Games you are most proud to own and will never get rid of--whether worth a lot or worth nothing!

• 83 results
Shambala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've got quite a bit of Super/Famicom stuff in boxes that I love. Dragon Quest, Famicom Jump:Hero Retsuden, and all of the original Pokemon Games with their boxes and manuals.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I still have a sealed copy of Too Human. I will buy a second, already-opened copy if I ever decide I want to play it again (I'd played a friend's copy previously).

As far as something I'm proud of? Probably Faxanadu for the NES? It's one of my two favorite NES games (along with Bubble Bobble), and I feel that it's criminally underrated, to the point that most people probably don't even know it exists!

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Ezekiel

Nothing. The data on my hard drives is more important to me.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Deadly Premonition. That's it.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Unfortunately, not much.

I took better care of my childhood games than most of my friends, but I didn't take excellent care of them and I sold a whole lot of them growing up, so I don't have any SNES games left and most of my PS1 game cases don't look so hot (though most of the games themselves still play fine).

What I really regret is selling my PS2 games collection. I got a PS2 in middle school, about the time where I really started to think about my belongings and how to keep good track of them, and most of those games, cases, and instruction manuals were in excellent condition. Sold it all to Gamestop in hopes of getting a PS3 (which I wound up not getting). If I hadn't done that, it would probably be those PS2 games. About 25 of them. I had Burnout Revenge, all the Jak games, all the Ratchet games, Half-Life, and more.

I bought a new PS2 and some new games some time later and some of those games are in great condition. I have copies of Final Fantasy XII, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, and, a good answer to this thread, a copy of SMT Nocturne that I bought from someone who had taken really good care of it. I somehow found Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 still in the plastic on Amazon, so those were brand new when I bought them a few years ago. Final Fantasy X would be included in that list but the disc I got from Gamestop started messing up about 35 hours in so... it looks like it's in good shape but doesn't actually work well enough to finish the game.

But my best answer is my old Gamecube copy of Metroid Prime. The case actually isn't in great shape - but that's mostly because it's been taken out and opened and closed and left laying around a lot over the past fourteen years. I also have a copy of the DS version of Chrono Trigger, still with the case and instructions, as well as the DS version of Radiant Historia. I pre-ordered Shin Megami Tensei IV so I've got the deluxe box and the soundtrack and the "guide" for the first ten or so hours of the game.

I have a copy of Tokyo Mirage Sessions that will probably not be so common before long. That seems like a game that won't have a very long print run.

If I'm ever lucky enough to get filthy rich, I'm going to have a pretty nice collection of games that are in great shape - boxes, instructions, and so on. The convenience of digital gaming, or digital anything, can't be denied, but there's just something special about pulling an old favorite off of the shelf and playing it it all the way through.

Darknorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Fantasy IV for the SNES (in its American Final Fantasy III incarnation) and Chrono Trigger. Because of those, Square is an old flame I'll keep letting in, no matter how often I regret it.

Avatar image for rocketblast0063
rocketblast0063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel said:

Nothing. The data on my hard drives is more important to me.

Yes, and for me - when it comes to games - the result/product of the game (or with the help of it) is far more important. A save file, a self made mod, self made custom mission and so on are way more precious. And of course the experience in form of memories. Well, I guess I'm a boring pragmatic person that doesn't care about collector editions and what not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@monkeyking1969: Thanks for the notices on public transportation conduct?

Guessing you meant to post that in the latest Shenmue video.

EvilCalvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By EvilCalvin

@ajamafalous: I LOVED Faxanadu. Very underrated. I fought my way through and finished it. I seem to remember that I needed some help via a tip line or EGM. It was hard but so much fun. And, I still have it. I think I may load that up again soon.

EvilCalvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Things not to do on public transportation

- No Manspreading (the fine for that should be dick being smashed under a rock until it falls off)

- No S/HeBagging (putting you bags on the seat to either side of you)

- If you don't fit, you don't sit - don't shove your 3ft ass into a 1ft spot on a seat

- Don't lean on the pole

- Don't block the entrance or exit

- Please be washed/clean. I don't care how 'crunchy, back to nature' you want to be, if you want to use modern transport you WILL wash like a modern human.

