Gotham City Impostors is now free-to-play

Gantrathor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Gantrathor

I just saw it pop up on Steam. I'm trying to decide if I want to download it or not.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's pretty mediocre, so no? That is unless you have nothing else to do with your life.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By 49th

It should have been free from the start. I can't imagine there are many people still playing it now.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By GERALTITUDE

I guess I'll try in the next few months if its lifespan equals my laziness.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

If the game could carry more than 16 players and had mod support, I could see this game having the life and longevity of something like TF2. Sadly, no one wants to be Valve for some reason. Probably because it isn't profitable or something, I dunno. But yet, Gabe's a billionaire.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cmblasko

@Tru3_Blu3: I'm sure there is plenty they would like to do with the game, but they just don't have the resources that Valve do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmblasko said:

@Tru3_Blu3: I'm sure there is plenty they would like to do with the game, but they just don't have the resources that Valve do.

Valve had those resources even before Steam. Look at HL1 and the various mods and games it spawned.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShaggE

Nice! I was always just short of taking the plunge, since I didn't want another Bloody Good Time on my hands (fun game, dead-ass community). Downloading now.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By MooseyMcMan

It was free on PlayStation Plus for a while.

@Gantrathor: You're not the only one. I just lucked out because my awful typo was in a blog post that I could rename.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Justin258

@Tru3_Blu3 said:

If the game could carry more than 16 players and had mod support, I could see this game having the life and longevity of something like TF2. Sadly, no one wants to be Valve for some reason. Probably because it isn't profitable or something, I dunno. But yet, Gabe's a billionaire.

This probably isn't well explained because I'm too tired, but there's a fundamental difference between Valve's success and the success of other publishers, and I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with Valve seemingly wanting to keep people consistently happy instead of only happy as long as you're buying the super-special edition of their newest game. For an example, look at how much they've improved Steam - they could have just kept it as "something that you have to use to play Valve games" but instead they made it much better and now you can't PC game without it.

tallTuck94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tallTuck94

I played it on PS3 and found it to be pretty enjoyable flying around the maps dive bombing people. It's definitely worth playing if it's free to play. Although last time I tried to play about a month ago it was deserted and that was days after the new map and DLC launched.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@Zacagawea said:

It's pretty mediocre, so no? That is unless you have nothing else to do with your life.

Actually it was really fun while it lasted. Mediocre? No. Flawless? Definitely not.

Gantrathor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gantrathor

@MooseyMcMan: Yeah, I hate English.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mcfart

Didn't GB like it during the Quicklook? I might try it on PC.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@Gantrathor: I found it to be alot of fun!

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

For those of us that bought the paid version, the developers gave us VII(Very Important Impostor) status and all unlocks up to pro level.

This means most things are already unlocked and if you bought any of the DLC for the paid version, costumes or XP boost, those carry over to the Free to Play version.

Also I have a Double XP code, but since I had it from the paid version, I can't use it. Anyone want it?