Groupon CEO references Battletoads in his resignation letter

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Groupon CEO Andrew Mason was fired recently, and in his farewell letter to his employees he compared his time with the company to the NES game Battletoads. That's an awfully deep reference for a corporate resignation letter. I think I like this guy.

I'm OK with having failed at this part of the journey. If Groupon was Battletoads, it would be like I made it all the way to the Terra Tubes without dying on my first ever play through. I am so lucky to have had the opportunity to take the company this far with all of you.

Andrew Mason
Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MariachiMacabre

That's pretty cool. It's also really sad to see how much that company is tanking because I think the idea is a great one.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That is fucking fantastic. He's an okay dude in my book.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By buft

They had some pretty shadey stuff going down a while back here in the uk, pretty good reference though

Blackmoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Good reference. For more information about the Groupon tankage though, the Verge has a good article about that nonsense.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Hunh, well that was a pretty solid and honest letter actually. A little perhaps too unprofessional for a publicly traded company, but refreshingly frank.