#1 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

Are we going to get to make our own official lists and then the engineers count the votes like in 2010 or am I just supposed to make my own list that nobody will ever see?

#2 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

Probably not this year. Alexis did that last time, as I recall, and he is busy at work on the new site.

#3 Posted by Nightriff (4866 posts) -

I thought about it....just too much going on for me to do it

#4 Posted by ajamafalous (11817 posts) -

Maybe they've still got that code lying around, but I'm pretty sure the new site launches in December, so it's probably not high on their priority list.

#5 Posted by Winternet (8002 posts) -

Will have to wait for the official word. Then we know for sure.

Also, won't it be something like this:

1. Persona 4 Golden

2. to 10. whatever

#6 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

We could do community voting in January too. There is no reason it has to be done before the end of the year.

#7 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5135 posts) -

Unless they deleted the code for some crazy reason it should be pretty easy to make the voting with the lists like last year.

#8 Posted by ajamafalous (11817 posts) -
@Kerned said:

We could do community voting in January too. There is no reason it has to be done before the end of the year.

THEN IT WOULDN'T BE GAME OF THE YEAR
 
GOLY 2013 AWARDS, ONLY ON GIANT BOMB
 
 
@Mr_Skeleton said:

Unless they deleted the code for some crazy reason it should be pretty easy to make the voting with the lists like last year.

Dave's mentioned a couple times that they're having to build the new site "from scratch." I'm pretty sure that's because the Whiskey stuff went with BermaBraun, and is partially the reason for a new site redesign in the first place.
#9 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5135 posts) -

@ajamafalous: I doubt the full site will be out before January so there is plenty of time to do the voting before that.

#10 Posted by JacDG (2113 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton said:

Unless they deleted the code for some crazy reason it should be pretty easy to make the voting with the lists like last year.

Was there one last year? I remember them not doing the entire "list" thing as they did the year before and with some E3 stuff.

#11 Posted by ajamafalous (11817 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton said:

@ajamafalous: I doubt the full site will be out before January so there is plenty of time to do the voting before that.

I was also pretty sure I saw Dave say that the site beta was only going to be around for like a week or two before the redesign launches, but I might be totally wrong on that one.
#12 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4674 posts) -

I hope so

#13 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

Would love to see they make something, doesn't have to be fancy or anything just simple voting.

#14 Posted by BeachThunder (11649 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

Probably not this year. Alexis did that last time, as I recall, and he is busy at work on the new site.

It was actually that did last year. I think he really did an amazing job and organising everyone and putting it all together.

#15 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -
@BeachThunder

@Dagbiker said:

Probably not this year. Alexis did that last time, as I recall, and he is busy at work on the new site.

It was actually that did last year. I think he really did an amazing job and organising everyone and putting it all together.

I don't even remember that last year.
#16 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

Probably not. :/

#17 Posted by spankingaddict (2655 posts) -

LETS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#18 Posted by PenguinDust (12443 posts) -

Someone could always take it upon themselves to create a series of polls, tournament style, where the winner gets to advance to the next round with the GOTY being the final victor.

#19 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2990 posts) -

I vote seaman for 2012's 2000 game of the year!

#20 Posted by BeachThunder (11649 posts) -

@PenguinDust said:

Someone could always take it upon themselves to create a series of polls, tournament style, where the winner gets to advance to the next round with the GOTY being the final victor.

I suppose that could work, but the thing I really love about end of year stuff is seeing everyone's lists, not just seeing one specific winner.

#21 Posted by Animasta (14638 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@BeachThunder

@Dagbiker said:

Probably not this year. Alexis did that last time, as I recall, and he is busy at work on the new site.

It was actually that did last year. I think he really did an amazing job and organising everyone and putting it all together.

I don't even remember that last year.

I don't think Alexis was even on the site two years ago

#22 Posted by ThatFrood (3373 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@Dagbiker said:

@BeachThunder

@Dagbiker said:

Probably not this year. Alexis did that last time, as I recall, and he is busy at work on the new site.

It was actually that did last year. I think he really did an amazing job and organising everyone and putting it all together.

I don't even remember that last year.

I don't think Alexis was even on the site two years ago

Hey, good idea. I'll start this up again. I'll work on the thread and post the rules again. What are people's thoughts on deadlines? Before new years or after?

#23 Posted by BeachThunder (11649 posts) -

@ThatFrood said:

@Animasta said:

@Dagbiker said:

@BeachThunder

@Dagbiker said:

Probably not this year. Alexis did that last time, as I recall, and he is busy at work on the new site.

It was actually that did last year. I think he really did an amazing job and organising everyone and putting it all together.

I don't even remember that last year.

I don't think Alexis was even on the site two years ago

Hey, good idea. I'll start this up again. I'll work on the thread and post the rules again. What are people's thoughts on deadlines? Before new years or after?

I guess just before New Years, people seem to care most about GOTY stuff while the year is still going...

#24 Posted by Animasta (14638 posts) -

yeah, before, so you can post them when they post their overall top 10 list.

#25 Posted by LordAndrew (14419 posts) -

Well, they're probably never doing this ever again.