#1 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

I'm in the mood for some good PC horror games. I was looking to get Penumbra, but my laptop can't run it very well. I'd prefer something a bit older, if possible. 

I've played System Shock 2, and I'll probably play Undying. Is there anything else worth playing?

Here's the laptop I'm using by the way:
LINK

#2 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3482 posts) -
#3 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

Amnesia: DD

#4 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -
@Jayross said:
" Amnesia: DD "
It doesn't work with Intel Graphics cards. I already own it but can't play it :(

@mylifeforAiur:  I'll check those out, thanks
#5 Posted by CrashRHCP (25 posts) -

Theres Silent Hill 2, 3, 4 and 5 and of course The Suffering 1 and 2. 
I highly recommend playing this ones.

#6 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan
@Jayross said:
" Amnesia: DD "
It doesn't work with Intel Graphics cards. I already own it but can't play it :(

@mylifeforAiur:  I'll check those out, thanks
Hmm.. That's interesting. :/
#7 Posted by Kiro_LeMark (64 posts) -

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is awesome, Penumbra, Cryostasis,  

If you're looking for a good tense or creepy atmosphere, F.E.A.R. is pretty good. Sanitarium, Lost Crown, Dark Fall.  

That's all that comes to mind right now, aside from what's already been mentioned.

#8 Posted by MonetaryDread (1992 posts) -

I don't believe it is on steam or anything, yet if you can find it it's  worth playing.
#9 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Fear, silent hill 2, 3.

#10 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Depends on what you're looking for. You know what I just played recently? Yume Nikki. Shit is fucked up.

#11 Posted by GhostlyEnigma (253 posts) -

Whatever you do, just don't play it's sequel.
#12 Edited by Jeust (10477 posts) -
  • Alone in the Dark (despite the reviews, I'm playing it and it is pretty good)
  • Condemned
  • Obscure 1 & 2
  • Dead Space
  • Fear 1 & 2
  • Bioshock 1 & 2
  • Sanitarium
  • Resident Evil 1-4
  • Silent Hill 1-5
  • Nocturne
  • Clive Baker's Undying
#13 Posted by mushyhands (38 posts) -

since you already have Undying in your queue...how about Condemned? It draws a lot of influences from Se7en the film, which is great. The game is rad, a lot of hitting hobos with pipes.

#14 Posted by FinalCut (94 posts) -

Scratches, Darkfall: Lost Souls, and Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth are my best suggestions. Scratches has so much atmosphere it is easily my favourite of the suggestions.

#15 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I think I'll go with Cthulhu first, since it's on Steam and I like Lovecraft. I'll keep track of this thread in case I ever need ideas on what to play though.