How Long is SOTN?

r0k1ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By r0k1ll

I got Symphony of the Night a while ago on XBLA, but I never really bothered to play it, with all the other games taking up my time. How long will it take me to finish this game. Also, how hard are the achievements, since I'm kind of a completionist.

tamerxero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By tamerxero

You can beat it in a weekend if you want to get the bad ending.  Mind you, the bad ending isn't horrible - it's certainly better than the "super bad ending," which is, of course, death - but it's not the best you can hope for.  For the best ending, expect about 20-30 hours.

MrKart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By MrKart

The achievements aren't hard at all, there is the tedius map completion achievement that can be insanely annoying because you won't be able to figure out what tiny little room you haven't explored yet, but the rest are all easy providing you know how to get to the real ending and such. 20-30 hours is a HUGE overstatement though. I'd say 10 for the good ending, MAYBE. It depends how many times you die and how lost you get, but I didn't think SotN was that hard personally.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman
@MrKart said:
" The achievements aren't hard at all, there is the tedius map completion achievement that can be insanely annoying because you won't be able to figure out what tiny little room you haven't explored yet, but the rest are all easy providing you know how to get to the real ending and such. 20-30 hours is a HUGE overstatement though. I'd say 10 for the good ending, MAYBE. It depends how many times you die and how lost you get, but I didn't think SotN was that hard personally. "
It's not that it's hard. The map is just huge and with someone that has never played the game before, there is bound to be lots of backtracking (even more than usual). So I would say 20 or more hours is certainly possible.

Also I just want to say I loved that 200.6% achievement. There's just so much satisfaction when you finally get it. At least for me there was.    :P
tamerxero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By tamerxero
@MrKart: I'm thinking, y'know, he hasn't played the game, it'd be hard at first to find his way without a strategy guide or something.  I mean, anyone can find their way through any game in the minimum amount of time required with a strategy guide.  But my first time playing the game was a good 20-22 hours.  Of course, I level like a madman, found the best weapons, and was raping Dracula at level, like, 70+.  But that's just me. 

Yeah, you can probably beat the game in 10-15 at level 40 or something.