Hey it's Monday! Wheres all the content?!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Humanity

All jokes aside, I am pretty excited about some of the Quick Looks we might get this week. I would love to see Prototype 2 in action - I'm curious if that game will be dramatically different from the first or if it will just be a rehash with a new player skin.

Curious if they will do a 360 QL of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings but somehow I kinda doubt it. It would be really cool if Patrick and Vinny could play it together and we could get Patricks take on the game and Vinny chiming in about the differences from the PC version.

Risen 2: Dark Waters is coming out and most importantly of all...

Myst on 3DS! I reallllly hope they do a Myst 3DS QL because I really love those games and I'm curious as heck how it handles on that system.

Also almost forget that for all the PC fans theres The Walking Dead game making a debut. I don't watch the show but from what I saw the game looked interesting and you can't go wrong with a bit of Garry Whitta in your zombie game?

I dunno anything about the XBLA title Bloodforge but it looks like some sort of hack n slash and the Arcade has been pumping out a lot of stellar titles lately like Trials 2 or Fez so maybe this will follow suit? (I don't think so but who knows)

Water you guys looking forward to?

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#2  Edited By Little_Socrates

I'm almost positive we see some Prototype 2. Beyond that, I have no idea. TNT this week will probably be Super Monday Night Combat or Skullgirls, right? Also, I suspect we might get a Breaking Brad this week (or maybe a Random PC Game, but I feel like Lunar Flight covered that base) and I'm almost positive we're due for a Jar Time.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Little_Socrates said:

I'm almost positive we see some Prototype 2. Beyond that, I have no idea. TNT this week will probably be Super Monday Night Combat or Skullgirls, right? Also, I suspect we might get a Breaking Brad this week (or maybe a Random PC Game, but I feel like Lunar Flight covered that base) and I'm almost positive we're due for a Jar Time.

I don't know about that Skullgirls TNT. Jeff seemed to not like it, so it's gonna be anything but Skullgirls.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#4  Edited By Little_Socrates

@AlexanderSheen: You're probably right, unless someone else played it and did enjoy it. Jeff might've warmed up to Skullgirls while we weren't looking, but I kinda doubt it. I only mention it because SMNC is a shooter and Brad likes to be in the way of playing shooters on TNT.

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Julmust

Kid Icarus: Uprising TNT. Make it happen.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AlexanderSheen

I would like to see Skullgirls, but if it's not happening, I got another idea. Prototype 2 got any multiplayer? A Co-op TNT would be nice, like the SR3 TNT, just fucking up the city and whatnot.

MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By MayorFeedback

I really loved Prototype, but I'm waiting to see a Quick Look before I buy the new one.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Carryboy

Got Prototype 2 over the weekend about a fith through, enjoying it but very similar to the first one.

Avatar image for matthewthebeast
MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

Would like to see a Dave/Vinny Quick look of Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars ,but I doubt it'll happen under the current circumstances of Dave building a site and all.

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#10  Edited By ADAMWD

Walking Dead and Bloodforge QLs would be nice.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HaltIamReptar

@Little_Socrates said:

@AlexanderSheen: You're probably right, unless someone else played it and did enjoy it. Jeff might've warmed up to Skullgirls while we weren't looking, but I kinda doubt it. I only mention it because SMNC is a shooter and Brad likes to be in the way of playing shooters on TNT.

Dude, the crew loved Monday Night Combat. Plenty of reason to believe the TNT will be SMNC.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Humanity

@AlexanderSheen said:

I would like to see Skullgirls, but if it's not happening, I got another idea. Prototype 2 got any multiplayer? A Co-op TNT would be nice, like the SR3 TNT, just fucking up the city and whatnot.

Skullgirls has a pretty small roster too and fighting games aren't the type you can really jump into so it would be all Jeff and Brad all the time. I wouldn't mind Monday Night Combat although unless it's the right crew I probably won't watch the whole thing.

@Carryboy said:

Got Prototype 2 over the weekend about a fith through, enjoying it but very similar to the first one.

Not gonna ask how you got it but is it like a skin job or does the game feel different?

Ewy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Ewy

Personally for TNT I'd be interested in Mount & Blade or co-op Magicka. You know that problem where not many people get to play TNT due to game sizes? Solution: 250 player server.

GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GioVANNI

I guess it's probably too late to do a Street Fighter x Tekken TNT, right? The online is totally fixed now.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AndrewB

Myst on 3DS? I feel like Myst might be a contender for most-ported video game/ A contender... not a winner.

