demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By demonbear

Well, here I go again.

For my close friends, this is an awesome joke, probably the funniest thing I did this year. Why? Because I talked s**t about the xbox 360 for a solid year and a half now on all sorts of occasions.

IS THERE NO GAAAAAAWD???
IS THERE NO GAAAAAAWD???
Story goes like this : Near the ES4 : Oblivion launch back a couple of years ago, i thought that spending all that tax return money on a next gen console ( the only one on the market back then ) was a great idea.

And it was for the first few months. Played Oblivion, condemned 1, Marvel UA, NHL 2k7, Dead Rising. Life was good.

Then Mass Effect came out. It was a big deal for me because it was THE game I was waiting for. Played the hell out of that game, passed it, and the very first game I tried to play after that, NHL 2k7, i got the Red Ring of Death.

This was in November, just a few weeks before Christmas. I called Xbox support, they sent a box, you know the drill. Xbox comes back JUST in time for Christmas, December 20th of something like that, and i got a refurbished console of course. Played for about a week then, after a whole series of unreadable disk errors, my xbox thought that it could go another mile by scratching my game dvds completely. Mass Effect and NHL 2k7 were totally raped by my console, and of course, unreadable.

So at that point, I just had it with my Xbox, payed for Xbox live, paid for that stupid wireless network adaptor, recharge battery kit, and THEN some, and that thing blows up in my face ans scratches my CDs.

So I sold the whole thing and turned to my PC for my gaming needs. I eventually went on to PS3 and was very happy with it for a while.

But thing is, when you're a PS3 owner, you have a great console in your hands but oh so few games to play. Especially if you like RPGS. PS3 right now is full of shooters of all sorts but if you strip it down of all the games consisting of you, in a first person view, poiting a gun at someone's head and repeating the process over and over again, you'd be left with a couple of multiplatformers without much interest and Valkyria Chronicles.... but wait, thats pointing a gun at someone's head too!!! damn!

So my friend bought an XBOX 360 recently and he's full of good rpgs to play like Fable 2, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 4 and whatnot and I can't play one of those.

And yet again this year, i get a big tax return. Plus I sold my PSP very recently. You all know what that means don'tcha?

So here I am, with a Red xbox 360 at home with a copy of Resident Evil 5 in it. Played it the whole week end, had a blast with it, im happy. But I'm also scared. See i'm like a rape victim : I've been hurt once, and I know it could happen again....

Wish me luck!
demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By demonbear

Well, here I go again.

For my close friends, this is an awesome joke, probably the funniest thing I did this year. Why? Because I talked s**t about the xbox 360 for a solid year and a half now on all sorts of occasions.

IS THERE NO GAAAAAAWD???
IS THERE NO GAAAAAAWD???
Story goes like this : Near the ES4 : Oblivion launch back a couple of years ago, i thought that spending all that tax return money on a next gen console ( the only one on the market back then ) was a great idea.

And it was for the first few months. Played Oblivion, condemned 1, Marvel UA, NHL 2k7, Dead Rising. Life was good.

Then Mass Effect came out. It was a big deal for me because it was THE game I was waiting for. Played the hell out of that game, passed it, and the very first game I tried to play after that, NHL 2k7, i got the Red Ring of Death.

This was in November, just a few weeks before Christmas. I called Xbox support, they sent a box, you know the drill. Xbox comes back JUST in time for Christmas, December 20th of something like that, and i got a refurbished console of course. Played for about a week then, after a whole series of unreadable disk errors, my xbox thought that it could go another mile by scratching my game dvds completely. Mass Effect and NHL 2k7 were totally raped by my console, and of course, unreadable.

So at that point, I just had it with my Xbox, payed for Xbox live, paid for that stupid wireless network adaptor, recharge battery kit, and THEN some, and that thing blows up in my face ans scratches my CDs.

So I sold the whole thing and turned to my PC for my gaming needs. I eventually went on to PS3 and was very happy with it for a while.

But thing is, when you're a PS3 owner, you have a great console in your hands but oh so few games to play. Especially if you like RPGS. PS3 right now is full of shooters of all sorts but if you strip it down of all the games consisting of you, in a first person view, poiting a gun at someone's head and repeating the process over and over again, you'd be left with a couple of multiplatformers without much interest and Valkyria Chronicles.... but wait, thats pointing a gun at someone's head too!!! damn!

So my friend bought an XBOX 360 recently and he's full of good rpgs to play like Fable 2, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 4 and whatnot and I can't play one of those.

And yet again this year, i get a big tax return. Plus I sold my PSP very recently. You all know what that means don'tcha?

