has compile heart or idea factory ever made any good games

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thesonygamer12

i mean from what ive seen none of there games are any good and are just there to keep the lolicon fans happy

so i wanted to ask have compile heart of idea factory ever made anything that's worth playing because i cant see any of there games being any more than utter crap

and if you like these games thats fine i just dont so im not judging people for what they like just so where clear

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

"Lolicon fans"

Well, you're off to a banging start here. Compile Heart's games aren't superb, but their better games are decently entertaining even though they tend to fall short frequently.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

"If you guys like these games, that's fine. I have no problems with you lolicon fans and your lolicon."

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

"Lolicon fans"

Well, you're off to a banging start here. Compile Heart's games aren't superb, but their better games are decently entertaining even though they tend to fall short frequently.

meh maybe its just me i dont see these games as anything that id love

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"If you guys like these games, that's fine. I have no problems with you lolicon fans and your lolicon."

well yeah people are entitled to there opinions

and i wasnt using it as a insult but i mean just look at some of compiles games for once

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Few of Compile Heart's games evoke any strong feelings from me. I'm mostly apathetic.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Bocam

No they haven't. In Japan, Idea Factory (アイディアファクトリー) is so renowned for making kusoge (shit games) it's affectionately referred to as Idea Fuck (アイディアファック); not so much the place where ideas are born, rather where they go to be ruined.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@thesonygamer12: That's fine if they aren't your taste. Needlessly insulting those that do like CH games with baseless accusations is not.

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocam said:

No they haven't. In Japan, Idea Factory (アイディアファクトリー) is so renowned for making kusoge (shit games) it's affectionately referred to as Idea Fuck (アイディアファック); not so much the place where ideas are born, rather

where they go to be ruined.

lol XD

i mean nis america and gust sure they aint perfect by any means neserserry but atleast there effort put into there games and they feel like jrpgs instead of some strange loli fest like idea factory

even ar tonelico qoga which was overssexualised as hell was 1000 times better than what idea factory or compile make and id play that over what they make any day

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SomeJerk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idea_Factory - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compile_Heart

ahahahahahaha NO. Monster Monpiece is the grossest fucking thing that loliconfreaks will love, hard to believe they edited (cut) cards away with what made it through, I have no problem watching most anime and even taking it with kneeslapping laughter but Monster Monpiece is flat out disturbing with its art. But congrats those who enjoy it, ick.

What we need localized are the titles with actual game to them instead of just "hay there people who dont know how to get creepy shit on the internet, you can buy this game we localized for you", hopefully that comes in the future maybe with some BC service. Missed out on a lot of good on the 8-16 bit consoles that never made it here just because of decisions made by suits, in all genres.

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somejerk said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idea_Factory - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compile_Heart

ahahahahahaha NO. Monster Monpiece is the grossest fucking thing that loliconfreaks will love, hard to believe they edited (cut) cards away with what made it through, I have no problem watching most anime and even taking it with kneeslapping laughter but Monster Monpiece is flat out disturbing with its art. But congrats those who enjoy it, ick.

see this is what i mean pointless lolicon for no reason

i have no problem with lolita if its not sxualised (like atelier for example i have no problem playing those games) but when its to much its really to much

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Most of their games are pretty low budget but I've enjoyed a few of them like Cross Edge and Trinity Universe.

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By thesonygamer12

@demoskinos said:

Most of their games are pretty low budget but I've enjoyed a few of them like Cross Edge and Trinity Universe.

well not all companys have big budgets (i mean look at persona 4 sometime) its more the overuse of lolicon

oh and in defence fo trinity universe it was also made by nis and gust to companys i dont mind so yeah but its basicly just what happens if disgaea met atelier so yeah XD

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought record of agarest war was good, but very challenging. A bit too hard cause that game did effectively break me when it first came out on 360. So many mechanics and skill up requirements. It was tough, but I would say that game has good qualities. Of course going by the perfectly balanced discourse in here that makes CH/IF fans look like pedophiles I would say this "question" was presented in the most toxic way possible.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I personally think Neptunia (the first one) had fantastic hilarious writing for being a mediocre anime dungeon crawler.

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfgame said:

I thought record of agarest war was good, but very challenging. A bit too hard cause that game did effectively break me when it first came out on 360. So many mechanics and skill up requirements. It was tough, but I would say that game has good qualities. Of course going by the perfectly balanced discourse in here that makes CH/IF fans look like pedophiles I would say this "question" was presented in the most toxic way possible.

meh disgaea is better and the character designs just put me off the game

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Curse of the Great Curry God looks phoned in but not terrible, although it does feature little girls which is a big no-no.

The former Disgaea director is working on Makai Shin Trillion which I was initially interested in but it's starting to sound more and more like Criminal Girls which was criminally boring.

von_wemberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But I really like Fairy Fencer F...

