How long did it take you to subscribe to premium?

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

A friend of mine introduced me to this site way back in early 2010.

I was a casual fan of the site, until about last summer I had to travel a lot for work and found myself listening to both podcasts almost weekly.

After I saw the premium sale a few weeks ago I finally subscribe to premium, after a solid 6 years of visiting the site.

How long did you visit Giant Bomb before you committed to subscribe?

betaband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

6 years. I was broke.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

when I had a job, and now I don't and have to justify random steam games I have no desire to play, mario party and wrestling which I will never watch or listen to as I'm insufficient funds on my debt card.

Giantbomb is a mess, period

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Been here from damn near day one.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

I've been a GB premium member since they started selling subscriptions. And I've been visiting the site since it was just Jeff's blog, back when Jeff was just getting his start in energy drink reviews.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been visiting this site since sometime in 2009 but it took me until mid 2013 to even make an account and go premium. It took me a while to come to terms with dropping money on dudes doing stuff with video games on the internet. But once I realized I consumed more content from GB than I do TV or any other form of video media (minus video games of course) I thought it was ok and dropped some money.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By TobbRobb

Probably a year? Maybe 2? I don't remember. I started lurking around 2009, posting around 2010 and subbing fairly soon thereafter. I tend to resub during the sales, because the price is easier to justify with my economy. But don't think I've been without badge since the first sub.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I was here from the beginning but it took me a couple of years to subscribe. I was going through uni so didn't have much disposable income. I did a couple of month by month subscriptions. Once I got full time work I jumped on.

TangyGeoduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It took me a couple months. I watched one of the madden quick looks and was intrigued. I watched a whole bunch more quick looks and figured I should turn off ad blockers since I was enjoying the content. Ads sucked and I figured that it was easier to just directly support the site. No ragrets.

Avatar image for tavistavistavis
tavistavistavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started listening to the Bombcast in early 2008, and that was it for a year or so, then I started going to the web site. I don't remember when they started offering premium, 2011 maybe? But I didn't sign up till early 2013, when I finally had some disposable cash. I love this web site.

madladunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Took me years to subscribe despite regularly stopping by the site and listening to the Bombcast. What finally tempted me into the subscription a couple of years ago was getting really into Dark Souls and not being able to resist Load Our Last Souls any longer.

Only just signed up for the yearly sub; I've been monthly until now. I guess my badge has changed from silver to gold?...

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Day 1.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The day after I found the site.

maxx3075

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By maxx3075

Been here since somewhere around 09 I think, been a subscriber since 2011 or so

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

About a year after subscriptions were first introduced in 2010. Couldn't afford it at the time.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't really remember but I guess the moment I found out about the live shows.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been a regular ever since the chrono trigger endurance run, and subscribed somewhere around 2013 or 2014 i think

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BradBrains
@savage said:

I've been a GB premium member since they started selling subscriptions. And I've been visiting the site since it was just Jeff's blog, back when Jeff was just getting his start in energy drink reviews.

too bad that career didnt pan out for him. shame.

Im say one here too. it big live live when they first introduced premium right?

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Not too long after it was introduced for the Happy Hour episodes.

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

After they launched it, I would say it took me about 3 years before joining. I didn't have a steady, decent paying, job till junior year of college so that's really the main reason.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think I started visiting here randomly back in 2010, made an account in 2011 and then bought a premium membership in 2012. I remember it was during a sale and I was so happy when I got one, because all other times I had tried, my payment had bounced back. So I did try to become a premium sometime earlier than that, but eh, technical problems...better later than never, though!

Really wish there still would've been some content lock for me to toggle, because I just burned through every video that looked even potentially interesting...

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A couple of years after they launched it. I missed all the Happy Hours and they must have already been in the current office for a few months when I went premium.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#24  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I became a premium member in May 2011. I don't remember how close to the launch of the premium service that was, but I believe it was just a few months at most. Had probably visited the site for about 1½ year at that point.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By wrecks

I'm a founder.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By militantfreudian

It took me about four years to make an account and few more months to subscribe. That was two years ago when I wanted to watch Load Our Last Souls.

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found GB in the early summer of 2011 due to the Persona 4 ER. I subscribed that September so I could watch the Random PC game where they played Daggerfall, and I have been subscribed ever since.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been paying since it was possible to do so.

danglingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Took me 5 years.

MaKiNbAcoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started visiting the site when it was still a blog, so around 2008? I liked Jeff's reviews when he was at gamespot.

I started listening to the Bombcast in 2010. I wasn't really into video/podcasts at the time.

The week Danswers aired is when I signed up for premium. Oh by the way, is Danswers coming back? I started also having longer commutes to and from work and I really enjoyed having extra podcasts to listen to.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A month or so after the first mario party party. Had been listening to the bombcast occasionally for a year or two before that.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I subscribed right away, because I had been on the site since basically the beginning. I didn't even have to think it over

hach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found the site and watched some of their stuff including the first MGScanlon then immediately subscribed.

I used to watch Gamespot videos in the early-mid 2000s then stopped so I had no idea the whole Jeff fired, started Giantbomb thing happened. Then I started watching Gamespot vids again because of Danny O'Dwyer (Random Encounter) and the autoplay on GS started playing a quicklook of something while I was on another page and I was like "Holy shit that's Shoemaker's voice!" Dude has a super distinctive voice, came to the site and had a nostalgia rush and saw all the cool stuff on here and subscribed.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

A couple of years because I was poor and didn't have a card. Way too long since I have been here since before the start.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

A little over a year.

In 2013 I had a job that lead me plenty of time to listen to podcasts while I worked. In March or May I saw the Bombcast on iTunes and started listening to that. By November, I started to actually go to the site to watch Quick Looks, because of the Xbox One and PS4 console launches. That was the first time I thought "I should actually see these games for myself". So I started watching Quick Looks ever since, and became a premium member around June 2014, so I could stop seeing ads.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know, 15 minutes? I was there day one.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you start counting from the first time I was watching GB highlights on Youtube, then maybe a couple of years. If you start counting when I started visiting the site regularly, a few months.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since they allowed me to give them my money.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I became a fan around the Deadly Premonition Endurance Run, subbed probably a month or two later, don't fully remember how long it took, but I knew I had to see everything these guys had to offer and it was sooner rather than later.