Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Thrawn1

where i am, it's 2:30 in the morning. here are my options:

1. Fall asleep (probably listening to the bombcast)
2. Start episode 2 of half life 2. I just finished episode one, and i'm pretty into it right now.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Demyx

Start episode 2 of half-life 2.

I haven't finished it yet, but you might as well.

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Thrawn1

is it as good as, better, or worse than the rest of the series?

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Demyx
Thrawn said:
"is it as good as, better, or worse than the rest of the series?"
story wise, a lot of things happen I hear.
just like the other episode, it's shortcoming is its length.
Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shocker
Demyx said:
"Start episode 2 of half-life 2.

I haven't finished it yet, but you might as well."
Agreed. Don't sleep.
Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Thrawn1
Shocker said:
"Demyx said:

Agreed. Don't sleep."
the only thing is that i have to get up and go run around on a parking lot carrying huge metal/wooden drums at 4pm tomorrow.
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
Thrawn said:
"Shocker said:
"Demyx said:

Agreed. Don't sleep."
the only thing is that i have to get up and go run around on a parking lot carrying huge metal/wooden drums at 4pm tomorrow."
Oh, you'll be fine. Episode 2 is a fantastic game. I thought that it was much better than Episode 1 to be honest.
Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Thrawn1

did anyone else think that having to start 0ff with no weapons in each game was annoying?

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Demyx
Thrawn said:
"did anyone else think that having to start 0ff with no weapons in each game was annoying?
"
eh, not really.
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
Thrawn said:
"did anyone else think that having to start 0ff with no weapons in each game was annoying?
"
Well... I love the gravity gun... so no. But in Episode 2 you'll find an adequate amount of weapons fairly quickly if I'm not mistaken. Come to think of it... I wouldn't mind starting the game with the smg...
Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Demyx
Dr_Feelgood38 said:
"Thrawn said:
"
Well... I love the gravity gun... so no. But in Episode 2 you'll find an adequate amount of weapons fairly quickly if I'm not mistaken. Come to think of it... I wouldn't mind starting the game with the smg..."
I believe you start out with the grav gun again, and then you do find a pistol a bit later. Thats as far as I got though lol.
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Oh, Thrawn.  You and I ought to have a long conversation about Half-Life 2: Episode 2.  I just finished it myself, so I'm curious as to your impressions. 

And, in my opinion, it's on par with Half-Life 2.  For the record, I didn't care much for Episode 1. 

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
Demyx said:
"Dr_Feelgood38 said:
"Thrawn said:
"
Well... I love the gravity gun... so no. But in Episode 2 you'll find an adequate amount of weapons fairly quickly if I'm not mistaken. Come to think of it... I wouldn't mind starting the game with the smg..."
I believe you start out with the grav gun again, and then you do find a pistol a bit later. Thats as far as I got though lol."
Well I finished it like 20 times but I stopped playing it like a month ago so it's a bit hazy. (If you all didn't notice, the Half-Life series is my favorite). I thought you got like, the pistol, magnum, and shotgun within a short amount of time.
Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Thrawn1
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Oh, Thrawn.  You and I ought to have a long conversation about Half-Life 2: Episode 2.  I just finished it myself, so I'm curious as to your impressions. 

And, in my opinion, it's on par with Half-Life 2.  For the record, I didn't care much for Episode 1. "
well my impressions don't count for much, because i'm about 10 minutes into it. but yeah, episode 1 felt like too much of a chore. "hey, remember that thing you blew up? well now ya gotta go fix it! wait, oh no, it blew up again...." wtf? i did enjoy the npc interactions though.
Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Demyx
Dr_Feelgood38 said:
"Demyx said:
"Dr_Feelgood38 said:
"Thrawn said:
"
I believe you start out with the grav gun again, and then you do find a pistol a bit later. Thats as far as I got though lol."
Well I finished it like 20 times but I stopped playing it like a month ago so it's a bit hazy. (If you all didn't notice, the Half-Life series is my favorite). I thought you got like, the pistol, magnum, and shotgun within a short amount of time."
I actually haven't finished Half-Life 2 yet, and went on to Episode I since I wanted to use the upgraded grav gun.
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
Demyx said:
I actually haven't finished Half-Life 2 yet, and went on to Episode I since I wanted to use the upgraded grav gun."
??? Half-Life 2 was my favorite by far. Maybe this is simply the nostalgia speaking, but that game just destroys every other game I've played since. I go back to it at least once a month. You should definitely finish it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Demyx said:
I actually haven't finished Half-Life 2 yet, and went on to Episode I since I wanted to use the upgraded grav gun."
Haha.  Lame.  It's an epic, epic moment when you get your hands on it in Half-Life 2

Thrawn
said:
well my impressions don't count for much, because i'm about 10 minutes into it. but yeah, episode 1 felt like too much of a chore. "hey, remember that thing you blew up? well now ya gotta go fix it! wait, oh no, it blew up again...." wtf? i did enjoy the npc interactions though."

The first hour or two of Episode 1 really plodded along.  It felt clunky and I didn't really care to play Doom 3, but that's what I got. 

In any case, I really hope you like Episode 2.  It's incredible.  Plus, Adam Baldwin provides voicework, which is extra win.
Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Demyx

I will finish it when Sir_Ragnarok said:

Thrawn said: 
"Demyx said:

Haha.  Lame.  It's an epic, epic moment when you get your hands on it in Half-Life 2

I've been meaning to finish it, but I'm trying not to get distracted from summer reading, driving school, and college applications.
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
Sir_Ragnarok said:
Thrawn said:
well my impressions don't count for much, because i'm about 10 minutes into it. but yeah, episode 1 felt like too much of a chore. "hey, remember that thing you blew up? well now ya gotta go fix it! wait, oh no, it blew up again...." wtf? i did enjoy the npc interactions though."

The first hour or two of Episode 1 really plodded along.  It felt clunky and I didn't really care to play Doom 3, but that's what I got. 

In any case, I really hope you like Episode 2.  It's incredible.  Plus, Adam Baldwin provides voicework, which is extra win."
Hahahahah the game is only like 4 hours long. I really thought that Episode 1 was a bit of a disappointment. There were some epic moments in it but I just didn't get the same feeling out of it. They made you stay with Alyx so that you would be able to build a relationship with her, but they really accomplished it with Episode 2 instead.
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By serbsta

Go to sleep dude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I felt much more attached to Alyx during Episode 2 than I did in Episode 1.  I guess I really felt like she wasn't such a Lara Croft, you know?  Not such an impervious femme fatale.  She was as fragile as a human can be. 

Kinda tragic. 

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Thrawn1

ok. i just finished defending against the antlion attack. how long will it take before i get back with the larva thing?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thrawn said:
"ok. i just finished defending against the antlion attack. how long will it take before i get back with the larva thing?"

It took me a half hour, but it felt longer. 

A word to the wise: do NOT try to kill the Antlion Guardian (it glows an iridescent green).  It will trample you, otherwise.
Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Thrawn1

no pit would be complete without a freeman climbing out of it...