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By thesonygamer12

But I really like Fairy Fencer F...

ok that ill admit looks good but thats it

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

How dare you besmirch the name of mai waifu Nep Nep! *slap*

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally think Neptunia (the first one) had fantastic hilarious writing for being a mediocre anime dungeon crawler.

i found it painful to sit through

disgaea is far funnier than neptunia will ever be

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By dagas

Their games have some fun moments if you are willing to look past them not being great all the time.

I've played Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, Record of Agarest War 2 and Mugen Souls. I can not honestly say they are good games. They all have something in common. They have overpowered weapons as DLC that once you download you can play through like it is on ultra easy mode to just enjoy the story. The story however is nothing great and a lot of the time is idle banter that seems to serve no perticular purpose. But then there are moments when it is funny, but they are few and far between.

Gust and Nippon Icchi make better games. I know Disgaea is well loved and I love the Atelier games.

I can have fun even with games that are not great. I am playing Valhalla Knights 3 on my Vita and enoying that despite it having a crap score of 48/100 on metacritic. I also just got White Knight Chronicles 2 which I like despite it not having great review scores.

They make games with boobies so if you like such things you may like their games. Here is a picture of my favorite in Neptunia, Vert.

No Caption Provided

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Their games are absolutely stupid. I will never understand who they appeal to or why they exist. I'm sure they're out there somewhere, but man...

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy said:

Their games are absolutely stupid. I will never understand who they appeal to or why they exist. I'm sure they're out there somewhere, but man...

they probably exists for fan of those types of games XD

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#26  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I'm glad they exist, because then I can read incredibly angry articles describing the general awfulness of games like Record of Agarest War or Hyperdimension Neptunia. I figure if those games can be consistently terrible and still attract an audience large enough to warrant localization, they must be doing something right (that something usually involving sexualized anime ladies and boob mousepads).

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad they exist, because then I can read incredibly angry articles describing the general awfulness of games like Record of Agarest War or Hyperdimension Neptunia. I figure if those games can be consistently terrible and still attract an audience large enough to warrant localization, they must be doing something right (that something usually involving sexualized anime ladies and boob mousepads).

well i guess there entertaining someone out there

i just cant stand the company myself (but ill admit fairy fencer f actually looks pretty good so we will wait and see)

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagas said:

Their games have some fun moments if you are willing to look past them not being great all the time.

I've played Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, Record of Agarest War 2 and Mugen Souls. I can not honestly say they are good games. They all have something in common. They have overpowered weapons as DLC that once you download you can play through like it is on ultra easy mode to just enjoy the story. The story however is nothing great and a lot of the time is idle banter that seems to serve no perticular purpose. But then there are moments when it is funny, but they are few and far between.

Gust and Nippon Icchi make better games. I know Disgaea is well loved and I love the Atelier games.

I can have fun even with games that are not great. I am playing Valhalla Knights 3 on my Vita and enoying that despite it having a crap score of 48/100 on metacritic. I also just got White Knight Chronicles 2 which I like despite it not having great review scores.

They make games with boobies so if you like such things you may like their games. Here is a picture of my favorite in Neptunia, Vert.

No Caption Provided

The games still dont appeal to me regardless

sometimes if i don't like a art style of a game it kinda makes it hard for me to like the game

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I will defend Hyperdimension Neptunia to the death.

I will never call it a good game.

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will defend Hyperdimension Neptunia to the death.

I will never call it a good game.

I do admit i don't think hyperdemension neptunia was bad enough to get a 3/10 from gamespot but its still a bad game regardless (maybe it is more 5/10 bad though).

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Mugen Souls (from what little I have played) was really funny. The jokes about the hero and how he acts in JRPG's is pretty good satire. Gameplay wise though it is not that good.

It says something that despite me not being able to say they are good games I still plan on maybe getting the remake of Hyperdimension Neptunia on Vita and I have both Trinity Universe and Cross Edge on my wish list. But there are games I want before that. Demon Gaze for example. I've really been into JRPGs that feel like anime lately and not too many of those are super good but somehow it is a genre I am now into. I wish someone made a really great anime inspired JRPG.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By EXTomar

Trinity Universe is a prototypical game for these guys because it does two things:

- It is quite dreadful in most ways from combat to presentation to mechanics to story to progression where there are episodes of Blues Clues that are better constructed.

- It has one really good thing about it that was probably stumbled upon more than designed.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@wolfgame said:

That game scared me. Those cutscenes were terrifying.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Idea fuck, as it is affectionately referred to in Japan, is a very reputable company.

Dentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what you're talking about. Agarest was like in the top 5 of last gen.

I mean, a battle system that NEVER EVER grew repetitive, a memorable cast of clichés, anunrewarding crafting system, and more! It even had DLC to alleviate the early game grind! That's, like, the best thing ever!

Well actually, that's the only Idea Factory game I've ever played. So I guess they're like the best developper around.

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idea fuck, as it is affectionately referred to in Japan, is a very reputable company.

haha lol idea fuck best name ever XD

i do hope fairy fencer f is good though because i still believe they can make good games (the fact some of the people who made idea factory used to work for data east shows they still potential)