Have you all heard of Nvidia 3DTV Play?

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Nvidia 3DTV Play is a program that lets you use a standard 3DTV(w/ HDMI 1.4 cable) to play PC games and 3d bluray movies without the use of the nvidia 3d glasses kit or special 3d pc 120hz pc monitors. How long has this been out? This single program just transformd my PC gaming experience. Thank you Nvidia.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ArchScabby

No it doesn't.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ShadowSkill11
@ArchScabby said:
" No it doesn't. "
Educate yourself.
BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By BunkerBuster
@ShadowSkill11:  Actually, you do need the glasses.  
See that part in the middle where they say   (NOTE: the 3D Vision IR emitter is required to activate 3DTV Play software on your PC.) 

That emitter is for the glasses. It serves no other purpose.
ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShadowSkill11
@BunkerBuster said:
" @ShadowSkill11:  Actually, you do need the glasses.  See that part in the middle where they say   (NOTE: the 3D Vision IR emitter is required to activate 3DTV Play software on your PC.)  That emitter is for the glasses. It serves no other purpose. "
You need the glasses that you already use for your 3DTV. I am using the 3DTV Play software myself. It also states this on the Nvidia website for the software. Don't confuse this program with the 3D Vision kits.
korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By korwin

It's kind of ok I guess, however you can only output 720p @ 60hz in stereoscopic instead of a full 1080p image like you do on 3D monitors.  I played around with it the other day with my HTPC (not much of a machine, and old Q6600 and a GTX 460se) using Batman: AA however I wasn't that impressed.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShadowSkill11

You can do 1080p in 24 HZ mode that is normally used for Blueray movies. It can be used for games but it isn't recommended. Still, if you don't want to invest in a $100+ 3d kit and $300 24" monitor this program does the trick.