How often do you watch Giantbomb content on Youtube rather than the site?

• 74 results
Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

Poll How often do you watch Giantbomb content on Youtube rather than the site? (359 votes)

Never 26%
Rarely 24%
Occasionally 21%
Regularly 21%
Exclusively 8%

Personally, I highly enjoy viewing Quick Looks through the Youtube app on my PS3. If I see a Quick Look is on the site, my immediate reaction is to turn on my PS3 and head to TheRealGiantBomb. I love that Youtube app's technology despite the interface, how things look 95% as good on my 50" TV as they do on my 20" desktop, and I love that I can have the videos running and still be able to use my computer for other stuff.

As a side conversation, it's always had me curious if there's a way anyone's figured out to view premium content on their televisions. Maybe I could put them on my iPhone and play them through the USB port? But since a lot of premium content is live, that doesn't really help (I'm not sure why the PS3 browser can barely play any video, the only site I have any real success with is a sports streaming site) if I want to see it as it's happening (and I do, there's a lot of charm to the liveness of the live shows).

• 
Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Only when I'm awake in bed staring at my phone in the morning. Usually I have a good reason not to do that though.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Vexxan

Almost never, I watch it all on the site.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By Vonocourt

Pre-relaunch, mostly on youtube since I would have trouble with the GB player, also that weird scaling issue. New progressive player is working fine for me though, the streaming one is wonky though.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Since I can't keep the videos on GB in fullscreen on my second monitor, I've had to resort to watching them exclusively on YouTube now. It sucks but it's better than the fucking hassle I have to put up with otherwise.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Jrinswand

Almost 100% of the time. The only time I watch video on the site is when a video is so new, they haven't uploaded it to YouTube yet. Even with the improved video player, which is leaps and bounds beyond what it used to be, it's still nowhere near as good as plain ol' YouTube.

Edit: Also, the subscription feature of YouTube is a lifesaver because I have a daily dose of videos not just from Giant Bomb, but from all over the place as well. It's really easy for me to consume many different types of video instead of just one.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Only when I'm at work.

I wonder why the federal government would ban a site called Giant Bomb. Go figure.

No really, all video game sites are blocked besides NeoGAF. I bet there are GAF guys in the IT department or something that left that as a loophole. Reading GAF is unfortunate.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last time I used the PS3's YouTube app it was fucking terrible. But now, Giant Bomb's video player is fucking terrible (and to think I thought it was bad before!) so maybe I should give that YouTube app another chance.

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I never really watch it on youtube, but I usually use youtube streaming. At least I did on the old site.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fluxwavez:

Yeah, me too. I have a 5-6 year old computer, that doesn't seem to run the video player very well. Yet, the video player on Youtube works very well

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Well there are sometimes GB videos just refuse to buffer and I have to use the youtube player. It annoys the hell out of me each time though.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#61  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

The only times I have has been a few unarchived videos from several years ago. For example, the GB retro gaming marathon from 2010.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

I download premium videos and I watch quick looks and other stuff on the site using the youtube player because that runs better on my internet for whatever reason. I never go to youtube and watch giantbomb videos unless its fan made stuff like animated bombcasts or shit like that.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Whenever I find myself on Youtube instead of Giantbomb while a video comes out.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I used to watch GB's videos all the time on the actual website, but when it took like 30 minutes to buffer a 30 minute video, I said screw it. Same with downloading TNT's, that would take up to 8 hours at times which was craziness that I just went to Youtube for a lot of it which is kind of sad. :(

Kind of not sure why I am exactly paying...?

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rarely, might be never now as my buffering issues seemed to have passed with the new site.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#66  Edited By Nodima

@kerned: The YouTube app was unusable when I first used it (whatever video I played first was the only video that would load even though I could browse and pick other videos) but it's perfect now, especially with a phone in control of it so you don't have to use the dumb alphabetic search engine that's also on the PSN.

It's just really easy to appreciate being able to stream videos on my TV and get a better picture of how I might actually be looking at the game. But I'm also not a PC gamer, so that adds to me being less compelled by looking at their videos on my computer.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#67  Edited By xymox

Used the youtube player on the old site but haven't had a need for it on this one. I had an issue with the old player where I couldn't jump ahead in a video (in order to resume play) even though it was set to "streaming". Now I don't use the youtube player at all.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Almost all the time actually. The buffering is just faster for me on YouTube. It's also much easier on mobile, when you can just launch the YouTube app.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I mostly download the videos and watch them that way. If I'm going to stream I use Youtube when possible since the performance is much much better.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Kerned

@nodima: I used the PS3 app/phone controls combo quite a bit over the weekend. It works perfectly, I love it.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#71  Edited By hermes

Never...

Before the redesign, I used the android Whiskey Media app to download videos and watch them later. Now, however, there are less resolutions available on that app (for which I blame the changes in the API), so I don't use it so often and visit the site (or just skip the content)...

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72  Edited By Nux

I did once when videos on the old site were so slow it was unwatchable.

andriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never, but i frequently use the ios app

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#74  Edited By mtcantor

Only when the video streaming on the main site is screwed up for some reason.