Gamespot's The Lobby - Reinvigoralised

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone watching The Lobby? They have changed to the UPF format, about 2 hours of stuff with longer play times and more pissing about.

It was a hell of a lot of fun tonight.

There was Gang Beasts with Tim Schafer and some scrub called Brad Shoemaker who lost horribly. Some fun Alien Isolation stuff, and a hardcore Vib Ribbon rave.

I am glad they changed to a longer format with a bit more pissing about. I would tune in to The Lobby in the past, but usually only after the fact to watch a couple of segments. The new format has piqued my interest enough to mark Tuesday nights down as another dumb live stream night.

As someone who has never given a square fig about GS in the past, I am beginning to enjoy what they are doing.

Anyone else watch? what did you think of the new format?

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for tournamentofhate
TournamentOfHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Yeah they tried to keep it too much like On The Spot before, with the news segment and new game releases for the week. On weeks where there wasn't much going on and didn't have any devs coming on to show games it felt like half a show. Hopefully once in awhile they'll do a Professional Wednesdays type of show where it's like half GB and half GS crews, but they seem to be mixing it up more regularly now anyway that that's probably not needed(I just miss the back and forths Ryan and Chris used to have).

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'll check it out. That picture of Tim Schafer intrigued me when I saw it earlier.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I've been catching it each week and I'm 10 minutes into this one. My engagement when watching the show always comes down to who's on camera, whereas my enjoyment of UPF is based on what games they're playing. It's strange.

Curious to see how much actually changes this week. Danny's a great host, of course, so I'm sure he'll make it worth watching.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

I've been catching it each week and I'm 10 minutes into this one. My engagement when watching the show always comes down to who's on camera, whereas my enjoyment of UPF is based on what games they're playing. It's strange.

Curious to see how much actually changes this week. Danny's a great host, of course, so I'm sure he'll make it worth watching.

As far as I can tell, they are adopting the UPF style without the UPF, as in it is more professionally produced. Those dudes know how to produce a live stream! I am itrigued and looking forward to future editions of the lobby.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@splodge said:

@csl316 said:

As far as I can tell, they are adopting the UPF style without the UPF, as in it is more professionally produced. Those dudes know how to produce a live stream! I am itrigued and looking forward to future editions of the lobby.

Yeah, the production's always been fantastic. It was basically Professional Tuesdays.

20 minutes in and it's still professional and still Tuesday. Not a bad thing, by an means.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been checking out the show pretty regularly and never really felt that the format was what was holding it back. Slow gaming weeks are slow gaming weeks, we all know how the forums gets around here in the dulldrums too. But I guess it doesn't hurt to try something new. If only Gamespot would ever learn to treat their streaming and original shows as main features on the site though... They just seem to be stuck in this bad mentality loop of "noone is watching this, so we're not putting it on the frontpage" and "it's not on the frontpage, so noone gets exposed to it".

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim Schafer was amazing. the alien part was great too.