Has Microsoft Finally done it????????????

Avatar image for byron_orpheus08
Byron_Orpheus08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Byron_Orpheus08

I just got done watching Attack Of The Show on G4 and i saw on the crawler that the xbox 360 has sold out in Japan, so i just wanted to see what you guys think of this because we all know that Microsoft had problems selling its boxes in Japan from day one. Personally i think it's just a momentary spike in sales and it won't effect the dismal failure that is the xbox 360 sales in Japan.  and before you  guys say anything about FF XIII then i am sure you know it by now that the 360 version of the game will not come out in Japan so it wont effect any sales relating to that gam, but MS has been working hard on dumping mountain loads of money on any Japanese developer so maybe it will finally change the mind of the Japanese gamer.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

I'm not sure Microsoft cares about the Japanese segment.  It's only a small segment of the overall market.

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By twenty0ne
MB said:
"I'm not sure Microsoft cares about the Japanese segment.  It's only a small segment of the overall market."
Not caring about the Japanese market? I believe you have your facts wrong.
Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Patchinko
twenty0ne said:
"MB said:
"I'm not sure Microsoft cares about the Japanese segment.  It's only a small segment of the overall market."
Not caring about the Japanese market? I believe you have your facts wrong."
Certainly not as concerned with it as they are with the US market. Rightfully so.

The sell-out in Japan is true. It's because a couple of very anticipated JRPGs came out for it all at once. However, keep in mind that it's not like selling out in the United States. There are far fewer units on the shelves in Japan at any given time.
Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Shawn
twenty0ne said:
"MB said:
They care to the extent where they go "we've established a good market in US, but there's still a large demographic of gamers that live in Japan, let's try to reach out to them while still keeping a firm hand on our US market."
Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Riddler
twenty0ne said:
"MB said:

They dont care for it as much as US and Europe, cause those markets are bigger than japan.

but yeah, they still managed to sell out thanks to Tales of Vesperia...............EXCLUSIVE JRPGS, them are some serious shit in those areas.

its amazing how much they covered in just one gen, the original xbox didnt sell its initial shipment in japan and now they managed to outsell the ps3 and completely sell out.....crazy. a PRIME EXAMPLE of how games make the console, Go Billy gates Go!
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By kush

It would take a lot more for MS to make any kind of dent in Japan...and I don't think it will be happening.

Avatar image for byron_orpheus08
Byron_Orpheus08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Byron_Orpheus08

The reason they original xbox did fare as well as the 360 did was because they made a crucial mistake and did not ask any developers what they wanted out of it so they what they ended up with was a very good hardware with better graphics and a built it hard drive but most developers did not like making games for that platform it and if it wasn't for MS buying Bungie and making Halo an exclusive for the xbox  there would not be an xbox 360 today, the Bungie purchase was the best thing that happened to the original xbox.