How long did it take until you stopped playing multiplayer?

schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By schizogony

Halo: Reach - Two weeks (I loved it too but just got bored fast)
Team Fortress 2 - Two months (after release)    
Read Dead Redemption - Two months (after release) 
Unreal Tournament - One week (way into release, but I only lasted a week)   
Modern Warfare 2 - one weekend (I just couldn't stand CoD online anymore)  
Metal Gear Online - four months (my longest online shooter time, I love this game! I only quit because I forgot both of my KONAMI passwords and KONAMI-ID and the other login or whatever.  So I just couldn't login anymore without paying $17.  So I quit.  I miss it.  I really like MGO.  It's very unique).
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl - about five minutes of one game, terrible!

I can't seem to commit to any games.  I envy people that pick "their" game and play it and never get bored.  I guess I can never have that.  

Avatar image for deactivated-629e649f0699a
deactivated-629e649f0699a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Modern Warfare 2 is the only one on that list that I'm still playing. I tend to prefer single player games much more but there's something about the gameplay of MW2 that keeps me coming back.  Oh and I also played a lot of Counter Strike (1.6 and source) pretty regularly for a couple of years.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ArchScabby

Wow, maybe multiplayer games aren't for you.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By jacdg

Still playing Call of Duty 4, Modern Warfare 2 and Halo: Reach. Sold Bad Company 2, played it for about 3 months.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By iam3green

i'm still playing modern warfare 2. team fortress 2 i'm kind of playing. i enjoy playing some multiplayer games. the only ones that i don't like are the ones that are racers. i don't like them because cars are unbalanced.

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Aetos

I'll still play MW2 from time to time. And I still play StarCraft 2 a lot.

jasondaplock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By jasondaplock
  • Modern Warfare 2 (PC) - A month or so after release. The combat is really snappy and I wanted to get everything so I stayed until I prestiged. I still go back to it every once in while.
  • Team Fortress 2 - Still going since beta. I stop for a week here and there, but the content keeps coming and all my friends own it, so it continues to this day. 
  • Killzone 2 - A week (way after release). Just wasn't all that much fun after a few treks through each map. 
  • Left 4 Dead - About a day. Terrible, TERRIBLE community. More of my friends have it now so I'll give it another shot. 
  • Lead and Gold - Three days. This game is only fun with friends around and even then only in short bursts. 
  • Crysis Wars - Wish I could've been there when it launched, because I basically couldn't play it by the time I bought Warhead.
  • Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, Dawn of War II - I still play all of them (bought them all at release), but only with friends.
  • Shattered Horizon - Two games.
  • Plain Sight - A week. Simple, entertaining, but not quite deep enough.
  • Metal Gear Online - I was deterred by the download. I still hope that wasn't a bad decision.
  • Starcraft 2 - Three days. Was doing alright for the first two days, then I started sucking REALLY badly and I stopped.

So yeah, I pretty much only play games when I have friends around to play them with.
phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By phrosnite

Counter Strike 1.5 & 1.6 - played it for years and stopped 4 years ago... I haven't played an FPS MP since then.
DotA - played it for a year, stopped 3 years ago.
Played Guild War's MP for 450 hours and haven't played it for 2 years.
Heroes of Newerth - 440h and haven't played it for a year.
Dawn of War 2 - still playing it from time to time.  I can't wait for Retribution.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By zeforgotten

Team Fortress 2 I stopped playing after a couple of weeks. 
Then al the great updates came out and now I can't stop playing it. 
Stopped playing Starcraft online when Starcraft 2 came out. 

I really wanna play Reach but my friendslist on the 360 is near empty so I have no people I know to play with, and playing with silly random people is like dipping your balls in acid. 

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By mfpantst

I don't really 'commit' to multiplayer games per-se, but I do lose interest in games where I seem to distinctly suck at.  I have a hard time with Halo because of this.  MW is somewhat the same, but the reward system I think actually rewards you for being good and/or being a team player, so it sucks me in.  The battlefield games by far have the most traction for me b/c of the vehicle and map sizes.  Also I find I'm better at that game then at the other main shooter games.  Unreal still has pull but I'm not so much into PC gaming now that I have a tv I like to play on and like using a controller (vs mouse/keyboard)

I will say though that right now I'm in a single player kick and could care less.  But eventually I'll be back.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By napalm

I am pretty much done with multiplayer modes in games. I consider it a gimmick now, honestly. It's no longer fun, and they are all made for twelve year-olds to get their prepubescent jollies off.

memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By memo

still play COD4, Killzone 2, and bbc2

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ShockD

The longest was year and a half Counter-Strike: Source.

jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jaycee13

Modern warfare:  2 months
Modern warfare 2: 1 week
Halo Reach: 3 days
Streetfighter 4 : 1.5 years and running
Streetfighter 3 third strike: 1 year and running
Grand theft auto 4: 1 week
Red dead: 3 days
Blazblue: 1 day 
My attention span for multiplayer is poor for anything not Streetfighter. Call of Duty 4 was cool for a couple of months but I inevitably got bored of it. I thought maybe fighting games were my thing so I bought Blazblue but it wasn't my cup of tea.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By warxsnake

Team Fortress 2: TBD 

Unreal Tournament 2004: When UT3 came out and destroyed the franchise 

CSS: When TF2 came out and you didn't move like a snail. 