Avatar image for matthewthebeast
MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

@Ewy said:

Personally for TNT I'd be interested in Mount & Blade or co-op Magicka. You know that problem where not many people get to play TNT due to game sizes? Solution: 250 player server.

Hell yeah, 250 players shooting at eachother with muskets and whatnot at once in a Napoleonic setting. FPS would drop like a bloody rock, heh.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gizmo

God knows what they are doing, we are averaging a Quick Look a day at the moment. Considering there is very little written content, the lack of, well, stuff is a bit disappointing. My guess is they are planning something big, or sorting out their office. Why not, you know, throw us an Endurance Run? It's just a daily Let's Play...

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By crusader8463

I'm hoping this will be the week they finally get the archive up of that talk about the future of the site. Been dying to see the dam thing and pisses me off that I couldn't see it live knowing now that it's taking so long to get up. Hopefully they get everything sorted out.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jrinswand

If I had to guess, I'd say that Myst 3DS controls pretty similarly to Myst DS, which is to say, not very well.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Humanity

@GioVANNI said:

I guess it's probably too late to do a Street Fighter x Tekken TNT, right? The online is totally fixed now.

Probably too late but I'd love it if they did it. I really enjoy that game and like you said the sound is all fixed now - which in my opinion wasn't as huge a deal as Jeff made it out to be. I just got used to it.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@ADAMWD said:

Walking Dead and Bloodforge QLs would be nice.

I am pretty interested in both of those games, so yes, that would be fantastic.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#22  Edited By BeachThunder

Definitely want a Botanicula QL.

Chindie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By Chindie

I'd have been quite interested in a Witcher 2 360 QL. But then I remembered Patrick was looking at it.

It'd have been cool to have Vinny take a look at it and compare the platforms, show off a bit more of the game and maybe talk about the changes the Enhanced Version brings to the table, but obviously that's not really feasible at the moment given the time investment for that game and Vinny's home life now.

Prototype 2 QL might be fun though, fingers crossed.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Humanity

@Chindie said:

I'd have been quite interested in a Witcher 2 360 QL. But then I remembered Patrick was looking at it.

It'd have been cool to have Vinny take a look at it and compare the platforms, show off a bit more of the game and maybe talk about the changes the Enhanced Version brings to the table, but obviously that's not really feasible at the moment given the time investment for that game and Vinny's home life now.

Prototype 2 QL might be fun though, fingers crossed.

Well all things told Vinny got more gaming done in the time he had off taking care of his newborn than the rest of the guys did just coming to work every day so let's not rule that out from happening!

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BleedingStarX

I'm playing Prototype 2 now and it is (as far as I've played it) almost identical to the first game. Not to say that thats a bad thing as I'm really enjoying it

Pabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By Pabba

Would love to see an Xbox 360 Quick Look for The Witcher 2. Not curious about the graphics, but interested in seeing how the menus and combat handle.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Humanity

@Pabba said:

Would love to see an Xbox 360 Quick Look for The Witcher 2. Not curious about the graphics, but interested in seeing how the menus and combat handle.

I'm playing it now on 360 and while the combat is great the menus are a little rough.

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By neurotic

I was thinking we are due a Jar Time. I always look forward to those. I dunno what to expect in terms of QLs since Giantbomb is the only video game site I visit so I get all my knowledge of new releases from the QLs.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Christoffer

I would like another throwback TNT. I loved when they did quake and quake 3. Or bring Norm in and make a starcraft 2 TNT... those are always fun.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AlexW00d

They should do an Arma QL. That would be fucking hilarious.

Chindie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Chindie

@Humanity: Ha, yes... I'd forgotten that he apparently had enough time to put in 70 odd hours on Deus Ex between death watches, there certainly is hope yet... Make us all happy Vinny, return to Geralt!

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By recroulette

I agree with all of the people that said Mount and Blade

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By rapid

Hopefully we'll get I Love Mondays sooner than last week. Do you think they will do some Super Monday Night Combat TNT and finally give out some codes for that Luchadeer costume (during the Quick Look EX).

Btw any word on that Luchadeer costume, its a pretty good GB easter egg.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AndrewB

@RecSpec said:

This.

Also, the "we just moved offices" thing is about a month past now, isn't it? Alright, more like 3 weeks... ugh... I'm impatient!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35  Edited By Animasta

@AndrewB said:

@RecSpec said:

This.

Also, the "we just moved offices" thing is about a month past now, isn't it? Alright, more like 3 weeks... ugh... I'm impatient!

they were doing construction last week though.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By Aegon
@Rapid said:

Hopefully we'll get I Love Mondays sooner than last week. Do you think they will do some Super Monday Night Combat TNT and finally give out some codes for that Luchadeer costume (during the Quick Look EX).

