How often do you replay games?

• 58 results
kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Poll How often do you replay games? (220 votes)

I replay every game at least once 6%
I play through a game once 15%
Most games I play only require one playthough (RPGs) 9%
I never finish games, I am crazy 6%
I like achievements/trophies so multiple tiems 3%
Depends on the game/ mood I'm in 64%

So lately, with games like The Order 1886 coming out, I been thinking about how many times I actually play a single game. Well, I am one of the people that bought The Order 1886, and I played through it 3 times. Once just to play it, a second time to see stuff I may have missed, and the third time for the remaining collectibles I missed. Then I began to think about how many times I play through the games I actually own. Most games tend to be once, mostly because I play a lot of RPGs, and open world games I don't like doing multiple times. In some cases, I do replay them for achievements and trophies, but lately it seems to be one and done, unless I play it again on a harder difficulty. (Ex. Every Halo and Call of Duty)

So I ask you guys, How often do you replay your games?

• 
monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

I rarely replay games. The ones I woudl replay are ones with choices that affert teh outcome. So, Heavy Rain, Walking Dead, Dragons Dogma, Mass Effect I will play a few times or at least twice. All other games just once.

Ryagan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

It depends. Some platformers I can play over and over again, such as some of the Sonic games as well as a few Mario titles. I find myself replaying RPGs a lot. I've beaten Persona 4 twice because it's an amazing experience that I love reliving. I've beaten Paper Mario and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door about five times each because their worlds suck me in so much. (Nostalgia might also play a big role.) I also like replaying games from the Tales series because I get so attached to the characters and the stories.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really depends if I'm in the mood, or I really want to play it again because I like it.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By John1912

It all depends on if the game is good or not. If I havent burnt out on it, and want more, I will prob play through a 2nd or 3rd time. If im really into it I may play through 3-4x. A few I replayed 8-12x like Ninja Gaiden on Xbox, which I guess includes NG Black. I never set out to have a set amount of play throughs. Played most the Batman games 2-4x when they came out, and another 2x playing them again year or two later. If an RPG has good replay Ill do several runs on them as well. Usually that needs a fun alternate char or party set up, like Elder Scrolls, Fallout.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Depends. I do try to regularly reply some of my favourites, such as Killer7 or MGS. If a game particularly grabs me, I'll also probably try to make attempts on it's more difficult settings. When I finished RE4 on the PC, I almost immediately decided to go through it again in pro mode. Same for MGR and the Revengeance difficulty.

Disintegration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I rarely play games more than once, but I recently finished FarCry 4 and immediately restarted it, for whatever that is worth.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As i got older and have more income, I don't finish a lot of games the first time around, much less a second

hanktherapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I finished Metroid Prime for the fifth time last weekend.