So here I am, with a Red xbox 360 at home with a copy of Resident Evil 5 in it. Played it the whole week end, had a blast with it, im happy. But I'm also scared. See i'm like a rape victim : I've been hurt once, and I know it could happen again....

Wish me luck!
rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By rinkalicous

I found sending my xbox back to be pretty painless, especially seeing as how it was free. But getting your discs scratched sucks- if they stop working, get a drop of olive oil and gently rub in on the discs and allow it to dry, that fixed all the discs my old xbox tore up.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By toowalrus

Yeah, the Xbox 260 sucks. Although your shiny new red one should be safe for awhile.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Warfare

So basically you got raped by Microsoft and went back for more.

DevilishSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By DevilishSix
demonbear said:
"Well, here I go again.

IS THERE NO GAAAAAAWD???
IS THERE NO GAAAAAAWD???
Story goes like this : Near the ES4 : Oblivion launch back a couple of years ago, i thought that spending all that tax return money on a next gen console ( the only one on the market back then ) was a great idea. And it was for the first few months. Played Oblivion, condemned 1, Marvel UA, NHL 2k7, Dead Rising. Life was good. Then Mass Effect came out. It was a big deal for me because it was THE game I was waiting for. Played the hell out of that game, passed it, and the very first game I tried to play after that, NHL 2k7, i got the Red Ring of Death.This was in November, just a few weeks before Christmas. I called Xbox support, they sent a box, you know the drill. Xbox comes back JUST in time for Christmas, December 20th of something like that, and i got a refurbished console of course. Played for about a week then, after a whole series of unreadable disk errors, my xbox thought that it could go another mile by scratching my game dvds completely. Mass Effect and NHL 2k7 were totally raped by my console, and of course, unreadable.So at that point, I just had it with my Xbox, payed for Xbox live, paid for that stupid wireless network adaptor, recharge battery kit, and THEN some, and that thing blows up in my face ans scratches my CDs.So I sold the whole thing and turned to my PC for my gaming needs. I eventually went on to PS3 and was very happy with it for a while.But thing is, when you're a PS3 owner, you have a great console in your hands but oh so few games to play. Especially if you like RPGS. PS3 right now is full of shooters of all sorts but if you strip it down of all the games consisting of you, in a first person view, poiting a gun at someone's head and repeating the process over and over again, you'd be left with a couple of multiplatformers without much interest and Valkyria Chronicles.... but wait, thats pointing a gun at someone's head too!!! damn!So my friend bought an XBOX 260 recently and he's full of good rpgs to play like Fable 2, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 4 and whatnot and I can't play one of those.And yet again this year, i get a big tax return. Plus I sold my PSP very recently. You all know what that means don'tcha?So here I am, with a Red xbox 360 at home with a copy of Resident Evil 5 in it. Played it the whole week end, had a blast with it, im happy. But I'm also scared. See i'm like a rape victim : I've been hurt once, and I know it could happen again....Wish me luck!"

if it had been me and the refurbed 360 scratched my games, I would have called Microsoft and told them that the console they sent your scratched your games and you want replacements, if they did not want to replace and send a console that didn't scratch disks, you would file a complaint with the better business bureau and/or have your story published on a game site for the whole world to read what happened.  Cautionary tales can scare tactic them to do they should.
demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By demonbear

@ Rinkalicous : thats a nice tip, didn't knew that, thanks! but lets just hope my xbox just works like its suppose to.

@ TooWalrus : That's what I hope, apparantly, the newer models have new parts in them and whatnot, we'll see.

@Warfare : Dude I know!! But im all in for the games. And right now, 360 has them. Plus the difference now is that I have PS3 AND 360 so if one breaks, i'm not console-less. And it's a great way to solve the exclusive games issue.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Warfare
demonbear said:
"@ Rinkalicous : thats a nice tip, didn't knew that, thanks! but lets just hope my xbox just works like its suppose to.@ TooWalrus : That's what I hope, apparantly, the newer models have new parts in them and whatnot, we'll see.@Warfare : Dude I know!! But im all in for the games. And right now, 360 has them. Plus the difference now is that I have PS3 AND 360 so if one breaks, i'm not console-less. And it's a great way to solve the exclusive games issue."
Well good luck.
demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By demonbear
DevilishSix said:
if it had been me and the refurbed 360 scratched my games, I would have called Microsoft and told them that the console they sent your scratched your games and you want replacements, if they did not want to replace and send a console that didn't scratch disks, you would file a complaint with the better business bureau and/or have your story published on a game site for the whole world to read what happened.  Cautionary tales can scare tactic them to do they should."

