Here We Go Again

Brandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By Brandy

I really wish I had more interesting things to discuss than forever rambling about GrrlGamer, but alas, I do not. Here's my next batch of reviews:

That leaves me with only one, yes, one game in my immediate backlog, that being King of Fighters: The Orochi Saga for the Wii. I can't even recall the last time that I only had one game to focus on. However, this reprieve will probably be short-lived, as I have been told I'm receiving the new Max Payne DVD, and have asked for a few games as well, so we'll see.

Other than that, I'm probably going to buy a router in a couple of days (I know which model I'm buying, it's just finding it in stock at Target that's the problem), so I will finally be able to get online with my Wii. Buying the router now will also help me later in mentally justifying a 360 purchase, since it will be one thing I don't have to buy at the same time as the console, adapter and whatnot. As it stands now, I've practically had to strap myself to a chair to stop myself from buying one (a 360, that is), but so far my cheapness has prevailed. Hopefully, buying the router and gaining access to Wii's Virtual Console games will be enough to tide me over for the foreseeable future. One can only hope...

Until next time all!
Brandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Brandy

I really wish I had more interesting things to discuss than forever rambling about GrrlGamer, but alas, I do not. Here's my next batch of reviews:

That leaves me with only one, yes, one game in my immediate backlog, that being King of Fighters: The Orochi Saga for the Wii. I can't even recall the last time that I only had one game to focus on. However, this reprieve will probably be short-lived, as I have been told I'm receiving the new Max Payne DVD, and have asked for a few games as well, so we'll see.

Other than that, I'm probably going to buy a router in a couple of days (I know which model I'm buying, it's just finding it in stock at Target that's the problem), so I will finally be able to get online with my Wii. Buying the router now will also help me later in mentally justifying a 360 purchase, since it will be one thing I don't have to buy at the same time as the console, adapter and whatnot. As it stands now, I've practically had to strap myself to a chair to stop myself from buying one (a 360, that is), but so far my cheapness has prevailed. Hopefully, buying the router and gaining access to Wii's Virtual Console games will be enough to tide me over for the foreseeable future. One can only hope...

Until next time all!
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

Why do you constantly review shovelware?

Edit: Also, that website layout is terrible. Pink on Grey is a horrible idea. As is purple, and that sea green you have for links. It's virtually unreadable.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Bruce
Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Be nice, Jayge.  Not everyone can see through the eyes of the female persuasion.

Enjoy your Wii online, Brandy.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jayge_
Origina1Penguin said:
"Be nice, Jayge.  Not everyone can see through the eyes of the female persuasion.

Enjoy your Wii online, Brandy."
Fine. I asked my sister. She said she couldn't read it either. Would you rather have someone be "nice"? (I was not hostile o.O) Or would you rather have some constructive criticism, if you're working for some sort of website like that.
Brandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Brandy

In defense of both myself AND GrrlGamer, I review games that are sent to me, whether I asked for them or not. In the above case, three out of the five were surprises that arrived on my doorstep (that is, I DID NOT ask for them), but I reviewed them anyway because I appreciate that companies send me games in the first place.

As for the website itself, the design was not my idea, and was put in place years before I ever joined. Furthermore, I have no control over its design, or I would have changed it to something more streamlined years ago. As it stands now, we are in the process of changing the design, which will consist of a more muted color pallet (blacks, grays, navy, dark purple and so on) and "modern" features, but when everyone "works" there for free, things in the outside world are our first priorities (like the fact that our main website designer is pregnant), so our progress has been (understandably) slow going.

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By DBoy

Jayge is just a frustrated little kid, just like 90% of the people on this website.

Nonetheless, good work on the reviews Brandy.  I can attest to how much you hated the Nancy Drew game, I was there live.  :)

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By c1337us

Hey dont worry about the negative comments. Regardless of what games it is you have been asked to review currently, at least they are well written and informative. I wouldnt mind getting access to the Wii's virtual console as well. Unfortunately that means running cables through the house so I dont do it very often. What games are you looking at playing when you do end up getting an Xbox 360?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jayge_
DBoy said:
"Jayge is just a frustrated little kid, just like 90% of the people on this website.

Nonetheless, good work on the reviews Brandy.  I can attest to how much you hated the Nancy Drew game, I was there live.  :)"
What the fuck are you on about?

Brandy said:
"In defense of both myself AND GrrlGamer, I review games that are sent to me, whether I asked for them or not. In the above case, three out of the five were surprises that arrived on my doorstep (that is, I DID NOT ask for them), but I reviewed them anyway because I appreciate that companies send me games in the first place.

As for the website itself, the design was not my idea, and was put in place years before I ever joined. Furthermore, I have no control over its design, or I would have changed it to something more streamlined years ago. As it stands now, we are in the process of changing the design, which will consist of a more muted color pallet (blacks, grays, navy, dark purple and so on) and "modern" features, but when everyone "works" there for free, things in the outside world are our first priorities (like the fact that our main website designer is pregnant), so our progress has been (understandably) slow going."
Cool. Hope that ends up going well.
Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Dauragon

If you are gonna go to the virtual console, download Gunstar Heroes. FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD! DOWNLOAD GUNSTAR HEROES!!!