Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Hayt

Hey guys,

Last night I finished Ori and the Blind Forest on PC (great game) but in the last 2 hours I was playing it started to have an issue where it'd minimize and would fail to refocus. It'd keep running and although I could hear the sound and still control, I couldn't see anything. The game had been a bit funky early on (randomly awarding achievements on boot) so I attributed this to the game and soldiered on. Then I noticed while watching a video my driver had an error a few times, like 3 times in the 45 minutes I was viewing the video

No Caption Provided

So I rolled back the driver figuring the new one they pushed for Batman is maybe a bit funky for my setup.

Started playing KOTOR 2 (with the restored content mod, nothing else) because I wanted to replay that and got some SUPER bad artifacts. Looked totally normal then into a menu and out and I saw picture below.

No Caption Provided

So I think "Fuck", quickly shut the game check my temps (totally normal, well under load temp) and touch the case and it's cold, so it's not my card cooking as I feared. I boot Wolfenstein The Old Blood to check if my card is doing this across the board and it runs fine, no artifacts or even driver drop outs.

So what's happening here? Is it my driver dying but only for youtube video and very specific videogames or is it just luck that these 2 games I've played very close to each other have issues?

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The most recent couple of releases from Nvidia have been pretty dodgy for a lot of their users. I'd probably do an full uninstall then clear things away with DDU, then revert to something like 350.12.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@korwin: Thanks for the suggestion. I was away from my computer over the weekend and only had a chance to try it now and well... I seem to have a new set of issues.

Namely my hard drive seems fucked all of a sudden. Load times are insane. Like Wolf Among Us took 2+ mins to load and so to check if it was just that game I booted Wolfenstein (which I tried last time to test the driver errors) and that took so long to load I actually force quit to come post here instead.

I used DDU to remove my driver and got an older one but boy things seem to be unraveling here.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SMART and Defraggler both say its in Good health so I might run a full defrag and see if anything changes.Pretty puzzled though