Btw any word on that Luchadeer costume, its a pretty good GB easter egg.

Will the costume be premium members only?
AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@AlexW00d said:

You mean Arma 2? They done that already.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Don't let Patrick in on a Witcher 2 360 quicklook, he is the last person I want covering that game after the crap he complained about on the podcast.@HaltIamReptar said:

@Little_Socrates said:

Dude, the crew loved Monday Night Combat. Plenty of reason to believe the TNT will be SMNC.

They had a healthy appreciation for it but I wouldn't say they were crazy about it. I don't think any of them played a ton of it and the BETA has been all but open for ages now (I randomly got like 6 invites to give out just from being in the BETA, it wasn't hard to get in) and I haven't heard jack shit from them about SMNC since that QLEX of the BETA. I feel like we would have seen/heard more of the BETA if it was going to end up as a TNT. But that said I don't know anything else so who knows.

@Humanity said:

@Pabba said:

I'm playing it now on 360 and while the combat is great the menus are a little rough.

All RPG menus on consoles are a little rough, to be fair.

@AndrewB said:

@RecSpec said:

This.

No because the equipment takes weeks to months to acquire because of the way ordering professional gear works. And as was said, they had been doing work last week to get their space ready and all that. Plus they still have Drew out (or maybe he's back this week? but he was gone at the end of last week), VInny is just getting back, and they don't really have any one else for video stuff. Dave and the engineers are working on remaking the site, so they can't do the Vinny & Dave stuff too much. Hell they only just got a PC recently, and it's just something they are borrowing from the Gamespot duders.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AndrewB

@Animasta said:

@AndrewB said:

@RecSpec said:

This.

they were doing construction last week though.

I know. A part of me understands the complicated process of moving (on top of having two other key people out for different reasons). Another feels like they could totally be still producing timely and meaningful content, even if that means taking longer to get moved in. This is why i didn't want a subscription model... because now I'm a consumer looking to get their money's worth. I'm just a man with a vision of getting infinite Random PC Game videos.

Giant Bomb: The Insinuation of Infinity.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AlexW00d

@AlexanderSheen said:

@AlexW00d said:

You mean Arma 2? They done that already.

I meant TNT :/ I play Arma 2 and OA with a load of GB peeps and we all have a blast being dorks and shit. With the staff too it'd be great. Plus server sizes are pretty big.

jrlyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jrlyon

@Gizmo said:

God knows what they are doing, we are averaging a Quick Look a day at the moment. Considering there is very little written content, the lack of, well, stuff is a bit disappointing. My guess is they are planning something big, or sorting out their office. Why not, you know, throw us an Endurance Run? It's just a daily Let's Play...

I just assumed the lack of content was because Vinny was away. Now Drew is away. I'm really, REALLY hoping it has nothing to do with moving to the CBS offices (other than moving is a pain). If less content is the new GB that would be really sad.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kermoosh

i think you're referring to "I love tuesday afternoons"

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#43  Edited By BeachThunder

@kermoosh said:

Sounds like something Rival Video Game Website would do...

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#44  Edited By Bollard

Myst is on 3DS? Huh, didn't know this. Hard to care when its like six bucks on GOG. I've always wondered if they will make an EU arm of GOG one day.

Also anyone else for creating an I Love Mondays Watitng Room? Now that they keep not showing up on Mondays :P

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AndrewB

@BeachThunder said:

@kermoosh said:

Sounds like something Rival Video Game Website would do...

They were involved in the move to CBSi too, so I'd have thought they'd be taking over Mondays just to one-up their Giant Bomb rivals. Or maybe even Sundays? Evil doesn't take weekends off.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Humanity

@MordeaniisChaos: While I don't exactly disagree on the menu thing in console RPGs I haven't really had many issues with them before - the ones in Witcher 2 are just jarring. Switching between character sheet, inventory or quest log is actually separated by a noticeable delay and a completely black screen. The way the inventory menu has like 8 or so tabs and you gotta go one by one to get from one end to the other is a minor annoyance, but the whole black screen thing is pretty awful.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By adoggz

Wow. Things have gotten so bad we have started our own speculative I Love Mondays now.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Humanity

@adoggz said:

Wow. Things have gotten so bad we have started our own speculative I Love Mondays now.

It's just those of us on the FAR East Coast have a lot more time on Monday morning to speculate. Thanks to the time difference I don't start seeing any actual updates on the site until like 5-6pm on mondays.

jrlyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jrlyon

4 QLs in 2 days? GB is back!