Games you wish would get localized in your country?

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

With the recent news that Godzilla and Yakuza 5 would be coming stateside, it got me to thinking about games I'd really want to see localized in the US. There's tons of cool Japanese games I know probably don't have a chance in hell of coming to the West, but still keep hopelessly wishing for anyway. (If the 3DS wasn't needlessly region locked this would be a lot less of an issue)

Digimon World Re: Digitize - I'm not the biggest Digimon fan in the world, but I am a fan and I want to play this game for some reason. Actually, I'd rather play Digimon Adventure and/or Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth but Re: Digitize seems like the one with the most reasonable chance of being localized.

Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry no Wonderland 3D and the sequel - These are remakes of the Gameboy Color games Dragon Warrior Monsters and Dragon Warrior Monsters 2. Admittedly I've never played those games, but they look and sound awesome, and so do these remakes.

One Piece: Super Grand Battle! X and One Piece: Kaizoku Musou 3: To Namco's credit, they've been doing pretty okay for One Piece games as of late, and I'm almost positive these games will come stateside at some point. (I'm guessing Grand Battle next year, and Pirate Warriors 3 in 2016)

Jump Stars games: I know the latest games in this franchise have been ass but I'd still like to see them come westward, though I can see why that might be difficult. Hopefully that J-Patrol thing ends up being cool.

What about you duders? It doesn't have to be a recent game or necessarily from Japan, just games that haven't been officially released in your country.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've always wanted to play the rest of the Earthbound (Mother) games.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Tales of Vesperia's PS3 version. Vesperia is such an awesome game as it is, and its PS3 version is privy to a staggering amount of additional content.

Also, hey, finally getting the original Parasite Eve in Europe would be swell.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

What's the word on Dragon Quest X?

There were those Yakuza Samurai spin-off games that I've always wanted to play. Reading a translation guide online while playing that game probably isn't the most ideal way to play those.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Phantasy Star Online 2, goddammit.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Everything.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would really enjoy playing Front Mission 5. It's a shame that series never really took off in the West.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Everything.

Get out of here! You'd even want "Lindsay Lohan's The Price of Fame" localized?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babychoochoo said:

Everything.

Get out of here! You'd even want "Lindsay Lohan's The Price of Fame" localized?

What person in their right mind wouldn't want that?

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

Ace Attorney Investigations 2.........

Well, I already played the fan-translated one, so whatever. The fan translation was actually pretty fantastic. Right up there, if not better, than the other official translated Ace Attorney games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm with you, some of those Digimon games look rad. I'd love to get Cyber Sleuth over here, but Bandai seems more interested in localizing shitty fighting games rather than cool looking RPGs(that's not fair. I haven't played All-Star Rumble; I have no idea if it's any good or not. But man do I wish they'd done Cyber Sleuth instead)

I'd also really like for Yakuza 5 to do well enough for us to get Yakuza 0 and, ideally, Ishin.

BlueWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BlueWolverine

Mother 1 and 3 would be great. It will never happen, but a boy can dream.

Kazzenn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kazzenn

As a fan of the Yakuza series and samurai shit, I prayed numerous times that we would get Kenzan and Ishin. Gave up on hoping that will come though.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By liquiddragon

Valkyria Chronicles 3...also can't believe FF type-0 is ps4/xbo only. such BS.

Netty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of them, my english is not so good... Playing this one now and its hard bc I can't read all the signs.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suikoden III - A multitude of rumors as to why it never showed up in Europe, but fact remains that it's the only one that didn't. And from what I heard, it was quite good.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Levius

I only really want the PS1 Classic version of Persona 2:Eternal Punishment to come out in Europe. It's really frustrating that there is a perfectly good version of it in the US, I would happily fund a Kickstarter to fund the European certification costs.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Corevi

The Yakuza Samurai games, Zero and the HD Collection.

Kamen Rider Battride War (and by extension I wish there were official subs of KR)

Puyo Puyo Tetris, because that's a really dumb idea that I would love to play.

