Having trouble getting into games lately.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Nick

Anyone else have a hard time getting into games recently? I keep buying games but never end up playing them. I have a stack of games that stretches back to 2007 that I have barely touched. I'm turning 23 in a couple months, maybe I'm just outgrowing games like I outgrew toys and shit like that.

Fuck.

merlinisg0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By merlinisg0d

I would probably take a break from gaming and maybe try something like Gamefly so you don't have to keep throwing your money away and you can just focus on 1 game at a time. If you live in Canada ( they might have it elsewhere, i dont know ) you can get unlimited game rentals at blockbuster for 30 dollars a month, you can only have 1 game out at a time but it is seriously and awsome deal!

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By granderojo
merlinisg0d said:
"I would probably take a break from gaming and maybe try something like Gamefly so you don't have to keep throwing your money away and you can just focus on 1 game at a time. If you live in Canada ( they might have it elsewhere, i dont know ) you can get unlimited game rentals at blockbuster for 30 dollars a month, you can only have 1 game out at a time but it is seriously and awsome deal!"
I can agree with this.

I find I game more in large bunches.  Like this week I have not done nearly any at all, but next week when I got nothing planned really, I will be gaming alot more.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Red

Me too. I mean I LOVE GAMES, but I just can't get in to them lately. I'd say I don't even beat half the games I buy. I'm not sure why. Guess I'm just looking for one that's addictive enough.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By kush

The first thing I would recommend is that you stop buying games when you don't even play the ones you already own...After that, I'd probably suggest the same thing as the previous posters; Sign up for GameFly and just rent games for now, or take the time to play the games you already own.

KiddSushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By KiddSushi

Don't force it on yourself. If you lost interest, then what can you do? The more you force it, the less you'll want to play.

Video games were on my mind constantly back in high school, but I cared about them less and less as time went on. I hardly play at all anymore, and it's usually when my friends want to do some multiplayer. Once in a while, a game like BioShock will come and move me on an artistic level, but they just don't do it for me like they used to. I thought about it a lot, and it mainly comes down to these two reasons:

• Getting older. - Not that games are for kids, but I started gaming on the Atari 2600. I've been gaming my entire life and after you do something for 20-something years, I think it's okay to be burned out. Other things have come along that I now feel passionate about, and I want to pursue those interests.
  • Games aren't what they used to be. - Back in my day, games were a little more charming. Prince of Persia used to be about a normal guy racing against time, but now you have this acrobatic and magical bullshit. I can relate to a character who is taking a fatal risk at every leap more than someone who does back flips over thousand-foot pits like it's a walk in the park. I'm sick of shooting aliens and being a bad ass. I don't blame this on developers, though, because it's not their fault for lack of marketing or people not wanting creative games with personality. The industry, along with its consumers, are completely different now. I'm not saying that we don't get our gems every once in a while, but we all know this business has changed a lot in the past 15 years or so.

It really just comes down to the industry not being the same as when I fell in love it, and me not being the same person as I was when I fell in love with it. I still get the itch once a while to pick up the controller and put in some hours, but people and things change. That's just life.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Jayge_

I bought 5 games this holiday season, thoroughly loved two of them, thought another was OK, and two others are almost too boring to finish (one has debilitating glitches... so...). I haven't had any urge to play any games at all on my Xbox 360 for the past 2 or 3 weeks. Sometimes that just happens. For some reason, I've been playing Midnight Club for the PSP all the time though. You find things to play in odd corners when you're bored. Great game though...

Voldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Voldy

I haven't truly enjoyed a game since Half-Life 2. The only one that came close to that was perhaps Bioshock. Games are indeed not what they used to be.