- No cutting nails, no painting nails, no hairspraying, no perfume spritzing, no combing of your nasty hair

- No meal eating, no pungent food; but candy bars, energy bars are fine - if they don't crumb.

- No screaming or hitting your kids - displaying your bad parenting is not necessary

- NO PHONES CONVERSATIONS - FOR CHRIST SAKE SHUT UP!

Before you get on or off

- Be ready for your stop! Have your bags in hand, your device stowed half way between the last stop and your stop - WE WON'T WAIT

- Have your fare or fare cards ready before the transport gets to you. Count your change and flatten your bills before the transport shows up - WE WON'T WAIT

- Get off and walk 10 steps away before you even think of stopping to consult a map or phone

- One big bag only. If you have a pile of luggage - call a fucking cab! If you cannot get on or off in a timely manner you have too much baggage!

- No baby carriages! Have your baby under you arm, your stroller collapsed, and your FARE in your god-damn hand. Ask for help AHEAD OF TIME if you cannot manage that shit before the bus comes! (Honestly, the concept of a baby carnage or pram the size of a SMART car is stupid. Hold your god-damn baby! Get a sling or a baby backpack if you live in a city and take public transport!)

Really. Interesting. I suggest buying a cheap car maybe.

revantdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By revantdream

I have Boktai 1 and 2 US and Boktai 3 JP. I also picked up Twin Snakes for a decent price right before gamestop quit selling GC games.

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My demo disc/slim case of Unreal Championship 2 demo, without a doubt the demo I've played the most in my life.

All my copies of the Bioshock series (I own at least one of each game on each platform; I have duplicates of the first Bioshock)

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Game that I am most proud of and will never part with is Silent Hill 2. Akira Yamaoka signed my copy when he was in San Antonio, Texas for an anime convention called San Japan. He was the guest of honor in 2014 and performed with his band. Mary Elizabeth McGynn was there also as the singer. It was day I will never forget.

ishinji32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ishinji32

I have a couple Japanesevisualnovels that would probably be the last games I ever sell. Bought them back in college with some of my last summer dollars, when I was really really really into that kind of thing. Couldn't care less about their resale value (which is dropping, surprisingly, considering their rarity), it's more of a nostalgic reminder of what life was like back then. How excited I would get over a choose-your-own adventure book for grownups.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Conker's Bad Fur Day. I heard about it through a magazine when it first came out, but my parents did not allow me to play M rated games at the time. It was one of those games I never played, but was always in the back of my mind. I finally played it through the Xbox remake when I was older, and loved it. Then, I played the N64 version and it became one of my favorite games of all time. It's also one of the more valuable N64 games, since it came out at the very end of that console's lifespan.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my 50 copies of Sneak King

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vagrant Story

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I've sold every game I've ever owned. A couple summers ago I bought copies of Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run and Donkey Kong Country 2 without owning an SNES. I own hard copies of inFamous: Second Son and NBA 2K14 because they were thrown in with my PS4 purchase on Amazon and I've been too lazy to dig them out and go get a return on them (plus I'll probably want to replay Second Son at some point and there's no point repurchasing it).

Besides those two games, the only game I've owned and never sold, which is purely by accident because it's buried in a plastic container and housed within a nondescript, white sleeve, is Tony Hawk Pro Skater for the PS1. So I suppose I'll never sell that one, but it's only because I forgot to when I had the chance. Still have a memory card with a save on it too.

Aethelred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My boxed copy of Psychonauts, signed by Tim Schafer.

bricwall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This may be a weird one, but I have a copy of guitar hero 2 my aunt gave me for ps2 when it was new. She died a few years ago and until recently it was one of the only ps2 games I still owned.

ultragamerockx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ultragamerockx

NFS MW 2005 for Xbox 360, you have so much to do in the actual game itself, although I never completed it; it was a fantastic game so far, I remember playing it back in 2007-2008 (that was on PS2), then I restarted the game but on Xbox 360 this time, I restarted playing it in 2014 and I still play it to this present.

It's benefits that make me never want to get rid of it are:

• The graphics must've been amazing back in the day, but now not so much; but it's still good
  • Even though I haven't finished it the storyline was great to as far as I got, especially the beginning
  • Even though Sargent Cross take your car because you've been doing illegal street racing, you get to create your own car, and if you can complete it I'm pretty sure you get your car back at the end (I only know that because I watched game play)
  • The people look real in the storyline scenes even though they are animated
  • It's cheap and great to play

So that's a great reason to why I would never get rid of it.

