• 51 results
#1 Edited by Baillie (4081 posts) -

I wasn't available to watch it live, but I downloaded it and watched it earlier on. Those notifications are crazy. What's more crazy, is that while watching the show, I just noted down every one. Gamertags, who they were to and what kind of message it was. I don't even know why.

There were 635 total notifications, that were messages. I didn't write down people signing in, etc. Ryan got 54% of them.

1. Ryan: 341
  2. GBTNT: 212
  3. Jeff: 63
  4. Brad: 20

Out of the 635 messages there were, 7 private chat requests, 10 friend requests, 15 party invites, 203 game invites, spanning 87 different games and 400 regular messages.

1. Trials Evolution --- 17 Invites
  2. DOOM --- 10 Invites
  3. Gauntlet --- 7 Invites
  4. Rock of Ages --- 6 Invites
  5. UNO --- 6 Invites

Some good games were:

• Fancy Pants Adventure
  • Gears of War (Windows)
  • Microsoft Flight
  • Rogue Warrior

'ShoutOutToVinny' & 'GAME BOMB ru' were my standout gamertags.

Here's a link to it on google docs, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoSA0CnS8rJjdFFMWFFKbTR4NUtacUxUN3E1OXFsdWc

#2 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I don't know why you did this either.

#3 Posted by BigChickenDinner (766 posts) -

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

I don't know why you did this either.

I think this is their way of asking for employment at GiantBomb...............

#4 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

This is pointless and kinda cool.

#5 Posted by shivermetimbers (765 posts) -

I stop watching TNT's when they turn on notifications because that sound is just...ugh.

#6 Posted by Baillie (4081 posts) -

@Winternet said:

You're pointless, but kinda cool!

#7 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -
#8 Posted by CosmoKramer (53 posts) -

The joke got old pretty fast in my opinion. I wish it had stop sooner honestly. I still sent a message though.

#9 Posted by ComradeKhan (687 posts) -

So these are the Notification Leaderboards for this weeks TNT?

#10 Posted by cutyoface (544 posts) -

This is the most ridiculous thing i've seen someone do this week.

#11 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4711 posts) -

I don't think I'm going to watch any more XBox TNTs. That sound got real irritating real quick.

#12 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Wow. (that's a condescending wow, not one giving you any merit)

This is bad and you should feel bad.

#13 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

@Baillie said:

@Winternet said:

I'm also pointless, but kind of cool? Right? Right?!

#14 Posted by AmishTechSupport (38 posts) -

This is a great tool for knowing who to block from my friends list! Thanks!

#15 Posted by Fattony12000 (7304 posts) -

Good Lord.

#16 Posted by Catarrhal (826 posts) -

@TEHMAXXORZ said:

@Baillie said:

@Winternet said:

I'm also pointless, but kind of cool? Right? Right?!

"Remington W" is pointless.

#17 Posted by Akyho (1599 posts) -

I did it at the start when it was funny. However it got out of hand. Same people spamming over and over and over and over. Then it was funny a little with the silver accounts such as "IloveuPatrick". It was funny some game invites for like yaris and such. However.....Xbox live party invites? with same people spamming over and over and over and over and over.

Yeah it was dumb and not even duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumb duuuuuuuuuuuumb.

#18 Posted by Rabid619 (1095 posts) -

Jesus o.O I don't even know what to say to this...

#19 Edited by zaglis (909 posts) -

Sir, I'm glad you are on our side.

But the people that were constantly spamming - fucking deserve to be banned from GB.

#20 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Anybody else feel bad for Brad?

#21 Posted by Trace (3553 posts) -

I, for one, appreciate any and all stats of this sort.

Nice work, Baillie. Tempted to convert this into a format suitable for a PivotTable.

#22 Posted by jonnybob (166 posts) -

I like stats, this is awesome. Your patience is amazing.

#23 Posted by Thoseposers (783 posts) -

getting riled up over notifications has got to be one of the stupidest things i've ever seen the GB community do

#24 Posted by ShaggE (6422 posts) -

I liked the idea until it was just the same names over and over, then it got annoying fast. (also, during Paperboy when they turned it up really loud)

Still a fun TNT.

#25 Posted by Baillie (4081 posts) -

@PsEG: You're the first. Take a bow.

#26 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

People know not to mess with Brad

#27 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4969 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

No, because he don't have to delete all those messages.

#28 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

I'm inclined to feel that almost no one who sent messages at any point during the show was funny.

I do however find it humorous that there are a large number of people posting something to the effect of, "Yeah, these posters are dumb. Well, yes, I also sent a message, but I did it when it was funny."

Face it, it was dumb and irritating when you were doing it to.

