skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By skrutop
Linky

The Guitar Hero train rolls on.  Guitar Hero 5 was announced, but it's not the same thing as Band Hero, which will be a "family-friendly" version, ala LEGO Rock Band.  Weird.  Guitar Hero 5 is supposed to have the ability to swap out bandmates, difficulties, and instruments on the fly.  This would be a great addition for online play, depending on how it's implemented.  People dropping from songs is my biggest beef with Rock Band's online band play.

This all comes on the heel of NPD data that showed a marked drop sales for the music genre (link).  Given the number of Guitar Heroes (as well as the upcoming DJ Hero), it makes me wonder how much longer Activision can keep up the flurry of releases.  Or how long Harmonix can get away without updating their Rock Band platform.
TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 29

#2  Edited By TobyD81

How do they mean switching instruments on the fly? I know I'd have a hard time swapping from guitar to drums in the middle of a song. That means something else, right?

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Ben_H

You forgot Guitar Hero: Van Halen which is slated for release this year sometime.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ben_H

You forgot Guitar Hero: Van Halen which is slated for release this year sometime.

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By PercyChuggs

I've got a Guitar controller. I have a GameRang rental account. Keep the GH and RB games coming, as far as I am concerned.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By dsplayer1010

*facepalm*

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24

Stupid. The whole Band Hero idea sounds very bad to me, and since when have little kids had problems getting hands on Guitar Hero even with its "very mature" T rating? This all doesn't make sense. I am going to stick with Rock Band 2 from now and....well, ever unless there is a music game that I HAVE to get. I got GH: Metallica because I love the band and it is the best Guitar Hero game since the 2nd one, so that is where I make an exception. I say no to GH5, Band Hero, DJ Hero, and I am a maybe on Lego Rock Band. I will wait to hear more about it ;)

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By skrutop
RHCPfan24 said:
"Stupid. The whole Band Hero idea sounds very bad to me, and since when have little kids had problems getting hands on Guitar Hero even with its "very mature" T rating?"
We met someone today whose 3-year old kid was singing Sabotage, because he played Rock Band.  Didn't seem like too much of a deal to any of us.
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By maxszy

Too many Guitar Hero games. *sigh*

Though I wouldn't expect Activision to do anything less than milk it into the ground till its completely run out of steam. *cough* Tony Hawk *cough*

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I think I remember people speculating on this possibility before. If I remember correctly, it was thought that GH5 would only have guitars and would focus on cranking up the difficulty and playing some of the most wicked guitar work. Meanwhile, Band Hero will follow the style of Rock Band and much like GH: World Tour, it will include a mic and drums, and will be more accessible to everyone.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By carlthenimrod
TobyD81 said:
"How do they mean switching instruments on the fly? I know I'd have a hard time swapping from guitar to drums in the middle of a song. That means something else, right?"

New peripheral for Band Hero
New peripheral for Band Hero
skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By skrutop
TobyD81 said:
"How do they mean switching instruments on the fly? I know I'd have a hard time swapping from guitar to drums in the middle of a song. That means something else, right?"
You could do something like pause the song, switch out instruments, and then unpause and play as the new instrument.  Or something like that.  When they say "on the fly," I envision it meaning that you can change up the band without having to reload the song or go back out to the main menu.