What is everyone's opinion of this game?

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Dixavd

My most prized video game is a PS2 copy of Final Fantasy X signed by Masashi Hamauzu and Nobuo Uematsu! I still need to get Junya Nakano's signature to get all three of the lead composer's having signed it. A copy of my favourite game of all time, featuring my favourite song of all time, signed by two of the three people behind its music (those being the two who composed said favourite song), amounts to one of my most treasured possessions.

Otherwise, I'm proud to own all three Operation Rainfall games on the Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower even though I haven't completed all of them.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

Eternal Darkness on the GC. Not sure why that came to mind but I think it's one of those games where if you had a group of people that were playing it the same time as you it was fantastic.

Game itself is pretty darn good too but discussing all the crazy stuff that game throws at you was so much fun.

Also PN03 now that I think about it.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

ESPN NFL 2k5, Jak 2, Kingdom Hearts 2, FFXII and NFS Underground. I'm kind of disappointed that I sold my copy of Spec Ops: The Line.

Markus1395

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Probably the PS1 game Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena, which I bought for super cheap when my local rental store was going out of business. Turned out to be worth quite a bit of money. No way in hell I'd ever sell it though, as it's one of my favorite games ever (though I mostly play the Japan-only Grand Edition anymore, since a translation patch came out a few years ago). I also managed to pick up a non Greatest Hits copy of FF7 a few years back for about $15. Obviously not worth a whole bunch, but pretty neat nevertheless.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#77  Edited By DharmaBum

I have a lot of PS2 and 360 "cult classics" that I bought at release and I'm happy that I own the original box art and not some ugly Greatest Hits version.

Worst regret would be selling some N64 games like Banjo-Kazooie. I'm a fucking monster.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Hunter5024

When I was in Japan I bought a boxed Super Famicom copy of Chrono Trigger. I don't think it's worth much but it's still awesome to own.

howelcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catherine. My 360 and PS3 is in storage but I still own copies on both systems. Love to play through that game again.

packerman120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, dude, you just took me back! My favorite game as a kid. Was so dang fun. And my answer to this question would be my Pokemon games, always go back and play those suckers.

NFS MW 2005 for Xbox 360, you have so much to do in the actual game itself, although I never completed it; it was a fantastic game so far, I remember playing it back in 2007-2008 (that was on PS2), then I restarted the game but on Xbox 360 this time, I restarted playing it in 2014 and I still play it to this present.

It's benefits that make me never want to get rid of it are:

• The graphics must've been amazing back in the day, but now not so much; but it's still good
  • Even though I haven't finished it the storyline was great to as far as I got, especially the beginning
  • Even though Sargent Cross take your car because you've been doing illegal street racing, you get to create your own car, and if you can complete it I'm pretty sure you get your car back at the end (I only know that because I watched game play)
  • The people look real in the storyline scenes even though they are animated
  • It's cheap and great to play

So that's a great reason to why I would never get rid of it.

What is everyone's opinion of this game?

peteycoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#81  Edited By peteycoco

Myth II. In 2009 I found a copy of it in Value Village for 1$. I picked it up only because I saw the Bungie logo and was curious to see what it was. When I played it that night I was blown away with how fun the game was. I probably spent 3-4 weeks playing the campaign on various difficulties and playing multiplayer, which still had a fairly large community playing it. It truly is a unique series and I wish there was more of it... I've kept the disc because it was such a surprise and it makes me happy when I'm reminded how I felt when I discovered how fun it was.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

tyn0mite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing as I'm in the process of moving I happened to pack up a bunch of games and DVDs. A few that come to mind that I saw were Metal Gear Solid for PlayStation, GoldenEye for N64, Super Mario World... I have a few original copies of some of the heavy hitters. They aren't in pristine condition by any stretch of the imagination but I also never traded them in or sold them at a rummage sale!

Fisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time for the PS2 because it's the first game I beat without cheat codes. I was 12 and I was damn proud of myself. It's also the game that made me set out to beat and complete a lot of games that took a lot of time, so maybe I should get rid of it for what it's done to me.

Nah.