Headset Recommendations

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

So I'm in the market for a new gaming headset. I would use it mostly with a PS4 as of right now, but I will eventually build a PC that I would like to be able to use it with as well (I also have a Wii U but have never used a headset with it before and can't see myself in the future). I was looking at this one, but was turned off when I found out it lacked a mute button on the control box thingy. What headset would you recommend for someone who would use it for voice chat in multiplayer and for playing games late at night with the sound going through them? I'm thinking $150 is my spending limit and I would like to be able to control volume and mute through the headset and not a PS4 menu.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I might start with the Pulse Elite Headset. It works well with the PS4 and also works with PC

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I got a Sades one off amazon that came from China for like 20$. Packet was all in Mandarin but it works pretty well, I can see if I can find it listed if you are interested

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

JRM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I second the pulse elite, I use it for my PS4 and my pc. It's a fantastic headset for the price.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use Astro A50s. It's the only headset I've ever owned, so I can't say if they're much better or worse than others, but I'm happy with them. They sound good and they're comfortable, even after long sessions. I watch movies and play games with them on. They're a bit pricey, I forget how much. I think I payed around $200 or so when I found some on sale.

I've never had complaints about the mic, but I know it doesn't noise cancel. So everyone will hear my dogs fart and think it's me. So embarrassing. But it's neat that you can just flip the mic up to turn it off.

The main thing I dislike is the lack of custom EQ. There are only three settings. The first is flat eq and isn't very clear. The second is enhanced bass and highs and sounds good. The third is some Battlefield edition setting that was supposedly tuned by BF4 sound designers. It sounds good, but lacks the bass of the second setting. I read there would eventually be a way to set custom EQs for them, but it never happened. Surprised no one has released a hack.

Anyway, I bought the BF4 edition because they were actually a good bit cheaper than the regular A50s. They are the exact same headphones in a different box. They have orange instead of red trim and one of the EQ settings is designed for BF4, but you can download the EQ settings for the standard A50s and it should work.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#8  Edited By the8bitNacho

I really dig the PS4 Gold Wireless Stereo Headset. I'm pretty sure it only emulates surround sound, but it does it very, very well for a sub-$100 device. I am not sure about how well these will work with a PC though -- they use bluetooth, so I guess it would depend on available drivers and whether or not you have a bluetooth chip in your machine.

I use the Razer Blackshark on my PC, mostly for the removable microphone. I don't like it getting in the way when I am not playing with friends, which is most of the time. It is super comfortable and worth the purchase price in my opinion and experience with it. It also works great with Razer Surround, which is a software that tricks standard stereo audio into emulating surround sound effects. Being a Razer headset, there are built in configuration options for the Blackshark. I have had this thing since last February without any issues. You can hook it up to a PS4 if you purchase a USB sound card and plug it in. It's difficult to control the volume and microphone options using this method though.

j0lter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use the Logitech G430's right now because it was only $40, and they do the job quite well. I know my dad has the Logitech G930 and he says he loves that. You could be hard pressed to find something that will conveniently work with a PS4 and a pc. I would never touch the PS4 gold headset, way too much gimmick going on there.

LisaTiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I use the official PS4 Gold wireless headset and never had any issues with it, the sound is suburb and crystal clear.

Zao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also use the official PS4 headset bought it for £40 really glad I invested.

esuing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I originally bought the official PS4 headset. It sounded good, however, I replaced an older Logitech set and my friend told me it sounded much worse... meaning the mic quality isn't as good. I assume it's because it doesn't have a directional boom mic... it's internal. If you care about how good you sound to others you may be talking to, you may want to consider that

I returned it and got the HyperX Cloud ($60) that was recommended from PC Gamer and it's an excellent headset. I can use it with my PC, PS4, and Xbone right out of the box. It's very comfortable and comes with exchangeable cloth or leather ear cups.