Great games that people missed in 2010.

raghraghragh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By raghraghragh

So Mass Effect 2 and Red Dead were the two big winners during the majority of GOTY awards announced by gaming websites and magazines, but what game you played during 2010 failed to get a look in by most gamers? 

Without a doubt I'd say Metro 2033. I adored the whole 'Bioshock-meets-Stalker' feeling of the game, despite the less than stellar gunplay. Running a close second would be Yakuza 3, which had a huge amount of content and was often laugh out loud funny.  

What about you guys?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder

=D Amnesia. I get scared just by thinking about it (although, it could have been a lot scarier - I await Frictional's next game o:)

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By subject2change

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, wasn't totally missed but it's in my Top 3.
Vanquish, was scratched off quickly by GB but I really enjoyed it.
Alan Wake, wasn't ignored but again was quite good.

Personally disliked Metro 2033, I gave up about half way through it on PC.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Enigma777

Singularity 
Vanquish 
Split/Second

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By shirogane

Yakuza 3 was awesome, oh man, that game was great. 

Resonance of Fate is both awesome and horrible, but most people didn't pay it any attention. 

Nier was also another game that was pretty good, in a sense. The world, characters and the story is just great in a horrible depressing way you'll never find in any other game.
raghraghragh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By raghraghragh
@Shirogane said:

" Yakuza 3 was awesome, oh man, that game was great.  Resonance of Fate is both awesome and horrible, but most people didn't pay it any attention.  Nier was also another game that was pretty good, in a sense. The world, characters and the story is just great in a horrible depressing way you'll never find in any other game. "

I've been meaning to pick up Nier and Resonance, but most places still have them full price at the moment... that, and I only picked up Lost Odyssey this year, which I've NEARLY finished (just a bit of grinding to do before I can fight the final bosses).    
02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By 02sfraser

3D Dot Game Heroes was great fun and had it's fair wee challenge behind it as well. Especially for some of the swords to collect.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Geno

As OP mentioned, Metro 2033 was a big one. Very atmospheric, best graphics of the year, and just a solid game all around. If people had the mind to play anything else but Call of Duty and Halo, they would easily appreciate this game. 

Alpha Protocol is another one. It's got its quirks - movement animation is a little wonky and the AI is a little dumb - but its gameplay, voice acting and graphics are all on par with ME2. It's not a title that should've been nominated for GOTY, but it's definitely a great game that got under-scored by reviewers.

Just Cause 2 is also one worth mentioning. Insanely large cohesive world meets open-ended gameplay meets ridiculous voice acting and scenarios. Taking 10 minutes to grapple up a huge mountain, wreaking havoc in small villages and driving a bus off a waterfall are all singular gameplay experiences. Another underrated and overlooked game.

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#9  Edited By psykhophear
Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Sayishere
@BeachThunder said:
" =D Amnesia. I get scared just by thinking about it (although, it could have been a lot scarier - I await Frictional's next game o:) "
so freaking true

ive never been scared in a game for a while!

the last time i got this scared was when i first played resident evil 2 when i was young