Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Yo,

So I have very vague memories of playing this old game at a relative's house. This was before I owned any consoles besides a shitty old Windows 95 Pentium PC (those were the days) and the only games I had were like Riven and Myst. This game must have come out about 10 years ago and I played it on their old PC when I was staying over at their house. They definitely weren't gamers (they're pretty computer illiterate) and I was just in the Games section of Windows, if I remember correctly. Pretty sure this was close to the launch of XP... again, I apologize, memory is extremely vague. What I remember is that it was like a Wipeout-style racing game, where you're racing futuristic vehicles (although I don't seem to recall them being Wipeout style ships) in futuristic-urban style tracks with techno music in a "electronic" Wipeout style looking setting. I seem to remember something about the ships/cars looking like discs? Jesus, it's been a while. I seem to only recall there being like one track. Maybe it was a demo.

I know they didn't custom build a PC so I think it was like a Gateway or HP. Maybe it was preloaded software? Anyway, thanks in advance, if you have any suggestions or help. I'll do my best to answer any questions but it's like a distant dream now, hard to recall.

In other nostalgic news, I managed to ID this gem:

This was the shit.

Thanks for the help, this is going to drive me crazy!

Avatar image for deactivated-61da022f1d3f4
deactivated-61da022f1d3f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sounds like it could've been Hover!

It was a game that came on the Win95 CD

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

espm400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@marquis3000: Holy damn, you just sent me down memory lane... I remember sinking so much time into this at my dad's old office when I used to help him out there when I was young. His secretary had Jane's ATF on her computer, so if she was gone I played that, but do I remember Hover.

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

POD! I was reading the OP thinking "I know that game!" I used to love POD!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@serhulse: @topcat88:

@marquis3000: @espm400:

Thanks for the help guys. I can totally see where the POD guys thought it was POD (I actually watched that video and wondered to myself if that was it while I was watching it) but Hover! totally is the game, guess I was remembering farther back than I had thought. Also, holy crap, nostalgia. I remember those checkered floors, and goddamn, that game looks so much worse than I remember it. I thought it looked incredible at the time. Also, I guess it's totally not a racing game? Lol.

Anyway, thanks, I think POD was closer to what I described but I'm glad people could understand my horrible description. Now I'm off to go play some Hover!, which I found on Google, and totally works on 64 bit Windows 8 supposedly.