How do you know when you have completed a game?

spat55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spat55

I think it is when you have got all the trophies or Achievements, what about you?

Can't post anymore as I am a newbie, I'll be back tomorrow :(

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By morningstar

When the credits roll. Most of the time. Sometimes they trick you.

spat55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By spat55

@Morningstar said:

When the credits roll. Most of the time. Sometimes they trick you.

Not to sure, as there are loads of side missions and little things you can do to make the game you enjoy so much last that little longer.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By JoeyRavn

Same here. I only consider a game truly completed when I have all the (singleplayer) Achievements for it. That is, of course, unless the Achievements somehow don't cover the whole game, and by the time I've gotten them all, there's still story or main missions to do.

In the case that the game doesn't have Achievement, I aim to get 100%, unless there's multiplayer involved. Man, fuck multiplayer.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By redcream

When the credits roll or when the main quest is done.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Capum15
@RedCream said:

When the credits roll or when the main quest is done.

This. It doesn't mean I'm done with the game, though.
spat55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spat55

@JoeyRavn said:

Same here. I only consider a game truly completed when I have all the (singleplayer) Achievements for it. That is, of course, unless the Achievements somehow don't cover the whole game, and by the time I've gotten them all, there's still story or main missions to do.

In the case that the game doesn't have Achievement, I aim to get 100%, unless there's multiplayer involved. Man, fuck multiplayer.

I dislike multiplayer to, I use to like it now it seems to have kids all over it, think I will like it again now as I have a gaming PC and once I have my bluetooth headset connected to it I will be fine, although I can't use a Keyboard and mouse for gaming well :(

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CaLe

The credits. I don't care about achievements or side missions or collectibles or hidden rooms or secret areas or flasks or manuscript pages or relics or feathers or coins or agent honor or agility orbs or pigeons or wumpa fruit or starbits. Audio logs are OK though.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By me3639

@JoeyRavn said:

I dont try to get all the SP achievements but usually the majority. The only time i spend anytime in MP is for Co op and its not about the achievements its more of the fun factor.

etrips3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By etrips3

Yeah for me aswel. As soon as the credits roll (not going for the fake, under the options menu -> credits) it's the end of the game for me. I kinda miss the old school days when it would tell you Game Over after the credits. Then if the game got my attention enough (usually based on sittings) then I go and explore the side stuff and start searching for easter eggs and such.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Hizang

Well completed means 100%, but finished means credits.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Justin258

I considered a game "finished" when I've seen the main story through to the end. I've never been a completionist so getting 100% of the trophies/achievements does not matter one bit to me.

However, this does not mean that I don't try to look around and explore and get the most out of my games - you can be certain that I do - but I do it until I stop enjoying the game. Not until I've gotten all of the achievements.

spat55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By spat55

seems most just play the story and if they enjoyed it enough play the side stuff, ok thanks :)

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Gaff

When I say "F this!", chuck the controller across the room, take out the disc and switch the console off. Basically when I stop having fun.

elessarLOTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By elessarLOTR

In a game like Dark Souls I don't consider it done until iv'e seen every single nook and cranny of the world, and at least seen every weapon no matter how useless.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ares42

I feel like I've completed a game when I have gone through the content laid out for me, if that's finishing a campaign or every level or whatever doesn't matter. Being done with a game on the other hand is a completely different beast. I completed Dark Souls sometime back this summer, I got all the trophies a few weeks ago, yet I'm still not quite done with it it seems as I still regularly pop it in to try out stuff etc.

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Slay3r1583

When the story is over. In the case of games that aren't story based it is when I've had my fill and get bored of it.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By laserbolts

Usually when I see the credits.

JNSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JNSK

When the credits roll I consider the game to be finished, when everything substantial has been done (side quests and stuff) it's completed in my opinion. When all achievements have been got it's S-ranked/platinumed.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By themangalist

When I feel like the story is over. I do all the side stuff (if any) when I feel that they are most appropriate for the character to do at the time, and try to wrap as many up before ending the main story. The only games I think that didn't follow this rule were the Bethesda games.