Games you play during the Fall/Halloween season.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By matthias2437

This may be a bit early, but I just love Fall so damn much that I am actually already starting my Fall Horror game marathon I do every year. This year I am going to try playing through all of the Silent Hills, Fatal Frames, Penumbra, Amnesia, and Doom 3. I am already done with Silent Hill 1 and am starting on 2 tonight. How about you guys though? Any games you like playing during this wonderful upcoming fall season.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lockwoodx

I play the least games during this time of year. My part of the country has all 4 seasons and this one is spent taking advantage of warmer clothes, beverages that warm you up, and large bonfires.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By matthias2437

@Buzzkill: Don't get me wrong, we have all 4 seasons here as well and I spend the most amount of time doing stuff in Fall. That's why I normally only complete about 4 of the games I set out to play. My favorite part about fall is, playing/watching football, wearing sweaters, and throwing bonfires.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Yanngc33

I usually play all the big new releases during Fall

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By BaneFireLord

Same stuff I always play. The only quasi-seasonal gaming I do is I always play Assassin's Creed games in the summer, because that's usually when the price drops and I don't care enough about the series to pick it up for full price.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lockwoodx

@matthias2437: Yeah I guess fall is that time of season where I play the most brawlers/fighters/sports game. You need something quick and easy that doesn't look too geeky when you decide to park your ass on the couch despite a party going on'round you.

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jmfinamore

For some reason, I've really been getting into the fall mood already, even though it's not even September. Guess it was the hurricane weather. Either way, I started Penumbra last fall but never finished it, so I plan on hopefully playing that for real. I'd also really like to check out Amnesia because of all the good things I've heard. If it's on sale, I'll probably pick it up.  

Also, I'm glad to see other people are as into sweaters as me. Probably my favorite part of the cooler seasons. 

moonpix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By moonpix

my friends and I always end up having a Left 4 Dead marathon around Halloween

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By cornbredx

This is my list of 10 games worth playing during October

Sometimes I feel like changing it but honestly I keep coming back to those 10. I think adding Bioshock may be something I'd do, but its hard to figure out which one I don't actually think goes in the top 10. So I've stuck with this list.

I do so love playing scary games though, and October is the best excuse to do so. That being said I haven't started yet- it's still a a tad early.

Tacoboy1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tacoboy1986

Every year around Thanksgiving I love playing some Half Life 2 for some reason. As for Halloween, I typically get in the mood to watch horror movies than play horror games.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By ssj4raditz

I play lots of Fallout! Get it Fall-out? FALL! Bahahaha...

...sorry...

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#12  Edited By Little_Socrates

Usually I'm playing the new releases through the fall. However, being at college now, I'll be getting less of those as they come out, so I'll probably dig into my Steam catalog and finish Amnesia, play Penumbra, play Call of Cthulhu, and maybe add BioShock 2 despite me hating the first part of that game.

Goungling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Goungling

I usually play RPGs and single player focused games, and during Winter when I have someone I can throw against the wall and shoot mercilessly until there's less discernible body pieces than a mannequin riot, I play fighting games. Specifically Street Fighter and Melty Blood.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By McGhee

I stick with playing the good ones.

Foot369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Foot369

I want to do some seasonal gaming, so I'm going to play costume quest during the week of halloween, I never got to it last year.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By subject2change

I've been playing SIREN BLOOD CURSE. Not really seasonal gaming, I sometimes will play some of a series prior to the release of a sequel, like I just did with GEARS2 (however it made me realize, i'll wait on a GEARS3 purchase and that I want to sell my 360).

I'll be picking up LA NOIRE, CATHERINE and MK soon enough that those'll be my games to play. Possibly NHL12 as well. Everything else I believe doesn't come out til later.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By BoG

I usually play the big releases, but if nothing draws me in, I do what many others do, and play old horror games. The Resident Evil series usually wins.
Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Clonedzero

ive never been big on horror games. so scratch those.

this holloween timeframe what will i be playing? probably BF3 if im being honest lol.

though in the fall / winter i tend to play more RPGs, stuff i can relax and get enveloped in during the bad weather. while int he spring / summer i like low commitment games ic an pick up and play a whim, like multiplayer shooters and the like due to it being nicer out.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By MetalBaofu

I pretty much just play whatever new games are out.   Silent Hill: Downpour is coming out in October, so I'll probably be playing that around Halloween.  Hopefully it won't suck.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By yakov456

A playthrough of Castelvania SOTN is always in order when it hits late September. It's the same time of year that it came out and always feels right!