#29 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@Baillie:

I appreciate you making this. It's almost like a form of public shaming for the idiots spamming that account. Not of course that people will actually understand they were being idiots, but it is nice to see it laid out plain. More difficult to be self delusional that way.

#30 Posted by Draxyle (1835 posts) -

It was like a joke that people wanted to re-tell 600 times and still expected it to be amusing. That just doesn't work.

At the same time though, GB was kinda asking for it, and they could have shut them off at any time. It's not the end of the world that one TNT gets hampered by this.

#31 Posted by Humanity (9056 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Although, there was that moment near the end where someone with the name "BradSucksAtTrials" sent them a message and I thought, well thats pretty mean actually.

#32 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

That was fun, I did it 3 times, but it really bummed me out that as soon as I thought of Rock of Ages, everyone beat me to it.

#33 Posted by Baillie (4081 posts) -

@Arker101: From my list, you only did it twice.

#34 Edited by Live2bRighteous (317 posts) -

@Akyho:

Yeah, I feel guilty for not spending the $10 on that name. Though, the account was a few months old... and I had a change name available. *shrugs*

But yeah, I get where you guys are coming from... but in the end, we all had a few laughs. (Or maybe just a few of us...)

I still love you Patrick.

#35 Edited by vince_kupo (142 posts) -

Yeah it was pointless, though I thaught GAME BOMB ru and ShoutOutToVinny were funny

#36 Posted by Dagbiker (6972 posts) -

some other guy wanted to do this and got shot down by the mods.

#37 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Tune in next week when Baillie posts a blinking leaderboard. Which staff member will blink the most in the next TNT?

#38 Posted by Baillie (4081 posts) -

@vince20100 said:

Yeah it was pointless, though I thaught GAME BOMB ru and ShoutOutToVinny were funny

Haha, yeah. I laughed at both of those.

#39 Edited by CatsAkimbo (618 posts) -

@BrockNRolla said:

I'm inclined to feel that almost no one who sent messages at any point during the show was funny.

I invited them to play the Hybrid Beta and Trenched Iron Brigade because I actually wanted to play with them. They were picking games out of the invites, and I thought I'd have a good chance with those two games.

#40 Posted by Gravier251 (217 posts) -

Interesting details, nothing wrong with looking into statistics there :) Sure did seem like a lot of trying to spam them just for the attention. Have to agree though the GAME BOMB ru one was rather good hehe.

#41 Posted by Trace (3553 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

some other guy wanted to do this and got shot down by the mods.

No, someone suggested making a list for the sole purpose of harassing users who sent notifications and I said that was a bad idea. It still would be, since attacking other users is a violation of site rules.

#42 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1620 posts) -

I think they kept notifications on just to spite everyone who was complaining, which... is one way to go. I appreciate their "don't give a fuck" attitude in a lot of cases, but then, who is the show for really?

To be clear, I didn't mind the notifications, but I found their attitude kinda lame.

#43 Posted by Akyho (1599 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Yeah that was realy shitty. You could see Brad trying to act normal when "Brad sucks at trials" name came up. Fucking horrible.

#44 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

@Baillie: Oh, I could have sworn I sent two chat invites and one game invite, maybe one didn't get through XBL. I guess this means I have one less felony?

#45 Posted by Baillie (4081 posts) -

There's some new stats, what the hell. Okay, seriously. I'm done.

#46 Posted by DrJota (700 posts) -

I feel good that I was the only one to recommend Skate 3,but I also feel bad that I had to skate alone......

cue sad trombone music.

That said,game invites were one thing(it was a grab bag TNT after all),but geez,if it gets to the point that it tests my patience,the horse has been long dead and is in the 3rd ring of hell while it's still being beaten.

#47 Posted by Eojay (184 posts) -

I had a similar idea while watching it live last night to create a Twitter account and tweet all the notifications as they happened.

But then I remember it would've been mostly pointless and that I'm lazy.

#48 Posted by Recall (103 posts) -

My Uno invite got them to play it. Win-win for I, lol

#49 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@CatsAkimbo said:

@BrockNRolla said:

I invited them to play the Hybrid Beta and Trenched Iron Brigade because I actually wanted to play with them. They were picking games out of the invites, and I thought I'd have a good chance with those two games.

Right. Let me clarify. I didn't mean people who sent game invites (As those are just default messages). Those also weren't funny though, they were just game functional invites. All the people who were sending random messages like "I love you!" and "Insert vaguely funny phrase here." Were not funny, and were in fact, obnoxious.

#50 Posted by AiurFlux (902 posts) -

I cruel man would send all of those people goatse. I am a cruel man. However I don't have time like that, so fuck it.