Have you ever bought the same game more than once? (Remastered included)

• 133 results
kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Edited By kaos_cracker

Poll Have you ever bought the same game more than once? (Remastered included) (516 votes)

Yes 98%
No 2%

So I been looking at games I have bought over time and noticed I end up re-buying games. Most of the time it is because I decided to play the game again on PC because of framerate. (i.e Dark Souls) There is also the remastered games I buy again. (i.e. The Last of Us, GTA V) There is also times when I sold a game then really wanted to replay it again, so I would just go buy it used, which is usually only a few bucks, but is still a dumb thing to do sometimes.

How many people are actually buying games again after they already owned it somewhere else, or bought it again because they sold it or something.

• 
S3v3nS1ns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I own Titanfall on PC, 360 and Xbox One. I try not to buy the same game multiple times often though.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought RDR like 3 times, but the last two times were the GOTY editions for cheap.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have like three copies of Sim City 2000 for literally no reason.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've bought the same version of a game more than once. For example, I bought the digital version of Diablo 3 for PS4, even though I already had the disc version of Diablo 3 for PS4. I might be crazy.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Moonshadow101

At some point during the last generation, I made a pretty big shift from being console-centric almost entirely a PC gamer, so there are probably about 6-8 different games that I originally bought for the 360 but ended up eventually getting for PC.

Also TES 3: Morrowind, for which I have an xbox copy, a physical PC disk, and a Steam copy. So there's that.

The amount of times I've boughten Morrowind is higher then it should be. OG Xbox version, then OG Xbox Game of the year version, then PC, then PC GOTY version, then some steam Elder Scrolls sale that included it, then Elder Scrolls Anthologies.

I regret nothing.

You're a champ.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@bisonhero: It launched as a PS+ title, so there was likely some money involved early on, which likely really helped considering the publisher filed for bankruptcy protection the day before it was released.

thed9984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's see I have bought Nocturne on psn along with my ps2 disc, I have persona 3, 5 times over (First disc, Fes, P3P, P3P digital, Fes Digital), I also have Persona 4 2 times over PS2 disc and golden. Oh dear god this ATLUS problem I have is going to bankrupt me some day. I also have Soul hackers cart and Digital copy, Etrian oddsey 4 cart and digital. Disgiea 1 three times over, Disgiea 2 two times over, Final fnatasy x and x2 each twice (Ps2 and HD) Final fantasy 8 and 9 twice the whole MGS series twice. Legend of dragoon twice, Darksouls twice (both on 360 and wanting to buy it again on PC). Oh god I know that there are some that I can't think of right now.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought Borderlands 2 and a ALL of its DLC for the 360, bought the PS3 GOTY version, and also bought the Borderlands 2 Vita bundle. I will also be buying both the Xbox One and the PS4 versions of the Handsome Collection coming later this month.

I have problems.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Steam is a big piece of this for several reasons. Mostly console to PC for continuance. But at a good sale price, also just to have a game digitally in my library at my beck and call.

I was surprised when I saw the First Souls game on my old 360, I forgot I even had it there.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fez. Would buy it more.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep. The craziest one was probably 3 copies of Skyrim (PS3, which I traded in after a while, then PC, then PS3 GOTY). Another odd one was Red Dead Redemption. I bought it, got to Mexico and got tired of it, traded it in, bought the GOTY edition, got to Mexico, never played it again. I feel like I'll eventually go back to it and finally beat it. I've also done Tomb Raider, Diablo 3, and GTA 5 twice and I beat all 3 both times (almost at 100% in GTA).

Also I don't know if you'd count it but I bought Injustice on PS3 and got it again for free for PS4 when it was the PS+ game.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By Nardak

I have to admit that I bought Far Cry 4 first for pc and then found out that my old PC just couldnt run the game. So i rebought the game for ps4.

This had the negative effect that I had to buy a new pc so that for the next 3 years I can again play games on PC knowing that it can handle the newer releases. Its a vicious and somewhat expensive cycle.

serpentenema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh geez there has been tons but I'll just count the PS3/4 ones: Ico and SotC, Metal Gear HD(first time though the series), The Last of Us, Sleeping Dogs, GTA V(along with the vinyl soundtrack) and most recently saints row 4

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Yes. Sometimes it's is a rerelease of an old game, like Grim Fandango, sometimes it a remaster of a game, like The Last of Us, sometimes it's just to play it on a different platform where I'd rather play the game - a lot of indie games on the Vita.

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are polls broken or are we all really this far down the rabbit hole?

