dishonored did that for them, but I found myself re-loading in Dishonored when spotted, as I do in any other stealth game. However, since The New Order is more of an action game with just a stealthy option, I felt fine just doing headshots after being spotted. I never felt punished for getting spotted like in a stealth game, because it's not really a stealth game... The core of the game is an action game, instead.

Anyway, I'm ready to wrap the game up to get onto Shadow of Mordor, but I have thoroughly enjoyed The New Order and hope they make a sequel. Next week, I'll have my final thoughts, once I finish the game.