I know that's what i should've done, but by that time, I was tired of fighting and especially tired of Microsoft. I had a good price for the whole package so I just took the money and forgot about this horrible event in my gamer's life...... until today! :P
tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By tmthomsen

Send it to repair and get it back about a week later? That's how it works in my country.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By demonbear

Only sad part in this story though is that i've bought it last friday and I only saw today ( tuesday ) that there was that cool halo3+fable2 bundle coming in may. I would've probably waited for that one to come out. I want to play fable real bad. In fact, I even bought the original on XBLA.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By crunchUK

Here;s my heroic story

I bought an xbox 360

it's still working

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Xandurson

I have a feeling you made the right choice, my friend. I hope it doesn't hurt you again.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By subject2change

There is also the Tooth Paste procedure for repairing discs. Simply take SOLID White toothpaste (none of that gel stuff) and rub it all over the back of the Disc, let it sit for a few minutes (like 5), use Warm water and rub the toothpaste off with your thumb. Pat dry the disc, let it sit for like 10 minutes make sure its completely dry and give it a shot

This fixed RE2 for me on my PS1 from locking up (bought it off of eBay in a lot and had light/medium scratches on it).

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By raven_squad

Interesting.... you complain about all of the shooters on the PS3, and yet the first game you put in when you get your 360 is...a shooter. Thats also on PS3... Huh. 

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By demonbear

@raven_squad  It came with the bundle dude. Stop following me around to complain about what I say. :P

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By raven_squad

Lol, im not following you around. Your posting on a forum that I browse around. I dont even know who the hell you are. 

Avatar image for adamantiumfiend
adamantiumfiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By adamantiumfiend

yeah i had the RROD as well, it happen about 30 seconds into bioshock...pissed me off...until i recieved a replacement from microsoft that turned out to be a brand new system and not a refurbished one, that made the whole thing worth it. :) 

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By TheJollyRajah

You are stoopit.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By demonbear

Well, Week 3 of my new xbox and im still loving it. I just got Lego Star wars off of amazon and i'll play around with that for a while.

I'll eventually have to buy the wireless adaptor though and in canada, thats a 100$ Im still playing offline for now but a current gen console offline feels..... well empty.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Alexander

I have to say, if my 360 crapped out tomorrow I'd probably go out and get a new one. I have too many games, the investment for a new Arcade version (use the old HDD) would be better than paying for a repair. Plus with the new Jasper motherboards the overheating issue is supposed to be addressed. So if anything I'd feel more confident the next time round.

CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CoverlessTech

Mine just crapped out on me right when I got two games in the mail. This is my second one(I sold my original after red rings a few years back). I'm selling this crap when it gets back. My PC plays games better then the 360 ever did anyways, plus PC games are way cheaper.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By get2sammyb
raven_squad said:
"Interesting.... you complain about all of the shooters on the PS3, and yet the first game you put in when you get your 360 is...a shooter. Thats also on PS3... Huh. "
I thought exactly the same thing dude.

But whatever. Enjoy.
Moridin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Moridin
demonbear said:
"Only sad part in this story though is that i've bought it last friday and I only saw today ( tuesday ) that there was that cool halo3+fable2 bundle coming in may. I would've probably waited for that one to come out. I want to play fable real bad. In fact, I even bought the original on XBLA."
  Scuttlebutt is that those elites are way older models, without the newer - and better - innards. Bundled up to get rid of them, before Microsoft discontinues them. The current 60GB models and the RE5 bundles have the newer hardware.
demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By demonbear
@get2sammyb: Then you didn't read either, it was an RE5 Bundle. It came with the xbox and i wanted an xbox with the newest hardware possible.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

What the hell are you afraid of?  You didn't call Mr. Softy back when it scratched your disks. Instead you went on to PC & PS3. It's your own fault for not doing what needed to be done: getting another refurbished replacement.  Replacements for Mass Effect wouldn't cost very much.  In summary, you raped yourself.

Also, you could have bought the 150G drive & then copied the game to the hdd. That's what I do & I'm using the white Xbox 360 which I've never seen scratch a game (though I've replaced it twice due to RROD).

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Hitchenson
crunchUK said:
"Here;s my heroic storyI bought an xbox 360it's still working"
You're one in a million, then.
demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By demonbear
@Lind_L_Taylor: At the time, the copy-to-drive option was not available. And like I said in my original post, i just had it at that point of paying for stuff that keeps on breaking. Plus all my realife friends who had an xbox360 got the RROD as well at that time so i just got tired of all that lousy hardware. Hopefully, my new one is made of tougher stuff.