#1 Posted by StriderNo9 (1079 posts) -

If the game was based on the Prince of Persia 2008 engine. Imagine playing as Lion O, and using his Claw Shield to get around, along with his Sword of Omens to fight off baddies. The game can even be cel shaded to keep the cartoon look of the franchise. What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

Thundercats? No.

#3 Posted by Brodehouse (9576 posts) -

Pretty cool.

#4 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

What's wrong with the one from 1987 or that DS one? 
Other than being terrible of course

#5 Posted by Morrow (1828 posts) -

Oh my, that was one of my favourite TV shows back when I was little :D I had a crush on Tygra xD

I guess a game would be cool, at least I enjoyed the PoP 2008 game :)

#6 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

In that case I would like a Josie And The Pussycats game based off the Rock Band engine that I can play when I'm completely hammered. How does the lyrics go again? "Long ears and tails for hats?".

#7 Posted by GunstarRed (5022 posts) -

Only if there was a Snarf level.

#8 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

Depends on what studio does this, some have had some good IP games to work on & butchered them where it's not as much fun.

#9 Posted by AlexW00d (6180 posts) -

It would be terrible and just play off nostalgia.

#10 Posted by GunstarRed (5022 posts) -

Actually, isn't there a DS game coming?

#11 Posted by Video_Game_King (35982 posts) -

@mtcantor said:

Thundercats? No.

Thunder, thunder, THUNDERCATS! NOOOOOO!

#12 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I was on board until you mentioned PoP 2008. That shit was not dinosaurs.

#13 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

I was on board until you mentioned PoP 2008. That shit was not dinosaurs.

So un-dinosaurs.

#14 Posted by StriderNo9 (1079 posts) -

I loved PoP 2008. I say the same Ubisoft team that made that can make this fake Thundercats game.

#15 Posted by BerserkingGuts (73 posts) -

Heck yeah, but only if they find some way to include the original opening in-engine.

#16 Edited by Zenogiasu (192 posts) -

I never watched Thunder Cats, so I don't give a damn.

I'll show myself out.

EDIT: I missed the 80s. Don't kill me.

#17 Edited by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

I'd rather have a Street Sharks game.

edit: Or biker mice from mars

#18 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

@TheHumanDove said:

I'd rather have a Street Sharks game.

edit: Or biker mice from mars

No way. Road Rovers.

#19 Posted by theveej (811 posts) -

I would love a ThunderCats game, sign me UP!. I would rather be the 80s version, but at this point i'll take the new version also (it's quite good actually, not as good as the 80s one)

#20 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@theveej said:

I would love a ThunderCats game, sign me UP!. I would rather be the 80s version, but at this point i'll take the new version also (it's quite good actually, not as good as the 80s one)

Hey, from the first few episodes of the new series I've seen they managed to do the impossible. They made Snarf bearable. Hell, they made him cute!

I also liked the touch of the original voice actor of Lion-O playing the new Lion-O's dad.

Maybe I should revisit that show. I liked what I saw.

#21 Posted by BerserkingGuts (73 posts) -
#22 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

The only character should be Snarf. No deal if you don't do that.

#23 Posted by theveej (811 posts) -

@TeflonBilly said:

@theveej said:

Hey, from the first few episodes of the new series I've seen they managed to do the impossible. They made Snarf bearable. Hell, they made him cute!

I also liked the touch of the original voice actor of Lion-O playing the new Lion-O's dad.

Maybe I should revisit that show. I liked what I saw.

its actually pretty good, gets way more into sci-fi and race politics and some of the episode are surprisingly dark. You have to bear through some more "kiddie" episodes with moral lessons etc. but over all its pretty great. The action scenes are pretty up and down also, sometimes you get great action scene and other times its pretty lame. The twist at the end of season 1 is also amazing and pretty gutsy.

#24 Posted by BombcastGoldthwait (250 posts) -

Only if it's a first person shooter. (Im kidding. Please don't hate me forever)

#25 Edited by Cubical (637 posts) -

If you are talking about the crap ass new thundercats seriesFUCK NO the new 2012 thundercats sucks balls and the new thundertank and thundercats are ugly as fuck.

IF you are talking about 1980s thunder cats YES ...and a game has been done twice you noob now move on to geting a silverhawks game.

#26 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

I'm probably going to date myself here, but a Centurions game would be dope as all shit.

CENTURIONS-ONS-NS-Ns-ns-s

#27 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1170 posts) -

I was totally thinking like some kind of KOTOR like RPG. You'd make your own cat and whatnot. Idk why that was my first idea for a Thundercats game.