Guild Wars 2 & Finals

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

Edited By mrhankey

Ok so I'm finishing up my 1st semester of College, so far straight As, just need to keep the momentum through the next week and two days and i'll be solid. Anyways, because i only have my gaming pc at the dorm in the middle of the semester (not the beginning or end, that's when i establish momentum) i have been browsing the web to keep my video game addiction sated. Anyways, i found LoL, otherwise known as League of Legends and my little laptop is currently downloading it. It's like DoTa and it looks like it uses the same game engine as warcraft, but it also looks like a lot of fun. So in the late late hours of this coming week or so, when i've exhausted my desire to study my dorm mate and i will be playing this lovely game, hopefully it's a gem.

Now to the real reason why i typed this up, i want to make everyone aware of the fact that Shacknews has a new GW2 video and interview that outlines a lot of cool tidbits for us Guild War players:  

(Tell me what you all think!)
 http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/61484 

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mrhankey

Ok so I'm finishing up my 1st semester of College, so far straight As, just need to keep the momentum through the next week and two days and i'll be solid. Anyways, because i only have my gaming pc at the dorm in the middle of the semester (not the beginning or end, that's when i establish momentum) i have been browsing the web to keep my video game addiction sated. Anyways, i found LoL, otherwise known as League of Legends and my little laptop is currently downloading it. It's like DoTa and it looks like it uses the same game engine as warcraft, but it also looks like a lot of fun. So in the late late hours of this coming week or so, when i've exhausted my desire to study my dorm mate and i will be playing this lovely game, hopefully it's a gem.

Now to the real reason why i typed this up, i want to make everyone aware of the fact that Shacknews has a new GW2 video and interview that outlines a lot of cool tidbits for us Guild War players:  

(Tell me what you all think!)
 http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/61484 

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Geno

LoL is decent but they need to improve their anti-leeching system. Most games I join have at least 1 or 2 people afk in order to leech points (since you get points win or lose), which ruins the experience. Such people need to be permabanned if they do it more than a couple times. Other than that it has a great art style and pretty diverse gameplay.   

And yeah I'm pretty excited about the new GW2 trailer as well, but I'm waiting until I can get home to watch it.

Hope you do well on your exams, I'm in the same crunch myself at the moment.
Protoroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Protoroll
@mrhankey: 
Duder, I am also finishing up my first semester of college and I did the same thing and downloaded LoL to my laptop about two months ago. (I have a 360 as well) Your story is so similar to my I have to wonder who was watching who
No Caption Provided

But anyway do well on your finals and enjoy LoL, it's pretty fun. Also do you play the original Guild Wars? I was thinking about getting it and wanted to know what it is like.
Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Cerza

Good luck finishing your first semester. I can't comment on LoL as I haven't played it. I saw that trailer for GW2 over at MMORPG.com earlier, but they didn't have any added commentary or anything on it thanks for the link. I want GW2 so badly. I can't wait for it to come out.

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mrhankey
@Protoroll: I did play the original Guild Wars, in fact i have all of them, definitely worth getting to sate your thirst if you think you'll like GW. I don't play it anymore because after 300 hours it got old, :).

@Cerza: The wait is also killing me, it feels like this is the game i've wanted for decades.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

Man, I can't wait for Guild Wars 2!