#1 Posted by natedawg_kz (234 posts) -

A bit of a weird question, I was wondering what video games are good to play in small chunks. I usually play PlayStation All-Stars and Dirt 3 when i have 15 mins to spare before going out or something but i got every trophy in PS All-Stars and completed all the content in Dirt 3( including DLC).

Any games that you guys could reccomend that would be suitable to play in short sessions?

#2 Posted by Arabes (338 posts) -

Atom Zombie Smasher

#3 Posted by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

Many of the older save anywhere first person shooters (quake, half life 1/2, doom, republic commando, Fear) all break up pretty well into short fight sequences. Aside from that, super meat boy / hotline miami / Mario U type games also work, although those are arguably better when you go for a longer sort of session.

#4 Edited by believer258 (11628 posts) -

Super Meat Boy. Angry Birds. 2D Mario games.

#5 Edited by Pikawai (135 posts) -
  • Beat Hazard
  • Faerie Solitaire
  • Super Meat Boy
#6 Posted by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

Angry Birds
Plants vs Zombies
The Sims Freeplay
The Simpsons Tapped Out
Black Ops II

#7 Posted by rentacop (107 posts) -

Most games on the Vita are perfect for this and aren't limited to a genre or two. Unit 13, LBP:V, DJMAX, Dokuro, Wipeout, and AC:Liberation are a few from the top of my head. It also allows you to basically pause the game when you hit standby so you can continue at any time.

#8 Posted by TheHT (10871 posts) -
  • Wizorb
  • Arkham City (challenge rooms)
  • WipeOut (the racing game)
  • Lumines
  • Bejeweled
  • Skyrim
  • Trackmania Stadium (any really, but the Stadium beta is free to play for now)

Those are what I play in small chunks, besides All-Stars which you already talked about.

#9 Edited by LackingSaint (1770 posts) -

XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Since everything in that game is so intense, a single mission can eat like 20 minutes of your time and exhaust you for the day. I tend to do a couple missions a day.

#10 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Super Hexagon is the perfect small-chunk game. You'll destroy yourself trying to marathon that game.