All of these are on PS3 and could very cheaply be translated and released digitally. In the case of Puyo Puyo Tetris it came out in Europe so there's an English version it just didn't come out in NA.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

An HD rerelease of the updated Final Fantasy XII release with all the new content would be pretty nice. I know the original version has English voices (and fan patches to fix the rest), but I just want a nice version I can play on my Vita.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Diablo clone Eurogamer has been drooling over lately looks qutie awesome.

DancingDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solitiba, the Game Freak horse racing/solitaire game. Looks just so damn charming.

Loading Video...

There's a horse with a pompadour and a cigarette!

mousse_gallon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 42

#23  Edited By mousse_gallon

.hack//Link
Princess Crown
Digimon Adventure
Grand Knights History
More of the Sakura Taisen/Wars games

shenstra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm still waiting for a European release of Trauma Team. No localization needed. I just need Nintendo to put the American version on the eShop. Would sell me on the WiiU...

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I've always wanted to play the rest of the Earthbound (Mother) games.

THAT'S what Mother is? I never played Earthbound but I always hear people asking for Mother games in the US, specifically Mother 3.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Rebel_Scum

Ladystalker, the "spiritual" sequel to Landstalker that was released on the SNES only in Japan. Being a mad fan of Landstalker I was really looking forward to playing another game like it from Climax.

They don't make great isometric viewed games like that anymore :(

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#27  Edited By SubwayD

The amount of awesome looking games that only both Japan and the US, but missed the UK, got really annoyed me as a kid. From reading old Magazines about Mega Drive games all the way up to the the Xbox, PS2 and Dreamcast. As pointed out, even up to the Wii, we've been getting subtly shafted. And don't get me started on how much Nintendo liked to drag their feet getting games out over here.

There's just too many to list. That said, I'm bitter that we didn't get Popful Mail.

And remember when they teased a new Phantom Dust at E3? Probably would have been excited had the original actually came out in Europe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5abeb9715d7a2
deactivated-5abeb9715d7a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Not a single one of these will ever see an official localization for the consoles I mention, but here goes.

• Dragon Quest VII (3DS)
  • Seiken Densetsu 3 (Super Famicom for Virtual Console?)
  • Mother 3 (GBA for VC?)
  • Tales of Vesperia (Japanese PS3 extended version localized for PS3/PS4 and 360/XB1.)
  • Guardian Heroes (For PSN)
  • Princess Crown (Saturn localized for PS3/PS4 & 360/XB1.)
  • Valkyria Chronicles (360 or XB1. Sure, it's on PC & PS3, but it would be a nice gesture.)
  • Sega Ages 2500 Vol. 1: Phantasy Star Generation 1 & 2 (PS2 games, rereleased for PS3 & PS4 as PSN downloads?)

Of course there are fan translations for several of these, but official releases are always appreciated.

zerdune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Those two Feudal Japan Yakuza games.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For a minute I thought Ubi had done Far Cry 4 in Danish, because it said so under the language option. That would be some next level shit for gaming. Not that I would play Far Cry in my native tongue, though I would for sure try it just for the hilarity factor.

Also I think I completely misunderstood the point of this thread lol.

Otogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a lisencing and production nightmare for such a small audience, but I'd love to see the Super Robot Wars games over here without having to import them.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Levius said:

I only really want the PS1 Classic version of Persona 2:Eternal Punishment to come out in Europe. It's really frustrating that there is a perfectly good version of it in the US, I would happily fund a Kickstarter to fund the European certification costs.

If you have a ps3 just make a us account get a psn card code emailed to you and buy it.

Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kazzenn said:

As a fan of the Yakuza series and samurai shit, I prayed numerous times that we would get Kenzan and Ishin. Gave up on hoping that will come though.

This and this and also this.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

All of the Macross Ace Frontier games. Love em.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jadegl

All the old Sailormoon games in one collection, capped off with the Another Story RPG. Yes, it's stupid and yes the games weren't all that great although I would argue Another Story was pretty awesome, but man I would love to get a proper release in english.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, Namco just confirmed Western releases for Pirate Warriors 3 AND a Jump Stars game.

(And One Piece will be on PC!!!)