Battlefield 2: When BFBC2 came out 

Battlefield 2142: When they just couldn't make the netcode any good. 

Battlefield Vietnam: When they patched the shit out of choppers, disallowing fast rocket firing. 

Battlefield 2142: TBD, although I did spend a long hiatus not playing it because I got tired of the maps. 

All CODs: 2 Weeks max is all I can stand of having shit flung at my face. 

Worms Reloaded: When I figured you can't set up multiplayer matches with the good looking "premium maps" and you are stuck with random and user created maps. 

TF2 is winnar

tskunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By tskunk

I sold Modern Warfare 2 after about 6 months. I've been playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on PS3 for about the same amount of time.  I will probably not sell Battlefield, though, because of the forthcoming Vietnam multiplayer-only expansion. So I might actually get a whole year out of BF.

Quality FPS games are the only multiplayer games I can stay focused on. Even great 3rd person games, like Red Dead, barely held my attention past a day or two. There is something about the first person perspective, and killing video game characters controlled by real people.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Twisted_Scot

I used to play slightly older games for months and years (Battlefield 194X + 2, Halo:CE, Jedi Knight, quake etc) but have to admit i've noticed i don't spend as much time with things. Not sure if there's too much choice now, the communities and/or games have changed for the worse or its just me. Recently played Reach for a couple of weeks but its just so boring (personal opinion only). Still put on MW2 for short periods from time to time.

Onno10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Onno10

I still play L4D2 since I got it for free for being banned from MW2, best video game related thing that ever happened to me.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By Bollard

Wow, what's with all the online hate in this thread... Yeah things like MW2 are getting generic and samey, but experiences like Halo Reach and especially Starcraft 2 would just be incomplete without multiplayer.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I play single player Halo more often than multiplayer. It's more fun to me.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RsistncE

Counter-Strike 

7 motherfucking years

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22  Edited By KaosAngel

UT2k4 - Still play time to time. 
TF2 - Daily, idle bitches. 
MW2 - Hacked the fuck out of it and got to Prestige in less than 3 weeks after game came out. 

notsonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#23  Edited By notsonic

played super street fighter 4 for like a month. 

only real multiplayer games i enjoy are fighters and more often than not lag just kills the experience, so i dont bother playing online. 

i'll play tf2 every now and then for a round or two, or quake live. probably never more than an hour a week at most.

TheChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheChaos

Stopped playing TF2
BLASPHEMER!

Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Potter9156

MW: when MW2 came out
MW2: still playing 
Bad Company  2: 2 months 
Halo: Reach: still playing it, though not seriously. Just trying to beat it on Legendary before champaign matchmaking 
Halo 3: 2 weeks   
Left 4 Dead; months  

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GoofyGoober

Lets see here. 

• F.E.A.R-Over a year and a half, got the game in 07, stopped playing cause the community had died
  • Gears of war-Over a year and a half-Stopped playing the game cause my 360 broke
  • Rainbow Six Vegas-About a year, stopped playing cause I sorta got bored with the game
  • Vegas 2-About a week, it was so laggy on the PS3
  • Team fortress 2-I loved this game but it only lasted like a month, I had the PS3 version
  • Smackdown vs raw 2007-About 2 months, stopped because I got tired of the quitters.
  • Halo 3-About 5 months-I just sucked at that game.
  • Bad Company 1-About 5 months, stopped cause I started getting busy with other things
  • Bad company 2-5 months, stopped because of the community and dev support
  • Fear 2-2 days, horrible horrible MP, and the community was pretty dead
  • Warhawk-barely a week, still got the game but I refuse to play it. It was too late, I couldn't get into the game at all. Still a ton of peeps playing it tho.
  • Burnout revenge- Just about 2 years. First xboxlive game I played on the 360. Stopped because I had other things to do
I still play Burnout paradise and hopefully MAG will last awhile.
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By X19

MW2- Three months 

The only reason it stopped at three months was because I sold the game to get my life back lol 

UC2 multiplayer I have played since the beta. I would relate my relationship with UC2 as to a Husband(UC2) beating up his wife(me) every night but the wife still loves him to much to leave. He used to be fun and caring(update 1.04) but turned into an abusive drunk (update1.09)

bombsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By bombsta

MW2 and Halo 3: Full of jock assholes who go "D'HOI HOI HOI I PWNED YOUR NOOB ASS LOL I HAVE SEX WITH YOUR MOTHER LOL" 
On the other hand, the Multiplayer community of Valve games are chill 

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By xyzygy

Multiplayer games aren't really for me, but I do love Halo Reach online which I play whenever I can. I played MGO for a little while but it just got really boring and tedious to me, everyone would always be in the same spots and I guess it kinda became a chore to play it. Also, I found it really laggy and the bullet detection was off.  

I still play Demon's Souls to this day though, but that doesn't really count because the online is integrated into Single Player.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#30  Edited By Yummylee
Resistance 2, about 5 months afterwards, same with the original Resistance. Uncharted 2 I'd still be playing had I not lost my copy, and I'm still sporadically heading in the RDR multiplayer. 
Kane and Lynch 2 probably lasted me about a month overall. Bioshock 2, like a week before I got fed up.