Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Brad
Not this year's bonus item.
Blizzard just sent out a quick note proclaiming the availability of tickets for its sort-of-annual fan-orgy explosion BlizzCon on May 16, a week from this Saturday. Interested parties should hit up the official BlizzCon site, and get ready to spread their wallets for the $125 asking price. As usual, the two-day event will take place in sunny Anaheim, CA.

That may seem like a steep price for two days of Blizzard madness, but having been to one BlizzCon myself, I can assure you they do it up right with that thing. If you're a diehard Blizzard fan--or heck, even a diehard WOW player--there's no end of playable prerelease games, fan costumery, panels on WOW class balancing, and plenty of other nerdery. Like last year, you can also pony up a more modest $39.95 to DirecTV to watch "a minimum of eight hours" of the convention in high definition teevee. You'll get some kind of exclusive in-game WOW item if you sign on with the DirecTV promotion, though the press release doesn't mention what kind of bonus you can expect if you attend the show in person.

If you're down, I recommend you set them calendars, folks; these tickets usually go fast. A second block of tickets will be available May 30, but then, the early murloc gets the worm, no? Oh, it is to laugh.

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Brad
Blizzard just sent out a quick note proclaiming the availability of tickets for its sort-of-annual fan-orgy explosion BlizzCon on May 16, a week from this Saturday. Interested parties should hit up the official BlizzCon site, and get ready to spread their wallets for the $125 asking price. As usual, the two-day event will take place in sunny Anaheim, CA.

That may seem like a steep price for two days of Blizzard madness, but having been to one BlizzCon myself, I can assure you they do it up right with that thing. If you're a diehard Blizzard fan--or heck, even a diehard WOW player--there's no end of playable prerelease games, fan costumery, panels on WOW class balancing, and plenty of other nerdery. Like last year, you can also pony up a more modest $39.95 to DirecTV to watch "a minimum of eight hours" of the convention in high definition teevee. You'll get some kind of exclusive in-game WOW item if you sign on with the DirecTV promotion, though the press release doesn't mention what kind of bonus you can expect if you attend the show in person.

If you're down, I recommend you set them calendars, folks; these tickets usually go fast. A second block of tickets will be available May 30, but then, the early murloc gets the worm, no? Oh, it is to laugh.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ToxicFruit

i would love ot go to Blizzcon i just live to far away.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CL60
Toxic said:
"i would love ot go to Blizzcon i just live to far away."
Me too :(
Avatar image for relentlessknight
RelentlessKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By RelentlessKnight

I bet all the tickets is going to sold out in just one minute...Just like last year

Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Six

I would enjoy going to any trade show, but there are none near me, and i am poor.  so going all the way across the country is out of the question.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CL60
RelentlessKnight said:
"I bet all the tickets is going to sold out in just one minute...Just like last year "
The site will probably be broken too for a while.
Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Damn, I forgot the dates changed this year!!! Fuck...

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gamefreak9

yeah i was actually checking the site every day to find when they were going to be for sale last year but they were sold out instantly, i think only those who were refreshing the page every 10 min got them :P

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By toowalrus

If it wasn't on the other side of the fucking country, I'd SO drop $125.

Engine357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Engine357

Must be nice living 45 minutes from Anaheim :) Since I retired my Dual-Boxing Shaman team and Death Knight I'm really not interested in the WoW stuff, I'd rather playtest the Barbarian since Diablo III is more my cup of tea, though I'm sure whatever the item might be, you should Check my eBay acccount a few days after the show.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By maxszy

If I had the extra cash for a plane ticket and tickets, I'd go right away. From what I have seen and heard, if you are fan it is SO worth it. It looks awesome!

Little surprised though that they upped the cost $25 dollars in the middle of this whole economic mess. But its Blizzard, people will pay no matter what I guess.

DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By DukeTogo

I live 20 minutes away, but the admission is what keeps me from going.  If someone wants to pay my way in I'll mail them the bag of junk including all the gifts.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By mracoon

May 16 is my birthday! Shame I don't want to go to this event. The only real Blizzard game I'm interested in is Diablo 3 and that's a while away.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Kiemoe

Wow I can't believe it's time for Blizzcon already. It feels like just yesterday I was listening to Patton Oswalt's Blizzcon stand up (Actually, I really did listen to it just yesterday).

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Demyx

Living on the east coast, I couldn't go.

Blazer74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By Blazer74

Nothing more exciting than playing a vastly inferior RTS called Starcraft 2 or the slightly graphically upgraded Diablo 2 sequel known as Diablo 3. Or matbe you interesting the played out WoW still.

stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By stephengotlost

Yes, it is to laugh.

brydello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers