GiantBomb Fanboism is pure !!Fiction!!

Slaneesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Slaneesh

Fanboy as defined by me: A person who love something devotedly often to the point where they ignore reality in favor of theyre opinion.  

Now there was, maybe there still is, a time when alot of people were claiming that GiantBomb favored the Xbox 360 to the point of Fanboism (Yes it deserves its ows ISM).  Not considering the fact that they newer claimed to be reporters, is highly hope whoever thought this has reconsidered. 

From what i can recall of praise and positive talk from the bombcast, quicklooks etc., Giantbomb has bin praising PS3 games alot this year and with good reason i mind you.   
To me it seems pretty obvious whatever favor they give anything, it´s often pretty well justified.  

Geff might love achievements, making him play the 360, however theres no denying that a bunch of great PS3 exclusive games has come out this year. Hell im getting a slim just because i need to play all those games. (Uncharted, Pixeljunk, Infamous, MGS 4 and Heavy Rain when it comes out)

Do anyone disagree? Are there actually still people who think they Favor one side to the point of Fanboism. I think they favor whatever has the best games.
cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By cstrang

I don't think the staff favors any particular console.  I don't really think they ever did.  I could see a case for someone saying that the crew dislikes the Wii, but all of the crew's criticisms of the Wii are often in jest or valid.

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Interfect

I hear people say Brad and some times Vinny are Sony fanboy's.  But it's all fake. They are journalist then can't really be fanboys. Unless the site was called giantbomb360.com then. Well ya know.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Interfect said:
" I hear people say Brad and some times Vinny are Sony fanboy's.  But it's all fake. They are journalist then can't really be fanboys. Unless the site was called giantbomb360.com then. Well ya know. "
They're not journalists.  Even the Giant Bomb staff hate calling themselves journalists.  They're simply video game (enthusiast) press.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By xyzygy

With the forums, there are some people here who I can think of that just shout out things for their preferred console without backing it up, whether it be from jealousy or elitism. It is annoying and really makes them look bad. 

In terms of the staff I know that pretty much all of the quicklooks of Multiplatform games are done on 360, and I think Jeff stated that he just plays multiplatform games on the 360 only. There was a thread here not too long ago about this and someone managed to find that quote from somewhere, but until I can find that thread/quote, then... I dunno.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Akeldama

who is Geff?

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Interfect
@FluxWaveZ: 

Oh okay. I Didn't know that hated that term.
cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cstrang
@xyzygy said:
" In terms of the staff I know that pretty much all of the quicklooks of Multiplatform games are done on 360, and I think Jeff stated that he just plays multiplatform games on the 360 only. "
I'm the same way, though, and I wouldn't consider myself to be a Microsoft fanboy.  The achievement point system is just a hell of a gimmick.
ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By ZenaxPure

I'd say more than anything that the PS3 just had a good year for exclusives than other consoles in 2009, and this is coming from someone who doesn't even own one yet. Looking back though I am pretty excited to finally (hopefully) get one in 2010 to finish off my current gen console selection.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By xyzygy
@cstrang said:
" @xyzygy said:
" In terms of the staff I know that pretty much all of the quicklooks of Multiplatform games are done on 360, and I think Jeff stated that he just plays multiplatform games on the 360 only. "
I'm the same way, though, and I wouldn't consider myself to be a Microsoft fanboy.  The achievement point system is just a hell of a gimmick. "
What if it doesn't have to do with Achievements, I have no idea what it's based on. Maybe he just likes the controller better or something.
handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By handlas

I think they pefer their games on the 360 but I don't think that makes them fanboys...

that's just normal really to like something more than something else if the 2 things are different.  I tend to go back and forth.  I let my bro borrow my 360 for awhile so I start buying everything for PS3 and started to prefer to play everything on it.  Then I got my 360 back and bought a couple games recently and I've started playing everything on it.  Few years ago, I'd buy everything on PC but now my PC sux and I've kinda just moved over to consoles.

r0k1ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By r0k1ll
@Interfect said:
" I hear people say Brad and some times Vinny are Sony fanboy's.  But it's all fake. They are journalist then can't really be fanboys. Unless the site was called giantbomb360.com then. Well ya know. "
What if they started the site before the 360 came out, and named it that?
sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By sopranosfan

I have owned both systems for a while now and it has been funny to watch.  Let me first say that I openly prefer my 360 but only slightly.  But a couple of years ago every Sony fan claimed that every website was 360 biased and for the last 2 years everybody has claimed that every website is PS3 biased.  I can tell you why these claims were and are made... until 2 years ago the 360 had most of the best exclusives and now guess what the PS3 has most of the best exclusives. 

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By MildMolasses
@xyzygy said:
" @cstrang said:
" @xyzygy said:
I'm the same way, though, and I wouldn't consider myself to be a Microsoft fanboy.  The achievement point system is just a hell of a gimmick. "
What if it doesn't have to do with Achievements, I have no idea what it's based on. Maybe he just likes the controller better or something. "

Well Jeff is a pretty big point whore, but what he said about it is that he uses the 360 mainly because that's what most of the people he knows has, so in order to play with them, he uses it. And I'm in the same boat, most of my friends have 360 (and 1 or 2 have PS3) so in order to play with them I get games for the 360. 

And the point system is a hell of a gimmick. I've invested too much into it to try and build anew with trophies
Avatar image for dancedancekennypants
DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geff Jerstmann is awesome.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Shadow

Show me your papers
Show me your papers
djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By djstyles92
@DanceDanceKennypants said:
" Geff Jerstmann is awesome. "
Yeah I love that guy!
Slaneesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Slaneesh
@djstyles92 said:

" @DanceDanceKennypants said:

" Geff Jerstmann is awesome. "
Yeah I love that guy! "
Main reason i came to giantbomb in the first place.

- I might be a tiny Jeff Fanboy. Not glad to admit it though.