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm 37 and have been doing this since I was 3 or 4. I'm not even going to try and list the games I've bought more than once.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Shindig

I've got a few duplicates

• Rez (PS2, 360)
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 (2 x PS2, PS3)
  • Metal Gear Solid 3 (as above)
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (2 x PS2)
  • ICO (PS2, PS3)
  • Shadow of the Colossus (PS2, PS3)
  • Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (PS2, PS3)

And I'm soon to own Abe's Oddyssey twice. With regards to the PS2 doubles, one copy works and the other doesn't.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By HH

sure, lots of times, even with games i didn't like the first time, and couldn't get through, if they turn up in a sale for five or seven bucks i've sometimes given them a second chance, and still not liked them, but it's five or seven bucks, the kind of money you spend just by leaving your front door.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yup. MGS series, old SNES and PS1 games, some PS2 games, GOG games (so old PC games) and some remastered games on the PC.

Yuuup.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The quickest was probably Persona 3 Portable. I originally bought it on disc, but at some point I dropped the PSP and the disc wouldn't load. Within the hour I had purchased a digital copy and was redownloading it. I had a better paying job back then, so it didn't seem crazy at the time.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own multiple copies, physically and digitally across several platforms including Morrowind, Oblivion, several Fallouts, Theme Park, Populous, Final Fantasy 1-10, Hotline Miami, Terraria, Minecraft and probably more.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I have multiple copies for a lot of game. I made the mistake of going for a 360 early on last generation, and when it red ringed in 2013 I just rebought the ones I wanted to play more of on PS3. Now I don't have to buy another 360 unless I want to play Halo 3 again~. I own digital and physical copies for a couple PC games, and I bought a lot of ports from old console games I already own on PC.

The most ridiculous example is that I bought 5 copies of Dark Souls. My original 360 copy, a replacment PS3 copy, Limited edition PC copy, then I got two more as gifts for friends, though one of those was free of charge. Did a similar thing with Metal Gear Rising, but that only ended up being 3 of them.

Actually in hindsight. I own pretty much every FF7 port... There's like 6 of them by now. I AM THE PROBLEM T.T

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Dave_Tacitus

I've got 6 copies of Morrowind including a Steam digital one.

Original PC version in the cardboard sleeve. PC disc GOTY. Steam GOTY. TES Anthology copy. Xbox original version. Xbox GOTY.

Thinking about it, I've got multiple copies of all the post-Morrowind Bethesda games. Dark Souls too, although a few of those were because the boxed PC version was hella cheap in a local store so I bought two with the intention of giving one to a friend.

I kept it.

Joel_P_Moore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first correct poll in the history of the site? 100% baby

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Yes way too many times to count. Steam sales and not using my 360 anymore can hurt your wallet. I made a list but it is outdated.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#77  Edited By Seikenfreak

Yea.

I've got a copy of GTA4 for PS3 and X360. I used the PS3 copy for single player, since it was my preferred platform, and X360 for online because my friend only had a 360. I've got a copy of GTA5 for PS3 and PS4. I've got a copy of Final Fantasy 11 on PS2, X360, and a couple on PC as different expansions came in complete packs etc. I've got a copy of Final Fantasy 14 on PS4 (free upgrade from PS3 version) and a copy on PC. I guess various versions of older Final Fantasy's because of Origins, Anthology, DS versions, digital copies etc.

I must have a million copies of various Command & Conquer games because when I wanted to buy a specific game, you couldn't find it except in the $20 complete C&C pack. And when I wanted to get one of them for a friend so we could play together, I had to buy another pack or two and just sort of kept the keys for the rest I guess. Physical and digital copy of C&C Red Alert Retaliation for PS1.

TES: Oblivion on PS3 and PC. Fallout 3 on PS3 and PC. Original and "Remastered" pack version thing of Shadow of the Colossus.

I've also got English and Japanese versions of Gran Turismo 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 Prologue. Various versions of Tokyo Xtreme Racer on Dreamcast and PS2. Physical and digital copy of TNN Motorsports Hardcore 4x4.

Ocarina of Time original and 3DS version that came bundled.

Probably a bunch of other PC stuff I can't think of.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I try not to.

When I bought Half Life 2 back in the day, my rig was a bit too weak for it, so I decided to get the X-Box port as well. Let's just say I upgraded my rig ASAP.

I am not a fan of straight re-releases or touched-up editions as they exist right now (at least from a PC only perspective). So far, they are mostly minimal-effort cash-grabs or needlessly temper with the originals in ways that don't align with my nostalgia.

As for "all-included" editions (whatever the fuck PR decides to call them), I generally don't double-up if I already have the base game, because the additional stuff is usually made available as DLC anyway or simply not worth my time and/or money.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Yeah. I had terrible judgment when I was in my teens and kept selling games to be able to afford new ones. I always wanted to play them again. In addition, the Xbox 360 scratched my discs and I was addicted to Gears of War online. So much fun. Bought the game 4 times.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Rarely. Most instances happened when I used to re-buy English originals of RPGs I already played in German but wanted to replay (BG 1 & 2, old Fallout series, Planescape: Torment). The game I own the most copies of is P:T since I bought the original Big Box release as my third copy because I needed to own it.

