Gerstmann VS. Hatsune Miku Community

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@hailinel said:

@likeassur said:

@lackingsaint said:

@likeassur said:

@milkman said:

@demoskinos: @hailinel: They make fun of games that they consider bad all the time. This time, you just happened to be a fan of said game. I wouldn't take it so personally. I'm a fan of the NBA 2K games but those Quick Looks are always just Jeff and Vinny stumbling around, having no idea what they're doing and then complaining about how the game is boring. People think it's funny. I think it's funny. It's not a big deal.

This is pretty much how the internet works at large. Make fun of any and everything, and it's hilarious, but target something THEY like, and suddenly you're unfunny and repeating tired old tropes. People have ridiculous double standards.

FUCK HOMESTUCK

YOU'RE OFFENDING ME.

I know that this is getting off topic, but what's the appeal of Homestuck? From your perspective, I mean. I have a couple of friends that are super into it and one of them has tried to get me into it as well (her attempts have not really worked).

What the hell is Homestuck?

From what I know about it, it's an online comic in which the characters are capable of bending reality, or something? But it's all really inside baseball and I have no idea because the whole thing seems so impenetrable. My friend lent me a book that compiled the first act, and it's basically a super-slow paced text adventure. The actual online version features some flash animations and I guess later strips include full on flash games, or something? I don't know.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

This is the most beautiful thing I've ever read.

Makes Ghetto bird noise is just, fuck man he just speaks to me XD

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#253  Edited By Wikitoups

@punkxblaze said:
No Caption Provided

I just want a video now of jeff doing all this stuff!

FierceDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baillie said:

@hailinel said:

@milkman: Actually, I got tired of their "incompetent at sports" schtick after the second such QLthat I watched.

Don't worry, the 16-year-old anime girl will still sing to you when you feel lonely.

So in response to him saying he doesn't care for the "incompetent at sports" schtick, you implied he was a loser. Nice ad hominem. Where'd you learn that technique?

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By SlashDance

@evilsbane said:

@punkxblaze said:
No Caption Provided

As long as it stops before the pooping on top of a car part, I'd like to see that as well.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

@wikitoups said:

@evilsbane said:

@punkxblaze said:
No Caption Provided

As long as it stops before the pooping on top of a car part, I'd like to see that as well.

No, dawg. All the way. Ride or die homie.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@hailinel said:

@likeassur said:

@lackingsaint said:

@likeassur said:

@milkman said:

@demoskinos: @hailinel: They make fun of games that they consider bad all the time. This time, you just happened to be a fan of said game. I wouldn't take it so personally. I'm a fan of the NBA 2K games but those Quick Looks are always just Jeff and Vinny stumbling around, having no idea what they're doing and then complaining about how the game is boring. People think it's funny. I think it's funny. It's not a big deal.

This is pretty much how the internet works at large. Make fun of any and everything, and it's hilarious, but target something THEY like, and suddenly you're unfunny and repeating tired old tropes. People have ridiculous double standards.

FUCK HOMESTUCK

YOU'RE OFFENDING ME.

I know that this is getting off topic, but what's the appeal of Homestuck? From your perspective, I mean. I have a couple of friends that are super into it and one of them has tried to get me into it as well (her attempts have not really worked).

It's some webcomic that has spawned it's own fanbase.

I've seen some people cosplay as characters from it on cons, which is when they have grey facepaint and horns that look like candycorn. I think that's Homestuck characters at least...

These are supposedly as well

No Caption Provided

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

/banksort

47586+9

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#259  Edited By LackingSaint

@hailinel said:

@demoskinos said:

@hailinel said:

@likeassur said:

@lackingsaint said:

@likeassur said:

@milkman said:

FUCK HOMESTUCK

YOU'RE OFFENDING ME.

From what I know about it, it's an online comic in which the characters are capable of bending reality, or something? But it's all really inside baseball and I have no idea because the whole thing seems so impenetrable. My friend lent me a book that compiled the first act, and it's basically a super-slow paced text adventure. The actual online version features some flash animations and I guess later strips include full on flash games, or something? I don't know.

I'm actually a huge fan of Homestuck myself. To boil it down, it started off as a parody of point-and-click-adventure games in the form of a comic where readers would suggest commands to a boy called John Egbert who had just gotten the Beta for a brand-new Online game. For the first few acts, it's a pretty funny riff on the more mundane mechanics of some older games ("You can't just hit that guy, you need to open your inventory, equip your fists and THEN hit that guy"). After that, it starts to become clear that this new Online game actually has some paranormal force and is slowly destroying the universe (with the main characters accidentally turning one of the Low-Level Enemies into an Unkillable Boss), and some dudes from a universe that has already been destroyed get in contact with them (those are the Trolls, the grey-skinned weirdos you see at conventions).