Other than that I own two copies each of Dawn of War 1, Civilization IV and V because they came free with subsequent releases. There was a little more redundancy when I still had my old game magazines with discs but those didn't survive me moving last time.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

It is amazing that there is only 1% for no. This is crazy to me.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

All the time, mostly on PC.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

I've bought Oblivion and Skyrim twice (360 and PC) and Super Meat Boy (360 and PC). There's probably others. No regrets.

Colony024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I have. Thanks, Steam & GOG.

Don't know which is worse though; buying the same game multiple times, or buying games and subsequently never playing them. Then again, as long as they're cheaper than any halfway decent drink, who really cares?

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, a lot.
The latest one is Wolfenstein:The New Order.
I first played it when it came out on the PC, then I got an Xbox One and the only game I found interesting on the marketplace at the time was Wolfenstein. So I bought it and played through it twice.

This weekend I was looking through the PSN store on the PS4 for something to play and found Wolfenstein a bit cheaper than full price, so I bought it again...

JordoST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own destiny and the season pass on PS4 and Xbone. god help me

SefaRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Back when I was playing Star Wars Galaxies, the only way to have alts was to buy the game again and create a new account. It wasn't like modern MMO's that allow you to create multiple characters. I ended up buying four copies.

I've probably bought the very first Tomb Raider about four or five times too.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Things that instantly spring to mind;

Ocarina of Time - 3 copiesN64, Zelda Collectors Disk and 3DS

Majora's Mask - same as above

Resident Evil - 3 copies PC, Gamecube Remake, Xbox One HD Remake.

Super Mario NES "Trilogy" - Owned on Wii as Virtual Console games, also own Super Mario All Stars and a NES copy of Super Mario Bros, Also own Super Mario Bros Advance - which is Mario Bros 2.

Bully - Owned on both Wii and PC hate it with a passion have never finished it.

Manhunt - Owned it on Xbox originally and beat it, bought it on Steam but it is has issues with Windows 8.1 apparently rebought it during a PSN sale.

Kotor 1 + 2: own both on PC and Xbox

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By nightriff

Yes, way more than I should too.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I have a stupid habit of buying a game on a console and then buying the PC version ( or the other way around)

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By uhtaree

Yeah, Oblivion probably five times including different versions across various platforms.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

For me, it's mostly Nintendo games I have duplicates of. Lots of Zelda stuff. Ocarina of Time on N64, GC and 3DS. Majora's Mask in the Gamecube collector's edition thingy and on 3DS. Link to the Past on SNES and GBA. When I get a Wii U, I'll likely get Wind Waker again. Same with a lot of Mario stuff.

Other than that, mostly console stuff I picked up cheap on PC. The KOTORs come to mind, GTA games, Borderlands, and other similar games. I also have duplicates across services. For example, I have the RollerCoaster Tycoon games on both GOG and Steam (and physical copies from the late 90s for RCT1 and the expansions. Complete with dope huge boxes). Once they came out on Steam I simply grabbed them for convenience. Likewise for Age of Empires 2. I have physical copies from the late 90s and I have it on Steam now. I mainly use GOG for more obscure stuff.

STUVNING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Mirror's Edge, all platforms.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Apart from simply having re-bought some games lost over the years out of nostalgia, I've willfully bought games several times simply because I liked them. Offhand, here are the ones I can recall.

Half-Life 2 (Xbox, PC), Counter-Strike (Xbox, PC {Condition Zero}, PC {Source} and Xbox 360 {Global Offensive}), Hitman: Blood Money (Xbox, Xbox 360), Halo: CE (Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One).

discomposure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By discomposure

Yup, not many though. I bought the first 3 Spyro games and Crash Team Racing on PSN, though that was mainly because I thought I'd lost the discs. I also bought Banjo Kazooie on Xbox live even though I still have my N64. Dunno if complete remakes count but I've also got Pokemon Fire Red, Heart Gold and Omega Ruby as well as their originals.

That's about it though, I'll probably rebuy games like Skyrim on steam when/if I get a decent PC since playing with mods sounds awesome. Also thinking of getting Dragon Age Inquisition when I eventually get a PS4 despite already owning it on PS3 and if they re-release the other Dragon age games & the Mass Effect series I'll probably get those too (ideally with DLC included) since I know I'm going to be replaying them a lot.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I've bought Link to the Past several times (different platforms)...actually, I've bought every Zelda game outside of Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword several times. There are actually a bunch of games I could rattle off like that.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, like...a lot, now that I think about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Way to many times to count, some have simply been down to forgetting I’d got the game when it first came out then when I get it again and finally put it away I’ll notice I have two or more of them. I’ve also gone down the route of getting 3DS games for N64 games I already have as well as remastered versions. Does getting games from PS+ and Games for gold count? If so I have even more…

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Brendan

I don't have them all in my head but I know I have a smattering of Steam games which I've owned before; I'm sure many people do this. More recently I bought Halo Anniversary, and if they didn't cock it up so badly I would have bought MCC.