I'm missing a lot of important plot details, but it's just a very dense fiction with a lot of likeable characters and an ambitious world. You need some endurance to get through it all, the author often goes on long side-tracks that are always relevant but seem like they're pointless, but it's pretty satisfying to go through the whole thing and have this deep understanding of this world, these characters and their relationships with one-another.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#260  Edited By Baillie

@baillie said:

@hailinel said:

@milkman: Actually, I got tired of their "incompetent at sports" schtick after the second such QLthat I watched.

Don't worry, the 16-year-old anime girl will still sing to you when you feel lonely.

So in response to him saying he doesn't care for the "incompetent at sports" schtick, you implied he was a loser. Nice ad hominem. Where'd you learn that technique?

Was just the post I clicked quote on. Didn't call him a loser. Nice Latin, where'd you learn that?

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think the only way to heal this wound is to let Jeff and Miku to fight it out on SaltyBet. We need to relive the tension.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

I think the only way to heal this wound is to let Jeff and Miku to fight it out on SaltyBet. We need to relive the tension.

You idiot. You can't fix this problem with fighting. You need to fix it with love. Vocalove. Make Jeff the main character of a visual novel where he gets to date any Vocaloid he wishes. And at the end of each route, he becomes an alpaca.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@lackingsaint: I see. I really don't know if it's for me, but thanks for the clarification.

@amatureidiot said:

You idiot. You can't fix this problem with fighting. You need to fix it with love. Vocalove. Make Jeff the main character of a visual novel where he gets to date any Vocaloid he wishes. And at the end of each route, he becomes an alpaca.

Or at least have Miku fight someone:

Loading Video...

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By EXTomar

This thread is becoming more and more hilarious and should be transformed into a meme-counter-meme thread of weirdness! I completely agree with the thread-jack!

As for Miku, this is all you need to watch...

Loading Video...

I am under the impression no one from Finland can actually understand this either.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slashdance said:

@wikitoups said:

@evilsbane said:

@punkxblaze said:
No Caption Provided

No, dawg. All the way. Ride or die homie.

Subscriber's only

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the QL in question was hilarious, so I don't see what the problem is. And not that I ever want anything to do with it, but it certainly seemed informative enough. I think the only people upset are the ones way too familiar with Hatsune Miku.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

This thread is almost as entertaining as the Quick Look it's based off of. Almost, not quite. I come to most of Giant Bomb's video coverage with essentially two expectations. One is to see video games, and two is to laugh. That Quick Look delivered on both fronts in spades. Jeff is the master when it comes to making video games look way more ridiculous than they really are. Ya learn to relish the strange era in which we live. All he really needs to do is focus on cracking up Brad and it's instant comedy gold. If it offends Hatsune Miku fans that it made me laugh then I apologize. To make it up to you I brought you White Mask With Tongue. PUT IT ON!

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By DonPixel

Freak-takus are dangerous people, I wouldn't mess with them.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#269  Edited By Video_Game_King

@extomar:

I see your Finland and raise you a sushi:

Loading Video...

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make Jeff the main character of a visual novel where he gets to date any Vocaloid he wishes. And at the end of each route, he becomes an alpaca.

I feel like my reaction to this idea can only be expressed accurately in kaomoji.

☆*・゜゚・*\(*⌒∇⌒*)/*・゜゚・*☆

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#272  Edited By bigjeffrey

@sooty said:

I do find it a negative thing because the people who get overly annoyed by stuff like this, or who are obsessed with anime are incredibly annoying.

Like, I do Japanese and Chinese at university, I cannot get across in words how fucking annoying most of the people in the Japanese classes are, in Chinese however everyone actually seems normal.

When I say Japanophile it is 99.9% of the time just a replacement for "annoying person who likes Japan/Japanese things".

I have heard "nyaa" too many times in real life for one lifetime now.

OK, it's time to own up. Can you please point yourself out in this video.

Loading Video...

dude, this is the worst

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To make enrage more Finnish people:

Loading Video...

sadsadsad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Domo arigato Domino's, do you think Gerstman would have given a shit about any Miku product before this add?

Loading Video...

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I see this topic has run it's course.